Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Payment system that can store / recall customer card details

Options
  • 30-04-2020 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭

Hi,

Perhaps I'm asking for something that doesn't exist, but being familiar with Stripe and how they allow end-users to store debit and credit card details against their email address on merchant sites, is there such a system available on the Irish market that would allow a company to recall a regular customer's card details to put through a payment?

A business I'm looking at requires payment for materials before they leave the premises. Most orders are an estimated quantity so it could be anything from 1 to 10 deliveries, each delivery requiring payment before departure. At present we call up the customer before each departure for the next payment but this over and back just frustrates the customers.. most of whom tell us to just write down their details and put the payment through and while I know many do this, we're not going down that road.

If there was a payments system available that allowed us to pull up the customer and push a payment through using hidden card details that we stored on our first interaction with them, that would be ideal. We're with Bank of Ireland BOIPA at present and while they do a virtual terminal, I don't think they store details. We're not to fussed with who we use so long as we can store payment details against a customer.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

I use WaveApps for all my invoicing and it has this functionality as an option. You can send an invoice out a client and then manually record the payment and put in their credit card details and there is an option to save the card details - so that would be your initial sale with them and setting them up as a customer. Next time you then issue an invoice you have the option to charge that existing card then.

https://support.waveapps.com/hc/en-us/articles/208622386-How-to-save-customer-credit-card-information-for-invoice-payments

You add Stripe as a payment method then to process the credit card transaction, usually fees apply and time for the money to go from Stripe to your bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭dollylama

Axwell wrote: »
    I use WaveApps for all my invoicing and it has this functionality as an option. You can send an invoice out a client and then manually record the payment and put in their credit card details and there is an option to save the card details - so that would be your initial sale with them and setting them up as a customer. Next time you then issue an invoice you have the option to charge that existing card then.

https://support.waveapps.com/hc/en-us/articles/208622386-How-to-save-customer-credit-card-information-for-invoice-payments

You add Stripe as a payment method then to process the credit card transaction, usually fees apply and time for the money to go from Stripe to your bank.

Thanks Axwell

I did see WaveApps crop up in a few places but hadn't taken the time to look into them. Is it possible to push a payment through it using saved card details (or card-on-file they call it!) without raising or sending an invoice to the customer? We would be invoicing / receipting the customer at the end of a job or end of month but we'd need to take payments at any time during this.

Stripe allows this once a customer is setup, you can click a saved card and run a payment but from what I understand, they discourage this practice and apparently can block an account if it's being used solely as a virtual terminal in this manner. Don't quote me but that's my understanding. Seems to that the EU's SCA rules make using saved card details more difficult

MRWDVF0.png

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

I don't believe you can charge a payment without first issuing an invoice, not 100% but I don't see any way to do so from a quick look. You can process the payment yourself though so all they would get is an email about the invoice being raised and then you process it from within wave and then can send a receipt if you wish - so apart from them getting a few extra emails it would be no different than what you want to do and its possibly better that way for keeping records of transactions?

Advertisement