Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassins Creed Valhalla (Vikings)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Sigurd is the lad who was the main guy at underage GAA but as soon as he hits senior no-one listens to him anymore.

"I could have made county God dammit!"

Don't let Valhalla put you off. The series has been so much better than this.

I've played all the others and II was my favorite but after Black Flag the series has been going downhill. I should have trusted my gut feeling and not buying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Any particular reason people are not enjoying this? Bought it over Christmas for the PS5 and have to say I'm really having a great time. The only persistent issue I have is the reload/drunk one.

Are the
    Asgard
    missions compulsory? or can I keep with just the real world stuff?

fixXxer wrote: »
    Any particular reason people are not enjoying this? Bought it over Christmas for the PS5 and have to say I'm really having a great time. The only persistent issue I have is the reload/drunk one.

Are the
    Asgard

The missions and characters are boring imo. That's what i think about it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Are the
    Asgard

I think completing them go towards the true ending. That's what I've heard anyway. For the drunk bug just meditate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Are the
    Asgard

FWIW I absolutely loved it, its easily my favourite of the series. If I was to guess as to why people don't like it, I'd say it is because the beginning is quite slow (among other things).

Those missions are not compulsory but they are, along with the animus glitches, quite important to fully understand both the modern and standard endings. If you are in any way interested in the Isu lore they are pretty much essential.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,179 ✭✭✭Ridley

Said it in another thread but, for me, the game's peppered with little bits from the other main titles which are quite rewarding.
    Dat Ezio voice cameo.

The seer missions tie into the game's theme of asking what makes a good king too. Lot of leaders and a lot of people whispering into their ear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Parabellum9

Does anyone really pay attention to the present day stuff though? I’m not a huge Assasins creed fan but have played 2,3 black flag origins and odyssey before this and I hate the present day sections. It’s pointless fluff and adds nothing to the game. I’m sure long term fans might understand some of what is going on but I just see it as pulling me out of the game for no reason. I don’t care about it in the slightest

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Not too bothered about the modern day stuff anymore. I don't feel like it will ever go anywhere, because I can't imagine an AC with modern weaponry.

I have this downloaded again, sitting on the PS5 menu. Are there still issues with it on PS5? And have they fixed the disc loading issue? I'm basically out of new things to play, so might start this again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭quokula

I'm a pretty big AC fan because I enjoy the gameplay and also the historic tourism aspect of it. I've played and completed pretty much every game in the series (everything other than AC3 and Rogue I think), yet I couldn't tell you the slightest thing about the modern day story, I just completely zone out whenever it comes on. The only enjoyable one for those sections was Black Flag where they broke the fourth wall a bit and had some fun with it.
    I have this downloaded again, sitting on the PS5 menu. Are there still issues with it on PS5? And have they fixed the disc loading issue? I'm basically out of new things to play, so might start this again.

I've been playing on PS5 for a couple of weeks and have had zero issues, I wasn't aware there were any. I'm playing the download version though not the disc one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭DrSpongeBobz

Really enjoy this game. Have not played an assassins creed game since syndicate so don't care if its more of the same as origins and odyssey. Story is meh and the characters dull but its been like that in every assassins creed game I have played. The Ireland dlc should be fun.

****ing hell the
    Templars
    are tough!

****ing hell the
    Templars
    are tough!

Use the summon wolf ability, they will instantly knock them down and you get a free stomp. Also distract them for a bit so you can fill their skulls with arrows.

Markitron wrote: »
    Use the summon wolf ability, they will instantly knock them down and you get a free stomp. Also distract them for a bit so you can fill their skulls with arrows.

Pfffff arrows are for Saxon cowards. I want to drive my axe through their skull :pac:

Pfffff arrows are for Saxon cowards. I want to drive my axe through their skull :pac:

You can still do that after you turn them into a human sieve with your arrows :)

quokula wrote: »
    I've been playing on PS5 for a couple of weeks and have had zero issues, I wasn't aware there were any. I'm playing the download version though not the disc one.

I would go digital but I don't have the option to buy the base game, only the Gold version or above, and seeing as I already got the gold version via Ubisoft on disc, I don't want to pay for it again.

I'll give it a go again tomorrow.

• Administrators Posts: 53,843 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Will not be buying another AC game. Absolute Borefest !!!

I have struggled with the AC games since they changed to RPGs. Didn't manage to finish either Origins or Odyssey, got bored too quickly. Origins was completely meh and the sailing around in Odyssey just got boring.

Then all the reviews for this were saying it's too long and dull.

Maybe I'll pick it up when it's dirt cheap but I've learnt my lesson paying launch prices for AC. They'll need to do something amazing to get me next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Started this on PS5 yesterday, experienced no bugs as of yet (touch wood!) but liking it. Havent played AC in a long time so combat is taking a bit of getting used to. I am playing on quality mode graphics wise, find them fine for the most part. Hands dissapearing in peoples back when hugging is something small I noticed but no big deal.

Have a few hours clocked up on this on PS5 so far, starting to get into it. Didn't get as far as England the last time, but there now and the game is starting to open up. No bugs but some graphical issues (a kid was hacking at an upright log and the sword was 2ft above him). Upgrading the gear is different to Odyssey and the combat so far is slower and less forgiving. Skill tree looks HUUUGE!

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    Started this on PS5 yesterday, experienced no bugs as of yet (touch wood!) but liking it. Havent played AC in a long time so combat is taking a bit of getting used to. I am playing on quality mode graphics wise, find them fine for the most part. Hands dissapearing in peoples back when hugging is something small I noticed but no big deal.

You are much much better off on performance mode, I usually play on quality mode too but the minimal gains on quality mode are nowhere near worth sacrificing 60 fps for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Markitron wrote: »
    You are much much better off on performance mode, I usually play on quality mode too but the minimal gains on quality mode are nowhere near worth sacrificing 60 fps for.
    Cheers, ill switch it back later so!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Hopefully they fix that damn arrow quiver bug.

I've been enjoying it so far, more so now that Yuletide feast is over so i'm not loading in drunk every time. Shame in a way as I wasn't able to get all the items on sale as part of it in-game, but some of the mini-games for it weren't enjoyable.

Up to last region of the game though now, and have the saga part to finish. Have all bar 3 order members killed too. Still have to do a lot of the exploration stuff like getting the nicer weapons and armour but I've pretty much played through the whole game using Varins Axe and another axe.

Are the druid enemies in the Ireland dlc going to be jumping all over the place like those enemies with a small knife that are very hard to hit? God I hope not.

Finished third region last night. Lunden was a bit of a weird one, though it was nice to have a proper stealth bit when
    hunting The Leech.

Gone off to find Siguurd
    hiding in a fish house. Can see the start of the wheels coming off this partnership, along with Dag wrecking my head back at base camp.

I thought we would have an opportunity to take over a city and completely rule it yourself even if it backfires in the main story. Thought this was promoted pre launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,903 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

There's a Gothic pack out, think it looks pretty cool sort of a LOTR feel to it. Have started using flials in both hands and swinging like a mad man, you wouldn't really need a shield because you do so much damage. I really liked The Prodigy Easter egg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,903 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Played a lot of this today, saved the game just before the last main quest in Lincolnscire. Finished Lincolnscire and got the the main assault in Suthexe but the game wouldn't let me save the progress so I've to do all that again. Absolute pain

Advertisement