Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Place for Garden Supplies

• 30-04-2020 2:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Hey guys I know alot of places are closed at the minute but I'm looking to get a good quality petrol lawnmower and strimmer

Could anyone recommend anywhere , Even Online would be great as I don't really want to be going anywhere for obvious reasons , been looking on amazon but the choice is almost overwhelming on there

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Coop superstore order and collect
    Micksgarage
    Toss Byran Fermoy, I'm sure they will deliver

To name but three

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Hey guys I know alot of places are closed at the minute but I'm looking to get a good quality petrol lawnmower and strimmer

Could anyone recommend anywhere , Even Online would be great as I don't really want to be going anywhere for obvious reasons , been looking on amazon but the choice is almost overwhelming on there

Just bought this petrol lawnmower from Woodies, https://www.woodies.ie/lawn-garden/garden-powertools/lawnmowers/pro-lawn-53cm-self-propelled-electric-start-hyundai-lawnmower-1168768

Gets great reviews. Other places to consider, dependent on budget are Hanleys in Croom. Think they are doing online as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

Dont buy on amazon whatever you do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,079 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Bought an excellent Brushcutter/strimmer from Hanlys in Croom. Sent it out the same day I ordered it and had it a few days later.

I e-mailed them for advice beforehand also and had a reply within a couple of hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

martyc5674 wrote: »
    Dont buy on amazon whatever you do.

Bit of a sweeping statement there marty.
    Is it just Lawnmowers, or the entire amazon site, that you wouldn't recommend ?
    And why ???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

mgbgt1978 wrote: »
    Bit of a sweeping statement there marty.
    Is it just Lawnmowers, or the entire amazon site, that you wouldn't recommend ?
    And why ???

All- and the why- they treat their employees like dirt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Hi lads , not looking to start up a conversation on ethics , work conditions here , Just looking to sort out my backyard so will be looking at all avenues thanks for all the recommendations so far :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭bodonnell

angeldaisy wrote: »
    Just bought this petrol lawnmower from Woodies, https://www.woodies.ie/lawn-garden/garden-powertools/lawnmowers/pro-lawn-53cm-self-propelled-electric-start-hyundai-lawnmower-1168768

Gets great reviews. Other places to consider, dependent on budget are Hanleys in Croom. Think they are doing online as well.

Hi Angel
    How long did it take for the mower to be delivered ?

bodonnell wrote: »
    Hi Angel
    How long did it take for the mower to be delivered ?

only ordered at the weekend. email is now advising 2 week lead time for delivery

Yeah, noticed the 2 week time frame, but for €40 was hoping that was worst case scenario.
    Just ordered one this am.

• Advertisement

only ordered at the weekend. email is now advising 2 week lead time for delivery

Hi Angel
    Just wondering if you have received any updates from Woodies

bodonnell wrote: »
    Hi Angel
    Just wondering if you have received any updates from Woodies

I got an email yesterday saying it had been dispatched, but nothing to say when it would be arriving though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 264 ✭✭lazyman

I ordered some garden furniture on a Saturday night and it was delivered the friday week after it, 13/14 days including the bank holiday monday
    I did not get any email or correspondence from woodies to say it was on the way or had been dispatched just a call from the courier an hour before it was delivered.

Got email this afternoon, order dispatched but no tracking or courier details.
    Originally ordered May 5th

mine just arrived today, so that was 48 hrs from email from woodies

Mine was delivered about an hour & a half ago

mine just arrived today, so that was 48 hrs from email from woodies

I ordered the same lawnmower on the 7th and got a dispatch email on the 11th. No sign of it arriving yet.

The tracking link on their website uses the same tracking number as the order number so I'm not sure whether it's right.

Did yours come with An Post? Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Got a greenworks strimmer from amazon , ye can close this thread now if you want backyard sorted :)

I ordered the same lawnmower on the 7th and got a dispatch email on the 11th. No sign of it arriving yet.

The tracking link on their website uses the same tracking number as the order number so I'm not sure whether it's right.

Did yours come with An Post? Thanks.

no it was a courier that delivered it, small lorry, but not sure who the courier was.

Advertisement