Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus has cancelled my flight and denied refunding me!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭dlnv27

Aer Lingus cancelled our direct flight from Orlando to Dublin on march 19th but never informed us. Only found out when we went to check in online. Phoned their customer services at a cost of €1 a minute. Finally spoke to someone after over 30 minutes who confirmed our flight was cancelled and then we got cut off. Eventually had to book connecting flights to get back to Dublin ironically with Aer Lingus at a cost of €2441. Contacted Aer Lingus guest relations on march 22nd and still waiting for a reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

Aer Lingus can be phoned on +353 1 761 7835 which should not be costing you 1 EUR a minute.

Follow the great advise here on how to get a refund from Aer Lingus. Do a charge back with your bank and file a complaint with the regulator.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭tina1040

JTMan wrote: »
    Aer Lingus can be phoned on +353 1 761 7835 which should not be costing you 1 EUR a minute.

Follow the great advise here on how to get a refund from Aer Lingus. Do a charge back with your bank and file a complaint with the regulator.

Thanks for that. I presume you have experience that this has worked in recent weeks. I can't see that anyone has actually received a full refund in recent weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭paddy19

dlnv27 wrote: »
    Aer Lingus cancelled our direct flight from Orlando to Dublin on march 19th but never informed us. Only found out when we went to check in online. Phoned their customer services at a cost of €1 a minute. Finally spoke to someone after over 30 minutes who confirmed our flight was cancelled and then we got cut off. Eventually had to book connecting flights to get back to Dublin ironically with Aer Lingus at a cost of €2441. Contacted Aer Lingus guest relations on march 22nd and still waiting for a reply.

You'll get your money eventually.
    But AL are quoting 2/3 months.
    Risk that government will make vouchers mandatory meaning your money will be locked up for 12 to 18 months.

Guide on on how to get your money back fast:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058073699&page=8

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭dlnv27

Call cost was actually €1.10 per minute. Not Aer Lingus's fault. I was phoning from Orlando on an Irish mobile.Thanks for your reply

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

Got my Aer Lingus refund from flight on the 18th on Saturday to my revolut card

Advertisement