Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magnolia Genie Leaves are yellow

Options
  • 29-04-2020 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭

Hi all,

Hopefully someone can point be the the right direction. I planted two young Magnolia Genie last September in a fairly sheltered spot in my garden and the leaves are a yellow colour and don't look overly healthy. They get the sun for nearly the entire day and I've been making sure their soil hasn't dried out. See below:

A5H5fh.jpg
    8nLH7w.jpg

I planted two magnolia in a exposed spot in my garden at the end of February (or maybe March) 2019 and both died, they exhibited roughly the same behavior and leaves eventually went brown and fell off. I put it down to not watering them during a really hot spell right after planting so I've been cautious with the current two. I've tested the soil with one of those tablet kits from Woodies to make sure its not alkaline and it comes back as 6.5 or so should be okay?

I planted the two current Genie with good organic compost to give them a nice head start so not really sure whats causing this? I added a small bit of magnesium sulfate a few weeks back just in case and doesn't seem to have made a difference.

Any ideas would be helpful, I'm trying to sort this before it gets worse and die like the last two.

Thanks in advance!

Advertisement