Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attraction Tickets Direct

Options
  • 30-04-2020 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭

Id appreciate peoples views on this.

Planned a Family holiday to Orlando leaving June 1st

Bought park tickets off of Attraction tickets Direct - cost 1376.

Obviously cant go now.

Talking to them i have been given the following options:

1. Tickets valid for 2021
    2. Refund 80% of cost of the ticket.

Neither appeal to me as i may not be in a position to travel next year.

Is this a case for the small claims court or am i expecting too much?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,013 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Are the parks actually open then?

If they are, those options are the best you're likely to get and there's no basis for small claims.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Would taking a non-irish company to irish small claims court be of any use?
    Like said above - those options are your best bet.

Would taking a non-irish company to irish small claims court be of any use?
    Like said above - those options are your best bet.

UK based firm so I believe you can still use the European Small Claims procedure for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,580 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

L1011 wrote: »
    UK based firm so I believe you can still use the European Small Claims procedure for now.

Looking at how the restrictions are being lifted in the US and that Trump has said he will not be extending the lockdown period, there is a good chance that the attraction parks will be open on June 1st. The refund offer may be a good offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Irishder

Thanks for the responses, I bought off of the .ie website and they have a dublin office so i presume the small claims court would apply?

• Advertisement

Irishder wrote: »
    Thanks for the responses, I bought off of the .ie website and they have a dublin office so i presume the small claims court would apply?

If the park is open, this is seen as a change of mind, what will you be claiming the website has done wrong? Restrictions in Florida will start to be lifted from next Monday.

Park is closed until May 31st at least. bought a 12 month ticket, they dont know when i am meant to be travelling. Hardly classed as a change of mind with :

- Park closure
    - Flight Cancellation
    - Government advice not to travel.

Emailed the CEO after online chat, ill see what he comes back with

Park is closed until May 31st at least. bought a 12 month ticket, they dont know when i am meant to be travelling. Hardly classed as a change of mind with :

- Park closure
    - Flight Cancellation
    - Government advice not to travel.

Emailed the CEO after online chat, ill see what he comes back with

I suspect the SCC might point out that if it is a 12 month ticket, it is still valid for use for a considerable length of time.

The 12 month ticket is going to work against you significantly; particularly if the start date can be / has been rebased to account for the closure.

SCC is not worth the effort for less than about 150 - how much do you lose on the 80% offer?

L1011 wrote: »
    The 12 month ticket is going to work against you significantly; particularly if the start date can be / has been rebased to account for the closure.

SCC is not worth the effort for less than about 150 - how much do you lose on the 80% offer?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Personally I'd take that hit,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

an irish office address does not mean an irish company.
    Registered Office: 2nd Floor Nucieus House, 2 Lower Mortlake Road, Richmond, United Kingdom, TW9 2JA.

They are a big company, but it seems they are not getting refunds from disney.

80% refund is quite good considering that the parks will be reopen soon and the tickets validity extended.

And as the tickets were booked independently of flights/hotel you have zero chance of success with any small claims court or chargeback

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

What exactly would be the argument be at the small claims court if you did go there?

I presume there T&Cs say tickets are non-refundable or something so if they were being complete w*&kers they could give you nothing so I'd take the 80%. As someone else said they probably aren't getting 100% back off Disney or Universal.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭corks finest

Id appreciate peoples views on this.

Planned a Family holiday to Orlando leaving June 1st

Bought park tickets off of Attraction tickets Direct - cost 1376.

Obviously cant go now.

Talking to them i have been given the following options:

1. Tickets valid for 2021
    2. Refund 80% of cost of the ticket.

Neither appeal to me as i may not be in a position to travel next year.

Is this a case for the small claims court or am i expecting too much?

Thanks

2021 tickets sounds ok as the price might jack up next year

Advertisement