Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Third Party USB-C Charge Cable for Charging Mac

Options
  • 29-04-2020 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54,392 ✭✭✭✭

Hi All.

I got a Macbook Pro 2016 version

My first time having a Mac with a USC-C charger. I wouldnt mind a longer cable but on Apple's website they seem to only come in 1m or 2m, my question is if I get a third party 4m cable would it cause damage to the battery or have a knock on affect on charging?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,410 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

I have heard of third party I phone chargers causing problems...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,530 ✭✭✭This is it

Is it just a cable or a whole charger (cable and adapter)? I don't have a Mac but if it's just the cable I don't see how there could be an issue, it's a dodgy/wrong voltage adapter (the transformer part) that would do damage if anything. I'd have thought anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,392 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

just the cable it self.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,530 ✭✭✭This is it

Personally I'd have no problem using a decent third party cable, I wouldn't skimp on the charger itself though.

Advertisement