Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get a rental property in Cork currently

Options
  • 29-04-2020 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    my partner is starting a job in Cork in 3 months (all greenlit by employer etc. even in these times). We were hoping to buy somewhere, and that search was making progress until the lockdown hit. So there will be nothing secured before she has to start work.

In the meantime we need somewhere to live, and the usual rental sites are completely blank.

Is there anywhere besides daft/sherry fitz etc. I should be looking in order to secure some kind of accommodation for a small family (2 adults, 2 small kids)?

I know well that the logistics of even moving to cork is going to be a challenge with the current lockdown, but y'know one problem at a time ...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

sharingan wrote: »
    Hi,
    my partner is starting a job in Cork in 3 months (all greenlit by employer etc. even in these times). We were hoping to buy somewhere, and that search was making progress until the lockdown hit. So there will be nothing secured before she has to start work.

In the meantime we need somewhere to live, and the usual rental sites are completely blank.

Is there anywhere besides daft/sherry fitz etc. I should be looking in order to secure some kind of accommodation for a small family (2 adults, 2 small kids)?

I know well that the logistics of even moving to cork is going to be a challenge with the current lockdown, but y'know one problem at a time ...
    I rented with FV Sheehan a long time ago and found them ok.
    I wouldnt recommend choices even though they have nice properties.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Where would suit you? I know someone up in Maryborough Ridge who would like to assign the lease on a nice 4 bed which is too big for them, they were in a similar situation to your partner and had to take what was available when they first moved to Cork, if you're interested I can ask is it still available.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭sharingan

TheChizler wrote: »
    Where would suit you? I know someone up in Maryborough Ridge who would like to assign the lease on a nice 4 bed which is too big for them, they were in a similar situation to your partner and had to take what was available when they first moved to Cork, if you're interested I can ask is it still available.

Well there was a spread of areas we were looking at, but < 1hr drive from wilton area would be the limit I guess, all things considered. When we were looking at places to buy, we were looking at rochestown/passage west etc. Do Maryborough Ridge would have been in our cachement area even without the covid crazyness.

So if you could inquire its available that would be cool. Cant guarantee we can afford it, or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Obviously there is no traffic at the moment at rush hour, but don't be fooled by how quiet it is. Keep an eye on where you are living vs the blackspots.

I'll ask in the morning if the details are available somewhere

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭sharingan

TheChizler wrote: »
    I'll ask in the morning if the details are available somewhere

Any luck?

sharingan wrote: »
    Any luck?
    Hey sorry for the delay getting back to you my bad. They had a prospective tenant and I just checked this morning and they finalised things last week, I hope I didn't get your hopes up.

If as you say you're happy to commute there should hopefully be lots of great options in the surrounding county once they start viewings again.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Treehelpplease

Advertisement