Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

electrical query I can't find an answer for

Options
  • 30-04-2020 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭

I have a very large pot.
    It can cover 2 rings on my induction hob,

Can I safely use it, with 2 separate rings switched on?

Someone told me "resonance" can be induced from one to the other.....??

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

I love a bit of resonance with my spuds :D

I can't think why one pot on 2 rings of an induction hob would cause any issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Won't be any problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

But the burning questioning is... Is it allowed or does it go against the regs? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭slipperyox

Thanks.
    I'll give it a go and let you know.

Its a 50litre pot so I'll be needing both rings as I need to boil

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

alta stare wrote: »
    But the burning questioning is... Is it allowed or does it go against the regs? :D

Depends, are you a REC? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

2011 wrote: »
    Depends, are you a REC? :D

A wreck yes but REC no........ :D

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

Are you boiling wort your wife will thank you for investing in a standalone hob after it boils over a couple of times :D

Are you boiling wort your wife will thank you for investing in a standalone hob after it boils over a couple of times :D

Ya.
    nice to get 5700w under a pot

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

slipperyox wrote: »
    Ya.
    nice to get 5700w under a pot

Interestingly a lot of them modulate now that the total for 4 is 3kw (13A PLUG) or that the total for each 'zone' is 3kw e.g. with AEG you could get 3kwh if you used the 2 on either side but if you used the two at the front you would get 5.7kw

Interestingly a lot of them modulate now that the total for 4 is 3kw (13A PLUG) or that the total for each 'zone' is 3kw e.g. with AEG you could get 3kwh if you used the 2 on either side but if you used the two at the front you would get 5.7kw

Its on a 32A supply, and can run just under 7.4KW

• Advertisement
Advertisement