Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Had enough of this lockdown am I the only person feeling like this?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,161 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Red herring.

It won't happen. It never does.

So the logic is that its ok to act like a dick and ignore government regulations because most other people won't so it doesn't matter?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Why not just say it straight the lockdown has not been applied to the Travellers this is a 100% documented fact.

They have been allowed to do what they want when they want where they want.

The only punishment is for anybody that dares to mention it.

Have to make an allowance for snowflakes and the PC brigade :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

They get minimum wage with 80 a week taken for accom, so they're not actually working for less money. There was a thread on reddit by a bulgarian guyan anonymous person who (allegedly) worked for keelings for years, it actually sounds like a not too bad setup for them, nice digs in Santry and good money by their standards.

It has since come out in the Dail that they were advised by Keelings that it was safe to self-isolate in groups of 49, which was revised down to 29 when people started asking questions!!!!

I saw their bus yesterday from the top deck of my bus. No social distancing.

Yet people will defend this, while hoping an Irish person driving to an area to go for a walk be "killed instantly" in a crash.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,155 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

It has since come out in the Dail that they were advised by Keelings that it was safe to self-isolate in groups of 49, which was revised down to 29 when people started asking questions!!!!

Yet people will defend this, while hoping an Irish person driving to an area to go for a walk be "killed instantly" in a crash.

They're not doing any harm, they're staying within their own group and they're providing essential services.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Lefty Bicek

GreeBo wrote: »
    So the logic is that its ok to act like a dick and ignore government regulations because most other people won't so it doesn't matter?

Fact number one - ignoring government regulations doesn't by itself make someone a dick.

Fact number two - doing the opposite of what the majority of people do certainly doesn't make some one a dick.

Many great things in the history of the world have come about because some people rose above that mental slavery.

People should do what they think is right for them, balancing all things against each other including the consequences of being caught, or squealed on.

If it fulfils a genuine need, and they do it, and it enhances their well-being, and no-one is harmed by it, then no, it doesn't matter.

More power to them.

How are you getting on in your lecture tour of the halting sites of Ireland ? Responding well to being called 'dicks' by you, are they ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

How are you getting on in your lecture tour of the halting sites of Ireland ? Responding well to being called 'dicks' by you, are they ?
    Yer not the boss of me, boss

They're not doing any harm, they're staying within their own group and they're providing essential services.

So they don't shop? Don't go out for walks on their days off?

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭padjocollins

i think sweden got it far more right than the rest did

• Registered Users Posts: 38,288 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

They've harmed themselves because most of my friends are never buying Keelings again. And you can include me in that.

i think sweden got it far more right than the rest did
    If you like more people dying. Personally I cared about people's lives.

• Advertisement

eagle eye wrote: »
    If you like more people dying. Personally I cared about people's lives.
    always be wary of people who tell you that a complex issue boils down to a binary choice of A or B.

There has been a sharp drop in cancer referrals in Ireland during this lockdown because people who are showing signs of cancer are too frightened to go out and seek medical advice.

Every action has an equal and opposite reaction.

Lockdown restrictions will extend the lives of some while shortening the lives of others.

Fact number one - ignoring government regulations doesn't by itself make someone a dick.

Fact number two - doing the opposite of what the majority of people do certainly doesn't make some one a dick.

Many great things in the history of the world have come about because some people rose above that mental slavery.

People should do what they think is right for them, balancing all things against each other including the consequences of being caught, or squealed on.

If it fulfils a genuine need, and they do it, and it enhances their well-being, and no-one is harmed by it, then no, it doesn't matter.

More power to them.

Ohhh, this is a fight da powa thing?

Rosa Parks would be so proud of you brave people, standing up to de man who is trying to keep you down alive.

Lockdown restrictions will extend the lives of some while shortening the lives of others.

If somebody with cancer contracts covid-19 they are likely dead and in a very short timeframe.
    If their cancer goes untreated for a couple of weeks it's not a good thing but it won't kill them, if it does, as fast as covid-19.
    So enough of your rubbish.

If somebody with cancer contracts covid-19 they are likely dead and in a very short timeframe.
    If their cancer goes untreated for a couple of weeks it's not a good thing but it won't kill them, if it does, as fast as covid-19.

it's not rubbish actually. people will die because of the restrictions. now MORE would die without them but my point stands.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,952 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

They've harmed themselves because most of my friends are never buying Keelings again. And you can include me in that.
    Don't buy any store branded fruit either

it's not rubbish actually. people will die because of the restrictions. now MORE would die without them but my point stands.

Which people are going to die from the restrictions?
    What essential, life saving medical treatments are being cancelled or delayed due to Covid-19?
    Everything I'm reading is about the HSE telling people to go to hospital if you need to, dont just stay at home due to restrictions.

What essential, life saving medical treatments are being cancelled or delayed due to Covid-19?
    Everything I'm reading is about the HSE telling people to go to hospital if you need to, dont just stay at home due to restrictions.
    youre not taking human nature into account. the campaign to get people to stay home has been very successful. some people are scared sh1tless. the hse are saying they have very few cancer referrals and they themselves say its due to restrictions

https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/0507/1136928-covid-19-cancer/

i'm not saying that there shouldnt be restrictions, i'm saying its not black and white.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭polesheep

Absolute nonsense. Many people with even severe cancer are recovering from Covid-19.

None are being cancelled, some are being delayed. Most investigative procedures have been cancelled, this can lead to late diagnosis and subsequent unnecessary death.

polesheep wrote:
    Absolute nonsense. Many people with even severe cancer are recovering from Covid-19.
    Have you stats for this?

• Advertisement

youre not taking human nature into account. the campaign to get people to stay home has been very successful. some people are scared sh1tless. the hse are saying they have very few cancer referrals and they themselves say its due to restrictions

https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/0507/1136928-covid-19-cancer/

i'm not saying that there shouldnt be restrictions, i'm saying its not black and white.

Human nature is human nature, you cant blame covid restrictions for that.

polesheep wrote: »
    None are being cancelled, some are being delayed. Most investigative procedures have been cancelled, this can lead to late diagnosis and subsequent unnecessary death.

Sure, it can.
    How many deaths do you think it will lead to?
    Do you think its more or less than the restrictions will save?

Sure, it can.

The lockdown and economic black hole will kill an awful lot more young people than Covid-19 will.

Have you stats for this?
    I said 'many' not 'most'. Check their meanings. I know of two people personally and my wife has nurse many.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

The lockdown and economic black hole will kill an awful lot more young people than Covid-19 will.

When that happens, there will be a lot of handwashing, metaphorically this time.

"We did what we thought was best at the time" sort of talk.

This right now is the greatest err on the side of caution in all of human history. It is going to cost us big time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

That is because those people are total filth and there seems to be a number of them who posted in this very thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Lefty Bicek

Ohhh, this is a fight da powa thing?

Rosa Parks would be so proud of you brave people, standing up to de man who is trying to keep you down alive.

Your time would be better spent performing the basic courtesy of reading the thread, rather than on your impotent sarcasm.

I've already stated in this thread, for myself, that I have not and will not break the restrictions.

I've already told you that people should do what they think is right for them, taking everything into account, especially consequences.

The masses often resent individuals who think for themselves. It's a kind of inadequacy really.

People who put government dictates before their own physical and mental well-being, rather than taking responsibility for their responsibly calculated actions, are probably not the type of people who would have been much use to Rosa Parks.

polesheep wrote:
    I said 'many' not 'most'. Check their meanings. I know of two people personally and my wife has nurse many.
    So basically no information but I've read articles saying it's much worse for cancer patients who contract covid-19. Here is an excerpt from one such article. I can't put in the link due to this app not allowing me to. As you will see the site is mentioned if you wish to read more.
    In study results released online in Cancer Discovery, and reported at the virtual meeting of the American Association of Cancer Research, a team of researchers from China, Singapore, and the United States showed that patients with cancer who develop COVID-19 were more likely to develop in-hospital infections or chest distress, or spend time in the intensive care unit (ICU). Patients being treated with immunotherapy appear to be at particularly high risk.

Based on what exactly?
    40,000 people took their own lives in the US during the worst two years of the great depression.

76,000 and counting have died of COVID 19 in ~3 months.

• Advertisement

Sure, it can.

I think it's impossible to say at this juncture. What do you think?

Advertisement