Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Had enough of this lockdown am I the only person feeling like this?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Here's the thing,a lot of people who normally would spend their time sat around watching telly are now out walking.
    Others suddenly feel the need to turn into Dora the explorer when they're normal routine was previously buying a few cans and watching chat shows and Netflix.
    People can get out and about,yes there's restrictions but it's not as if people are having their doors and windows nailed shut.

This is a nonsense reply and you know it.

How do you know what people normally did?

Watching Netflix with a few cans.:rolleyes:

At the weekends on Saturdays Cinemas swimming pools shopping centres restaurants garden centres are normally very busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,315 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

GazzaL wrote: »
    Come off the stage. Not everyone is happy to sit on their hands while their countrymen's lives are being destroyed and our economy which is vital to fund our health service is burned to the ground. Sitting at home watching Netflix is absolutely **** all good for the country.

For the moment, those with greater expertise and insight and responsibility for making this decision would respectfully disagree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭Gynoid

Calm yourself down please I am not being rude to anybody.

I have posted in a respectful way thank you.

You haven't really, though. Aside from calling people who work here gathering crops "scabs", you have posted in a sulky manner with the intention to incite others to follow your example.

I agree with smelly sock. Do it. No need to advertise it, or to be incendiary about it, or to look for any attention. Under normal circumstances it would be a completely uninteresting and irrelevant act to others where you take your air, but you publicise your intention here specifically with the aim of undermining the delicate social cohesion required to maintain a pandemic response.

You are getting out more than most as it is, but if you need so desperately to get air somewhere else then don't turn it into a political act. Just do it privately.

In fact I wish you and all the others on boards who are constantly raging about the "lockdown" would just go out and do what it is ye want to do. I don't mean you personally are constantly raging because you are not, that I have seen, though this thread is a kick at the societal effort. I mean those who day in day out have been whinging, pleading some existential case for the economy, even weaponising suicide and at all times attempting to erode the huge public health attempt to contain a novel contagion.

To those people I say get a job in a place that is still open if ye want to be out in a public workplace. Drink cans on the public green and have parties and picnics. Cavort closely with each other. Visit each others houses with complete abandon. Bring the irksome virus that is not all it is cracked up to be back to your homes and families. Just do it. If that is what it takes to shut up yer ceaseless whining then off ye all go. On one condition ye keep yer fcuking mouths shut later on when the seeds ye have sown come to fruition.

You're talking to someone who by their own words are working long shifts in a hazardous environment, he's going to work paying taxes that will help support the health service. What are you doing?

And it looks like they are just wagging their finger at others just what we need right now.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,659 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Got a link to your in-depth study of peoples normal vs pandemic activities?? Must be a fascinating read.

Nine o'clock RTE news tonight - a huge increase in the number of people taking daily exercise.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Strumms wrote: »
    I’m sitting here, socially distancing as instructed. Respecting the health, wellbeing and so on of those around me and further afield by adhering to the law. That’s all you need to know.

So basically doing nothing, unlike the OP. Thanks for the clarity.

For the moment, those with greater expertise and insight and responsibility for making this decision would respectfully disagree.

The same experts that sat on their hands and watched the virus go rampant in the nursing home and long care facilities sector, those experts?

At the weekends on Saturdays Cinemas swimming pools shopping centres restaurants garden centres are normally very busy.

I was a regular walker in my park,for example at 11.30 on a Saturday, apart from people watching or playing sport ie. Tennis / GAA / soccer it’s quiet. Now you have walkers / runners / joggers galore... people brought a volleyball net over which is a great idea and families are playing games of many varieties, rounders, football, you name it.

The same experts that sat on their hands and watched the virus go rampant in the nursing home and long care facilities sector, those experts?

This is what just makes the whole thing just questionable..to shut down the entire country before taking proper action in the likes of nursing homes and stuff.It just seems like they did it arseways..

I'm tired of people saying it's no big deal. A lot of people are suffering. It's not easy to be cut off from friends and family and only allowed walk around the block.

Of course it's not easy. It damned hard. Not seeing family, not getting to hug your grandchildren, limited to a tiny 4km walk when you used to do daily 8 to 10 km walks, no hobbies, no library, no meeting friends for lunch and a chat, people out of work. We're all suffering but we have to look at the bigger picture and this will pass if we hold to the necessary actions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭GazzaL

They have greater expertise on cervical checks and lots of other things too, but they weren't above questioning on those either, were they?

Gynoid wrote: »
    You haven't really, though. Aside from calling people who work here gathering crops "scabs", you have posted in a sulky manner with the intention to incite others to follow your example.

I agree with smelly sock. Do it. No need to advertise it, or to be incendiary about it, or to look for any attention. Under normal circumstances it would be a completely uninteresting and irrelevant act to others where you take your air, but you publicise your intention here specifically with the aim of undermining the delicate social cohesion required to maintain a pandemic response.

You are getting out more than most as it is, but if you need so desperately to get air somewhere else then don't turn it into a political act. Just do it privately.

In fact I wish you and all the others on boards who are constantly raging about the "lockdown" would just go out and do what it is ye want to do. I don't mean you personally are constantly raging because you are not, that I have seen, though this thread is a kick at the societal effort. I mean those who day in day out have been whinging, pleading some existential case for the economy, even weaponising suicide and at all times attempting to erode the huge public health attempt to contain a novel contagion.

To those people I say get a job in a place that is still open if ye want to be out in a public workplace. Drink cans on the public green and have parties and picnics. Cavort closely with each other. Visit each others houses with complete abandon. Bring the irksome virus that is not all it is cracked up to be back to your homes and families. Just do it. If that is what it takes to shut up yer ceaseless whining then off ye all go. On one condition ye keep yer fcuking mouths shut later on when the seeds ye have sown come to fruition.

The bit in bold come on.:rolleyes:

I assume I am taking to adults here I am not inciting anything I am sharing how I am feeling and others are FREE to do the same.

I have obeyed everything so far but on top of that you want people to shut up too?

Probably pandering again to the needy fûcks who are quite simply incapable of not adhering to social distancing and crying into their fûcking carrot smoothy because they ‘can’t see people’.

This is what just makes the whole thing just questionable..to shut down the entire country before taking proper action in the likes of nursing homes and stuff.It just seems like they did it arseways..

They even went as far to tell the nursing homes not to impose visitor restrictions in March. Also moving sick elderly people form hospitals into care homes. I hope when this is behind us an enquiry is held into the behaviour that allowed so many of our most vulnerable die in nursing homes.

I was a regular walker in my park,for example at 11.30 on a Saturday, apart from people watching or playing sport ie. Tennis / GAA / soccer it’s quiet. Now you have walkers / runners / joggers galore... people brought a volleyball net over which is a great idea and families are playing games of many varieties, rounders, football, you name it.

Yes because all the places they normally went to are closed.

So you are having a walk which is fine but others are not free to?

They have greater expertise on cervical checks and lots of other things too, but they weren't above questioning on those either, were they?

Sure if that’s the case let’s ninja all restrictions and go have a hug party in the Phoenix Park, straws to be shared though.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Yes it's a generalisation but it's a real Irish trait that if we are told not to do something we'll try to find a way to do it anyway.
    I personally know people who are complaining about not being able to travel around yet normally you wouldn't get them to leave their house and it's surrounds unless you set fire to the place.
    The problem with beauty spots was that everyone had the same idea and they became crammed with people. Everyone saw the videos and pictures of people in massive crowds around chippers and coffee vans by beaches etc. A big no no in these times.
    You want to go visit one but as I said, thousands more want to also, therein lies the problem.
    Yes,you meet people in your job but there's risk aversion measures in place,they aren't present out and about.

Yes because all the places they normally went to are closed.

So you are having a walk which is fine but others are not free to?

I’m doing what I’m doing while respecting the law, adhering to social distancing and respecting those around me. If some people are not free to do something, me included it’s for the greater good and wellbeing... but I’m sure the mee mee mee bots will have a disagreement about that. :)

Don't like it.

Sticking with it however as I wouldn't like to think that I could pass it onto someone who might not survive it, if I had it and was asymptomatic.

Sure if that’s the case let’s ninja all restrictions and go have a hug party in the Phoenix Park, straws to be shared though.

What are you on about? I just said that they're not above questioning. Nobody's on about orgies in the Phoenix Park, in fact, everyone who's advocating for easing of restrictions is fully prepared to continue to use social distancing and good hygience practices.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,690 ✭✭✭SteM

And it looks like they are just wagging their finger at others just what we need right now.:)

Nobody would have wagged their finger if you'd just gone because no would have known about it. You've seen other threads on boards, this is a devisive issue so I'm sure you got the response you wanted.

everyone who's advocating for easing of restrictions is fully prepared to continue to use social distancing and good hygience practices.

‘Everyone’ ???? Have you asked, ‘everyone’ ? The behaviors that have been seen, almost countrywide wouldn’t suggest that to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭mulbot

DubInMeath wrote: »
    Don't like it.

Sticking with it however as I wouldn't like to think that I could pass it onto someone who might not survive it, if I had it and was asymptomatic.

I'm not being smart or argumentative here, but did you carry that same sentiment before this regarding flu?

What are you on about? I just said that they're not above questioning. Nobody's on about orgies in the Phoenix Park, in fact, everyone who's advocating for easing of restrictions is fully prepared to continue to use social distancing and good hygience practices.

I'm just waiting for the usual lazy response ' ye just want the pubs open'.

They even went as far to tell the nursing homes not to impose visitor restrictions in March. Also moving sick elderly people form hospitals into care homes. I hope when this is behind us an enquiry is held into the behaviour that allowed so many of our most vulnerable die in nursing homes.

In the bible they talk about leper colonies so even in those days they had the sense to isolate the sick not lockdown the healthy.

Flights in from infected Italy and China moving the sick right in on top of the most vulnerable massive payouts to private hospitals to sit empty.

Leo and his party did not even come in 2nd in the election they came in a distant 3rd.

The party that got the most votes is excluded from power I would never vote for them but they got the votes they should be in government.

I find it genuinely scary how many people will just accept what they are being told by those in power without question.

‘Everyone’ ???? Have you asked, ‘everyone’ ? The behaviors that have been seen, almost countrywide wouldn’t suggest that to be fair.

Yes, believe it or not, people have been using social distancing and good hygience practices since before the lockdown, and it is now routine.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Of course everyone has had enough. It's only been a few weeks for goodness sake, you'd think people were told this is how life will forever more by the way some go on, just think about the light at the end of the tunnel and have a bit of patience

Although I think extending beyond 5th is unnecessary having said that, countries with much more infections and deaths have started easing measures before us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭Gynoid

I assume I am taking to adults here I am not inciting anything I am sharing how I am feeling and others are FREE to do the same.

I have obeyed everything so far but on top of that you want people to shut up too?

You said scab slave labour so that's number one.
    And number two, the post is basically a "who's with me?" callout.
    You could have driven to your nice place, had a lovely walk, and said nothing. Look, I think you are a grand person and you are pissed off. I get it. It's understandable. But it is about not undermining the social cohesion. Like those absolute **** having street parties like they are the cast of Idiocracy. That fecks it up for everyone.
    It is horrid for everyone that this is the way things are. I miss my people. I feel quite weirded out by the situation. I think it is tragic that this virus emerged. But it is just the way it is, for now.

SteM wrote: »
    this is a devisive issue so I'm sure you got the response you wanted.

Well said.

Leave him to it.

OP if you want to break the restrictions then just do it and shut up about it.

/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭This is it

I would've assumed the same, but after reading your OP I'm not so sure anymore. You sound like a teenager on a rant. "The world revolves around me".

North Korea, I got a good chuckle out of that.

Advertisement