Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fixing advice post (2x1) slab @ timber

• 30-04-2020 9:14am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭

So. I want to put a large trellis here. Think trellis are 6 foot high or so. Height here is 7 ft high.

Where the pipe is on photo is just to illustrate where I want to fit timber post in order to Attach trellis to keep it stable .
    The small piece of timber is the size of the timber post I will probably use .
    I can fix trellis to timber running along side gutter
    I need to fix it to this new post I propose to put there.

Anyone any ideas about a fixing bracket perhaps that I could use to fit the post ? Or any ideas welcome !
    Rather avoid drilling into slabs , although trellis is light .. not sure if outdoor “ no more nails “ would suffice ..(maybe it would !?) thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Confusedcom

So. I want to put a large trellis here. Think trellis are 6 foot high or so. Height here is 7 ft high.

Where the pipe is on photo is just to illustrate where I want to fit timber post in order to Attach trellis to keep it stable .
    The small piece of timber is the size of the timber post I will probably use .
    I can fix trellis to timber running along side gutter
    I need to fix it to this new post I propose to put there.

Anyone any ideas about a fixing bracket perhaps that I could use to fit the post ? Or any ideas welcome !
    Rather avoid drilling into slabs , although trellis is light .. not sure if outdoor “ no more nails “ would suffice ..(maybe it would !?) thanks

Just an idea but maybe you could make a feature out of the footings for the post? Something like the photo attached, could put post into a small bit of concrete and into a planted pot? But then again something sticky might just do the trick as well. I just like to make work for myself :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,854 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

You could just put the timber onto the slab and use two concrete screws at an angle to go through the concrete tile...

Concrete screws are brilliant, just need a hammer drill...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,115 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Idbatterim wrote: »
    You could just put the timber onto the slab and use two concrete screws at an angle to go through the concrete tile...

Concrete screws are brilliant, just need a hammer drill...

I'd be worried about the risk of splitting the slab.

Advertisement