Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Had enough of this lockdown am I the only person feeling like this?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,023 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

eagle eye wrote: »
    I've already posted what I believe is. required in this thread.
    Make it law that everybody wears a facemask in urban areas, shops etc. The reason for facemasks is to limit community spread of the virus. Czech Republic did it and their numbers fell rapidly, they also closed their borders. Maintain social distancing.
    State quaratine for anybody coming into the country, no exceptions. I believe the person should pay for the quarantine as it'll be another deterrent to keep people away.
    Quarantine continues even after we open up again until this virus is under control worldwide.

They are valid, but you said real restrictions, i do not see these as further and proper restrictions rather good practice.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,023 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

ELM327 wrote: »
    Oh that's funny I didnt realise we had a doctor in our midst. Where did you qualify?

In the absence of any credentials, I will stick with the medical community advice thanks

Yes, inconsiderate arseholes.
    99.7% of flights are grounded compared in YoY.

You do not need to be a doctor to read data, from the data below 99.64% of people that died were over 45 or had underlying conditions. 96% were over 45.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/coronavirus-age-sex-demographics/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

The lockdown is a waste of time now, the damage done by staying in now outweighs the benefits. I don't care about getting the virus anymore and its not possible for me to carry it without knowing either.

First half of username checks out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Ignoring the opening sneer, do you need to be a doctor to educate yourself?
    Even the HSE lists the most at risk groups.

It is a waste of time replying to some posts.:)

Like you said the most at risk groups need to be isolated not the nations workforce.

Paddygreen wrote: »
    We need an online petition to demand the compulsory wearing of facemasks now. I don't want people breathing on me or near me with their naked faces.

I have had it with this attitude the world does not bend for you.

If you are in an at risk group stay home if not don't think you can be screaming at others what to do.

I am not wearing a mask or taking any vaccine you don't like it tough.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,595 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

I am not wearing a mask or taking any vaccine

Why would you not wear a mask?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/0507/1136928-covid-19-cancer/

the restrictions extends some lives but also shortens others.

this is not black and white.

Why would you not wear a mask?

I don't have to give a reason most people are not wearing them.

We have GOD giving freedoms that are not up for debate.

A lot of people NEED to wake up and smell the coffee.

Screaming calling people names ect is not on.

I stated this thread is was about the lockdown not masks.

But the way I am not angry or shouting please do not misread my post.:)

I am just politely pointing out the laws and our freedoms.

dohouch wrote: »
    The plan is go to Germany (my 2nd OR 1st Home? ) around 05 June (full Moon night! )
    How (Options )?
    • Cycle, did go to France by bike, but now a bit too old for that sh1t.
    • Drive, no car since years, so have to buy or borrow
    • Bus, train, ferry, not too appealing , but possible
    • Fly, most likely, but it's convenience does not honour the historic moment of escape ( if you want to take me along on your micro-light, could be tempted )

So, each day leads to new thoughts about the escape tunnel I'll be using, and God knows I may not go at all.

If you really want the feeling of escape, build a tunnel.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,262 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

So GOD given freedoms, and anti vax.......

Riiiiight...... all getting a bit clearer now.

This is one thread I'm happy to check out of. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,033 ✭✭✭Ficheall

I am not wearing a mask or taking any vaccine you don't like it tough.
    Presumably you won't be getting a 5G phone either?

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    So GOD given freedoms, and anti vax.......

Riiiiight...... all getting a bit clearer now.

This is one thread I'm happy to check out of. :rolleyes:

But you felt the need to have a little winge on the way out.:D

I don't have to give a reason most people are not wearing them.

We have GOD giving freedoms that are not up for debate.

A lot of people NEED to wake up and smell the coffee.

Screaming calling people names ect is not on.

I stated this thread is was about the lockdown not masks.

But the way I am not angry or shouting please do not misread my post.:)

I am just politely pointing out the laws and our freedoms.

I still don't understand why you wouldn't wear a mask, just because you don't legally have to, given the principle behind wearing one.

If it was for helping to minimise the risk of the virus being transmitted to you, then fine. But it's to help minimise the risk of you potentially passing it to others.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 u_wot_m8

But you felt the need to have a little winge on the way out.:D
    They'll never learn, all you need is a little fear and they love to surrender their rights, just like what happened after 9/11.

And that is NOT a conspiracy theory that peoples rights were trampled upon after it.

Ficheall wrote: »
    Presumably you won't be getting a 5G phone either?

I have to laugh at people with masks and gloves they pull the mask aside to answer their unwashed phone.

I did not create the nasty vibe in this thread we can use common sense without going overboard.

Going shopping I sanitise my hands wipe down the trolley and be polite and give people their space.

I sanitise my hands again on the way out.

If I need to cough I keep away from people and cover my mouth with my elbow.
    Latex gloves are a better medium for virus than bare hands.

u_wot_m8 wrote: »
    They'll never learn, all you need is a little fear and they love to surrender their rights, just like what happened after 9/11.

And that is NOT a conspiracy theory that peoples rights were trampled upon after it.

Total conspiracy rubbish there mate sure there was never a no fly list for people who dared to say anything bad about Bush and the Neocons.:D;)

Oh wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Humilde

Stay at home my job is deemed essential I am working with more than 100 people all day for up to 10 hours since this thing has started.

I have obeyed everything since the start.

We find out that untouchable elements in our society are totally free to do as they like.

Yet me taking one non related to work drive on my own to get a bit of sun is a really bad thing?

We are not living in North Korea we are free to question those in power.

I again ask what harm will I be doing?

More and more we are not free to question the mob liberal mentality in Ireland. If anyone questions anything, they are labelled right wing or extremist. It's a real pity as most Irish people used to have some balls but not anymore unfortunately. The government are a general reflection of the people, i.e weak.
    This all feeds in to the seemingly endless desire to praise ourselves from the high heavens. "Aren't we a great place altogether". Constantly comparing ourselves to other countries when it suits our narrative. The reality is that the majority of other Western European countries are streets ahead of us in terms of infrastructure etc. Just ask anyone working from home how their broadband is doing these days.

I still don't understand why you wouldn't wear a mask, just because you don't legally have to, given the principle behind wearing one.

If it was for helping to minimise the risk of the virus being transmitted to you, then fine. But it's to help minimise the risk of you potentially passing it to others.

If people like you want to engage with people like me it might be a good idea to show some good faith and call out nonsense like this.
    Paddygreen wrote: »
    We need an online petition to demand the compulsory wearing of facemasks now. I don't want people breathing on me or near me with their naked faces.

As long as stuff like this flies and is not challenged I will not be explaining myself to anybody not that there is any reason I should.:)

If people like you want to engage with people like me it might be a good idea to show some good faith and call out nonsense like this.

As long as stuff like this flies and is not challenged I will not be explaining myself to anybody not that there is any reason I should.:)

Whataboutery.

You don't have to explain to me. Its pretty clear anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

I won't be wearing a mask either. Find it uncomfortable. I don't believe that i'm at risk without one. I also wear glasses and it causes them to steam up.

• Advertisement

Whataboutery.

You don't have to explain to me anyway. Its pretty clear anyway.

Go back to my first post in this thread and look at all the people this lockdown does not apply to.

Have you anything to say about that?

I am just being honest and you do not get the right to smear me in anyway since I have broken no laws nor harmed anybody.

And you are right I don't have to explain anything to you or anybody else.

Don't mistake me pointing out clear and proper boundaries for hostility.:)

There are undercurrents of a witch burning mob in the attitude of many of the posts on here since this whole situation started.

I don't believe that i'm at risk without one.

They're not to stop it being transmitted to you. They're to stop it being transmitted by you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

They're not to stop it being transmitted to you. They're to stop it being transmitted by you.

Cool. Still not wearing one.

I will continue to socially distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

I won't be wearing a mask either. Find it uncomfortable. I don't believe that i'm at risk without one. I also wear glasses and it causes them to steam up.

If it transpires that everybody wearing masks reduces the spread (it does) And it’s one the strategies being employed you will be wearing a mask. I wish people would educate themselves on these things instead of just belligerently making statements on what suits them. My glasses steam up when I’m wearing a mask but I still wear it. You wear a basic face mask to protect others from you. We don’t know how many people are asymptomatic so you could have the virus and not even know it. If you wear a mask, it reduces how far your breath, cough, sneeze might travel and infect others.

Go back to my first post in this thread and look at all the people this lockdown does not apply to.

I am just being honest and you do not get the right to smear me in anyway since I have broken no laws nor harmed anybody.

There are undercurrents of a witch burning mob in the attitude of many of the posts on here since this whole situation started.

I haven't smeared you.

I just don't see why you wouldn't wear one to try minimise the spread to others should you be potentially be asymptomatic.

I haven't read the thread in its entirety and I'm sure there is vitriol and hostility aplenty. There has tended to be on some of these threads.

But I dont agree with your position that you wouldn't wear a mask to minimise the risk of you transmitting to others and haven't been nasty in doing saying that.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭thegetawaycar

We are back to the whole someone else did something that inconveniences me against the rules therefore I should be allowed to do it.

He's driving 100km in a 30km zone so I should be allowed stuff.

If a law comes in making masks compulsory then it becomes a talking point but I agree with you that for now it's completely up to yourself.

Consideration for others isn't mandatory/compulsory.

The thread (based on the question) does seem to have run it's course, everyone is fed up of the lockdown and there is a roadmap to exiting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭thegetawaycar

I haven't smeared you.

I just don't see why you wouldn't wear one to try minimise the spread to others should you be potentially be asymptomatic.

I haven't read the thread in its entirety and I'm sure there is vitriol and hostility aplenty. There has tended to be on some of these threads.

But I dont agree with your position that you wouldn't wear a mask to minimise the risk of you transmitting to others and haven't been nasty in doing saying that.

Answer: Because some people don't give a **** about those more vulnerable to the virus than themselves
    Others are just trolling

I haven't smeared you.

But I dont agree with your position, that is all.

Thats fine is would be a very dull world if we did all agree.

You posted what I would call a decent post so it deserves a decent reply here goes.

You have your mind fixated on this asymptomatic stuff I feel the threat is overblown and exaggerated.

I find everybody in masks creates a tense and uneasy atmosphere.

Fully explaining my point of view takes time and energy and I have a feeling many just will not read what they do not agree with anyway.

I am not saying there is no danger I am just saying it is overstated.

Not touching my face with my hands giving people their space and keeping my hands clean I feel is enough.

Where does it stop?
    Any of us might be killed in a crash on the way to the shops or me might be attacked by a vicious dog getting in or out of our cars.
    Half the stuff I buy in the supermarket is taking years off my life.:D

I think we should all take reasonable and sensible steps to avoid risk in life but within limits.

My trolley had a load of cake crisps and chocolate should I be tackled by some healthy eating nuts as I leave to go and put MY shopping in the car?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,161 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

RugbyLad11 wrote: »

Our government need to get off their asses and make it mandatory for everyone to wear a masks when in public.. especially in an enclosed environment.

So your logic is that the same people who ignore the current regulations will suddenly follow any mask wearing regulations?
    Gotcha.

• Advertisement

We are back to the whole someone else did something that inconveniences me against the rules therefore I should be allowed to do it.

He's driving 100km in a 30km zone so I should be allowed stuff.

If a law comes in making masks compulsory then it becomes a talking point but I agree with you that for now it's completely up to yourself.

Consideration for others isn't mandatory/compulsory.

The thread (based on the question) does seem to have run it's course, everyone is fed up of the lockdown and there is a roadmap to exiting it.

A pretty fair post for the most part but for the bit in bold.

Lets deal with the person doing 100km in the 30km zone before you start worrying about the person doing 35km.

Advertisement