Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Repair a chip on a radiator with Anthracite powder coated finish

• 29-04-2020 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭

I chipped the corner of the radiator which has an anthracite powder coated finish to it.

What would the best way be to repair it?

The chip is about 5mm in size.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭TheBoyConor

blob of matching colour paint. Maybe a touch up paint stick from the likes of halfords would suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭StephenS147

blob of matching colour paint. Maybe a touch up paint stick from the likes of halfords would suit.

I've had a quick look and seen enamel pens for around 7 euro and 150ml cans for 12 euro in that colour.

If only shops were open to avail of samples.

I only want the tiniest amount.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭amber69

I used ordinary white metal paint. You wouldn't notice unless you looked closely

White on grey would be worse than it is atm. The metal is a closer match than white would be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭amber69

White on grey would be worse than it is atm. The metal is a closer match than white would be.

You might get away with ordinary grey paint. Too much time at home looking at it at the moment.

• Advertisement

Don't have cabin fever just yet.

The rads brand new and me being a clumsy get knocked the rad so I want to fix it because I'm annoyed I done it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Darando

Should find a RAL7016 Touch up pen online for delivery or failing that not sure where you’re based or if they’re open but somewhere like Vinny Byrne do touch up pens in RAL colours. Assuming it’s RAL7016.

Yes, it's that RAL.

Thanks for the Vinny Byrne name.

I've also found a website onestopaerosols but that's UK based.

I've decided to go with a tin of paint and paint the bathroom rad and fix the area on this one.

Those filler pens are more expensive than this tin with delivery.

This is a satin finish and my new freshly damaged rad is matt, so a light sand will match it in for that I would say.

MsECJui.png

Advertisement