Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassins Creed Valhalla (Vikings)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

titan18 wrote: »
    Would have been nice if they had a system similar to Brotherhood where you could send Assassins out to do missions, but instead of Assassins, send your Vikings out. They could go out and do raids by themselves etc then and you get the reward. Atm, it's just that Jomsviking thing where the rewards are barely worth checking.

Or use it in a phone app like black flag, where you could capture ships in game then send them out on missions on your phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Interesting. I just finished the game last night anyway but still have to complete Asgard missions, Order of Ancients and the last region.

I'm surprised they even let the player finish the main story without forcing them to do the Asgard missions, both they and the animus glitches contain huge plot points regarding the ending.
    fixXxer wrote: »
    Or use it in a phone app like black flag, where you could capture ships in game then send them out on missions on your phone.

Mass Effect 3 did this and it annoyed the **** out of me. Having to play a stupid phone game to get my readiness at max was a massive pain in the arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Markitron wrote: »
    I'm surprised they even let the player finish the main story without forcing them to do the Asgard missions, both they and the animus glitches contain huge plot points regarding the ending.

Mass Effect 3 did this and it annoyed the **** out of me. Having to play a stupid phone game to get my readiness at max was a massive pain in the arse.

Yeah totally agree, watched the endings and they should have been forced as they give alot more context to the ending. Same can be said when you defeat the Order leader.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Skyrimaddict

It would actually be a good idea to have some remote raids etc. Poor Auld Eivor has to do everything, down to kill each and every guard in any raid.

Would make a lot more sense for others to bring back spoils to the settlement when your away.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

titan18 wrote: »
    Would have been nice if they had a system similar to Brotherhood where you could send Assassins out to do missions, but instead of Assassins, send your Vikings out. They could go out and do raids by themselves etc then and you get the reward. Atm, it's just that Jomsviking thing where the rewards are barely worth checking.

The Jomsviking to me seems like an aborted attempt at something like the Pawns in Dragon's Dogma (which were a brilliant feature). I really doubt what we are seeing right now is what they intended at all, more like an initially developed foundation that they had to tie off fairly early due to crunch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭limericklad87

Slowly tipping away with this now and again.

Just finished the Lunden missions tonight and found a very easy way to beat the Compass.

Use the grappling hook ability to drag him into the water....... and then just hit him with arrows in the head

• Registered Users Posts: 6,989 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Anyone interested in buying my PS5 copy of this? Only played about 20 hours, standard edition, will ship for €40 to anywhere in Republic of Ireland, PayPal only. Mods please delete post if I'm breaking rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

Just starting this on the PS5 did about 45 minutes. What settings are people using performance or quality?

jones wrote: »
    Just starting this on the PS5 did about 45 minutes. What settings are people using performance or quality?

Your mileage may vary but almost everyone plays performance mode. The res increase you get doesn't come close to the benefit of 60 FPS. The performance mode still looks incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

You know the way people have been saying this game is too long? It's too long.

65 hours into the game, have
    just rescued Sigurd, who by the way is being such a dick I wish I'd just left him there
    and I'm finding it hard to go off to another territory to repeat the same basic quest jobs over and over again.

Don't get me wrong, it's a good game and I had my fun with it, but it's just the same stuff over and over again now and with no end in sight, I think I might just leave it and maybe come back for the Irish DLC.

Looks really good on the Xbox One X though, so I can only imagine how pretty it is on the new consoles.

• Advertisement

You know the way people have been saying this game is too long? It's too long.

65 hours into the game, have
    just rescued Sigurd, who by the way is being such a dick I wish I'd just left him there
    and I'm finding it hard to go off to another territory to repeat the same basic quest jobs over and over again.

Don't get me wrong, it's a good game and I had my fun with it, but it's just the same stuff over and over again now and with no end in sight, I think I might just leave it and maybe come back for the Irish DLC.

Looks really good on the Xbox One X though, so I can only imagine how pretty it is on the new consoles.

If you are 65 hrs in and only at that point of the game, I would assume you have done all the available territories already? If so, there really isn't that much more to go, maybe 2 or 3 more? If you just focus on the story you will be at the end fairly soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭Probes

If you are 65 hrs in and only at that point of the game, I would assume you have done all the available territories already? If so, there really isn't that much more to go, maybe 2 or 3 more? If you just focus on the story you will be at the end fairly soon.

Probably over a third to nearly half of the way to go if you ask me! I'd say at 65hrs and only just rescuing Sigurd then there must have been a lot of messing around off the beaten path. I'm just about finished the story at 74 hours. I've really enjoyed it aside from all the animus bollocks.

Probes wrote: »
    Probably over a third to nearly half of the way to go if you ask me! I'd say at 65hrs and only just rescuing Sigurd then there must have been a lot of messing around off the beaten path. I'm just about finished the story at 74 hours. I've really enjoyed it aside from all the animus bollocks.

It depends on how early you rescue Sigurd, you can do that mission about 35% into the game or as late as about 70+% if you want. I only had 3 regions left to do after I did that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 R3_Regera

I think I might just leave it and maybe come back for the Irish DLC.

If you haven't already, go collect some of the weapons available - Mjolnir, ,Excalibur and that Isu bow if it's still available before the DLC, the missions are a bit different than the main ones

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I have a question about Helix credits.

I bought Valhalla on the US PSN store but play it on my main Irish account. If I try to buy Helix credits from the in-game store I get an error message.

Does anyone know, if I use the US account to access the in-game store and purchase Helix credits, will the items work on my Irish account?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Rescued
    Sigurd
    and wish I hadn't now. What an ungrateful ****. Getting to the point where I'm ready for the game to be over, but I've 3 more regions to do in England, Vinland to do and all the Asgard/Glitch puzzles.

It's a shame there isnt more of those big massive storm the castle missions, really enjoy those, including the prep work leading up to them.

Anyone who has completed Porchestire,
    is it possible to keep Broder and the other brother alive? I found the three scouts but it seemed to indicate there were more I missed and he got killed after I beat Fulke's champion.

Tried going back to this game and gave up after an hour. I still stand by my previous post stating this game is a complete Borefest. No more AC games for me i'm afraid until there's a complete overhaul of the series.

• Administrators Posts: 53,843 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Tried going back to this game and gave up after an hour. I still stand by my previous post stating this game is a complete Borefest. No more AC games for me i'm afraid until there's a complete overhaul of the series.

I learnt my lesson after Odyssey. Do the same thing over and over again.

I treat games like books now. If they are tedious for the first 5 hours then that's it for me. Plenty of other stuff out there to try.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Yeah, I'm having trouble myself getting into this. Could be the 120+ hours I put into Odyssey, and then the absolute joy of playing Immortals, but I just can't find any motivation to go back to this. I've tried a few times, but get about an hour play and give up. It's just not engaging me, which is a shame as I love the Viking era and everything to do with it. And I really, really want to play the Ireland DLC when it comes out, but I reckon it'll be pointless without having the game complete.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,903 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I finally got around to getting my hands on excalibur, going to try get Mjolnir next

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Looking forward to starting this on chapter 7 of AC odyssey so trying to mainline this so I start Valhalla,

Also started Vikings s2 with herself so it will be an overload of Viking content for a while.

Find Odyessy good but some of the sidequests are a bit meh and its way way too bloated the main quests are intriguing, but being locked out of them by current level is a pain in the arse.

Have done a few tombs so have some decent abilities which allow me to kill higher level enemies and by using my muscle memory from dark souls.

Looking forward to starting this on chapter 7 of AC odyssey so trying to mainline this so I start Valhalla,

Also started Vikings s2 with herself so it will be an overload of Viking content for a while.

Find Odyessy good but some of the sidequests are a bit meh and its way way too bloated the main quests are intriguing, but being locked out of them by current level is a pain in the arse.

Have done a few tombs so have some decent abilities which allow me to kill higher level enemies and by using my muscle memory from dark souls.

It is seriously not recommended to play this and Odyssey back to back, either of those games are likely to cause burnout by themselves, let alone as a pair.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,989 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

I absolutely loved Odyssey but it was my first AC game. Played Origins soon after and just burned through the campaign, Valhalla I put about 25 hours into and just ended up selling it. Definite design fatigue, the input required vs reward just does not match up.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

It is seriously not recommended to play this and Odyssey back to back, either of those games are likely to cause burnout by themselves, let alone as a pair.

Starting to feel burnout from AC odyssey already , didn't bother with getting the DLC.

Yeah I have a few games on Gamepass and Resi 3 + Nioh 2 to play so might circle back in the summer.

The overall backlog is daunting at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Me swing axe, many enemy fall. Then play orlog.
    Orlogs Creed: Thatbollixisregaininghealthagain.

Anyone else using great dane axes or are ye running something else?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,903 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Blacksmith hammer mostly but recently excalibur sword but sometimes double frails and swing like a mad man

Double flail sounds like fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Playing through this atm, just got to England now. I’m enjoying it but finding the combat to be not as good as Origins or Odyssey. Also think this is the worst looking of the 3, playing on the PS5 version as well.

• Advertisement

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Playing through this atm, just got to England now. I’m enjoying it but finding the combat to be not as good as Origins or Odyssey.
    Also think this is the worst looking of the 3, playing on the PS5 version as well.
    Combat gets better when you have a few abilities and a weapon(s) you like.
    I wasn't too into it until it got a bit more in depth with different enemies etc.

As for not liking the looks could it be a taste thing rather than a graphics thing?
    Revelations is my least favourite because I didn't like the citys look or feel.

Advertisement