Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Purchased item and now on sale?

Options
  • 30-04-2020 7:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,
    Normally i would not bother with this but thought i would ask the question here for advise. I bought a new TV on Monday from Harvey Normal On Wednesday they had a flash sale with 10% reduction. - My TV is due for delivery today (Thursday). I think its store policy but any chance i can push for a refund of the price difference (€70apprx) from them due to the timeframe here?

I could send back and get a refund and buy again but the sale was for 24hrs only hence FLASH SALE.

bit annoyed but might need to take it on the chin

Cheers
    D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

BrookieD wrote: »
    Hi Guys,
    Normally i would not bother with this but thought i would ask the question here for advise. I bought a new TV on Monday from Harvey Normal On Wednesday they had a flash sale with 10% reduction. - My TV is due for delivery today (Thursday). I think its store policy but any chance i can push for a refund of the price difference (€70apprx) from them due to the timeframe here?

I could send back and get a refund and buy again but the sale was for 24hrs only hence FLASH SALE.

bit annoyed but might need to take it on the chin

Cheers
    D

I'd contact them as soon as they open, ideally you probably should have a done it yesterday when the sale was on because what can they do when it's over? The below person managed to get it applied so it's worth a try.
    eposhea wrote: »
    Have to hand it to HN on this. Ordered washing machine, dryer and dishwasher Tuesday...got discount over the phone. All being delivered on Friday. Emailed the sales person this morning about an additional 10% off on website and they rang back and confirmed refund of the additional 10% discount 👌No questions asked...and I was hearing up for a fight!

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058074180/2/#post113314608

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

ASOT wrote: »
    I'd contact them as soon as they open, ideally you probably should have a done it yesterday when the sale was on because what can they do when it's over? The below person managed to get it applied so it's worth a try.

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058074180/2/#post113314608

Thanks for the reply, I did in fact email them yesterday as no one in the call center or store as closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Assuming you bought it online, then you have a 14 day cooling off period, where you can return the item unopened.

So use that as your leverage. you should get the discount okay, but worst case scenario is you start the return process with 14 days.

Do not use it, until you have been assured of the discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

As an update and to be fair to HN they contacted me this morning and refunded the sale price difference and also delivered the TV today - cannot say better than that

Advertisement