Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you return to your local if restriction is lifted

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭saabsaab

'I am a simple man. I hate restaurants, they bore me to death. Food is for eating. I eat my dinner in about 5 minutes and then I go drinking for about 5 hours. I don't drink on my own. I like company when I drink. I need people to bounce off ( sometimes literally). Take out services are a gimmick.'

I hear ya. Nothing worse than no one to listen to my bull**** after a few, even if they don't agree.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

I don't attend pubs nor do I wish to. I don't have a local either, the nearest pub is 2.5 miles away but that is two townlands away so the people there aren't even my neighbours.

I can just imagine my local pubs, full of pott bellied balding Irish "ganches" as we say in Ulster, loud mouths. The topic of conversation would range from "fudbal" to Nathan Carter.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭saabsaab

'I can just imagine my local pubs, full of pott bellied balding Irish "ganches" as we say in Ulster, loud mouths. The topic of conversation would range from "fudbal" to Nathan Carter'

I can't know how it is in your local but I like the open conversation. Very democratic and you don't have to be a genius to have a chat about anything from the doctor to the lad who fixes the roads. I do miss it.

Tis a brave man that'd drink the first pint out of a tap that hasn't filled a glass in months! Could be more lethal than the bloody virus. Customers capsized all over the country on account of dodgy pints.

Yeah they’ll definitely just leave them exactly as they are. Maybe put some poison in too, in case the beer isn’t gone off enough in them.

Advertisement