Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Had enough of this lockdown am I the only person feeling like this?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Lockdown fatigue is becoming a real problem, we seem to have been amongst the first to start house arrest, yet no clear picture of the end.

More and more arrests will appear, with people at the end of their tether, completely understandable if people start to cross the line to come out if house arrest of their own accord.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Strumms wrote: »
    I was a regular walker in my park,for example at 11.30 on a Saturday, apart from people watching or playing sport ie. Tennis / GAA / soccer it’s quiet. Now you have walkers / runners / joggers galore... people brought a volleyball net over which is a great idea and families are playing games of many varieties, rounders, football, you name it.

It's almost as if all gyms have been closed, football and rugby and GAA and all other sports seasons have been cancelled and people can only exercise within 2km of their homes i'd say. :rolleyes:

They even went as far to tell the nursing homes not to impose visitor restrictions in March. Also moving sick elderly people form hospitals into care homes. I hope when this is behind us an enquiry is held into the behaviour that allowed so many of our most vulnerable die in nursing homes.

Enquiry, there should be court cases!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭Gynoid

House arrest...:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭theological

begbysback wrote: »
    Lockdown fatigue is becoming a real problem, we seem to have been amongst the first to start house arrest, yet no clear picture of the end.

More and more arrests will appear, with people at the end of their tether, completely understandable if people start to cross the line to come out if house arrest of their own accord.

Discipline would be better maintained if people knew when it was likely to end.

What is likely to happen without any further information is that the government will lose control over the lockdown and people will decide to step out of their own accord, which is a bad scenario.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Paddygreen

No end to lockdown until the vaccines being prepared by charitably minded, altruistic experts like Mr Bill Gates and the pharmaceutical corporations who work with him are mandatory and all global citizens have received their compulsery bio-update. At the moment everyone is like Windows Vista, we need to be like Windows 10.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭theological

Paddygreen wrote: »
    No end to lockdown until the vaccines being prepared by charitably minded, altruistic experts like Mr Bill Gates and the pharmaceutical corporations who work with him are mandatory and all global citizens have received their compulsery bio-update. At the moment everyone is like Windows Vista, we need to be like Windows 10.

I don't know why you suggest there will be no end to lockdown until a vaccine when many other countries in Europe are proceeding to ease the measures.

Can you flesh this out some more?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,315 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

lawred2 wrote: »
    Hmmmm

Was it because they weren't "seeing" their kids or was it because of childcare arrangements which like it or not have to be worked with..

I was told ‘not seeing kids’..the guy in question didn’t like childcare outside of him and the wife. either way, the workings of a colleagues family and their circumstances regarding childcare are none of my concern, 2 parents. If you cant work a job due to home / family issues, don’t apply for it, shifts are advertised. I never tried to put any facets of my own existence or troubles onto a colleague whereby they had to change their life, it’s madness to intimate they would or ‘I’ or anyone else should need to. If you have kids, be able to look after them and don’t think that a colleague should be made to move shifts and so on, just so you can. Regardless of this health crisis.

If my seniority number entitled me to a Monday - Friday shift after having done all the shîtty stuff, I’m giving short shrift to anyone saying “ well my David wants to join up with the Gaelic team and they play Saturday, so if you can give up your preferable shift and enjoyment of social/family/relationship activities to make that happen , thanks, NO THANKS, I learned the hard way, you’d be dealing with a solicitor quick time if any boss tries that. :)

Covid, non covid, it doesn’t matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Discipline would be better maintained if people knew when it was likely to end.

What is likely to happen without any further information is that the government will lose control over the lockdown and people will decide to step out of their own accord, which is a bad scenario.

People are getting nothing but vagueness from both government and Holohan.
    3 weeks ago we were told the transmission rate (RO) had to be below 1 before restrictions could be lifted. It has been less than 1 for over 2 weeks. Then we got the 'public are being bold 'narrative seismic studies etc. This week we were told testing is nowhere near where it needs to be it will take to weeks to get testing numbers of 100,000and contact tracing in place. Both of these were promised in March. So it comes as no surprise to me that people are beginning to lift what restrictions they can. The people did as they were requested the RO number is below 1 the government and its various agencies dropped the ball.

Paddygreen wrote: »

Still trying to wind up people I see. You didn't last too long on the Greta thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Agree with this. I think Leo's announcement this weekend that restrictions are not being lifted will prompt a fairly sizeable backlash.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Paddygreen

I don't know why you suggest there will be no end to lockdown until a vaccine when many other countries in Europe are proceeding to ease the measures.

Can you flesh this out some more?

Just you wait until wave two cuts swathes through those countries like the cold sharp edge of the grim reapers scythe. We just need to listen to Mr Gates and his friends then do whatever they say. He saw this coming and was even a part of a mock scenario that outlined this pandemic almost exactly a month before the first reported cases in China. We should listen to him, he knows what he is talking about.

14 people under 45 have died from Covid 19 in this country according to Jim Power on The Tonight Show on TV3, facts will open us back up very soon.

Exactly, and a lot of those would have had underlying issues. I was complaining about the lockdown in work this week and someone brought up the poor 17yo girl who passed away in Mayo, using it as an example of young people dying of Covid-19. She had no idea that the girl had a longstanding congenital heart condition, because she hadn't read the story, just seen the headline and got scared.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,121 ✭✭✭Ger Roe

mulbot wrote: »
    Same as a major hospital in the southeast, eerily empty.

I wonder why? .... Could it be anything to do with the fact that most people are observing the restrictions for the good of all and so the overwhelming surge that has wreaked havoc in other countries, has not happened here?

Is it that people don't believe the death stats throughout the world, or do they not believe that our combined actions have result in the country controlling the spread somewhat?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭daheff

He's an unelected Taoiseach with no mandate and furthermore with this legislation has broken the social contract between citizens and the State.

He deserves no audience tomorrow.

I'm fcked off explaining to SF wannabes that the Taoiseach has actually been elected. Go and read the statue books until you understand how the electoral system works.

He's elected by the Daily until such time as the Daily elect a new Taoiseach.

OP- stop the whinging.stay at home. If you and your Ilk don't you can be arrested....AND it'll mean lockdown stays with us for longer.

krissovo wrote: »
    Which strategy would you prefer?

For the general population its clear its working, the care system however there is a serious problem.

WHO are saying the Swedish model is the best one. No lockdown. The lockdown was a one size fits all thing for every country, something that was never needed. It was ridiculous to implement in Ireland.

Sweden is a model for the new coronavirus normal, says WHO
    https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/sweden-is-a-model-for-the-new-coronavirus-normal-says-who-dd8fgw7d0

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

I'm terrified of when this lockdown ends and society will expect me to exercise, eat healthily, work for a living, drink during designated hours in the designated drinking places and go on interesting holidays and seeing things.

It's great just panning out with time for one's thoughts!

I'm terrified of when this lockdown ends and society will expect me to exercise, eat healthily, work for a living, drink during designated hours in the designated drinking places and go on interesting holidays and seeing things.

It's great just panning out with time for one's thoughts!

Covid €350 money for nothing eh?
    I think alot of fun will start when that payment is removed and a very unhealthy dose of reality gets injected into alot of people's lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,315 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I think alot of fun will start when that payment is removed and a very unhealthy dose of reality gets injected into alot of people's lives.

I wonder will it get removed or stepped down first ? Might be tough, in fact would be tough for a lot of people if not the majority if it just ‘disappeared’. Will it be reduced to just a social welfare payment, gradually? I’m guessing likely. Either way, I’d say it will kick in the importance of having ‘savings’ in the future. You just never know what shîtshow might be around the corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,007 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

I am going to get out for a decent drive this weekend and head for a beauty spot and get out for a walk and enjoy the sun.

Please God you don't have an accident, but if you do hopefully you will be killed on impact.

I have a lot of friends in the emergency services and I wouldn't like them or their families put at risk because of some selfish cúnt.

• Advertisement

Cupatae wrote: »
    What do you want an apology for?

For the HSE not being mystics? It was very much an evolving situation. And so far we are doing very well compared to almost everywhere else.

For the Government not shutting the doors on everyone the very second we heard a peep about covid? did you want a kneejerk reaction?

What would you have done different.

Kneejerk reaction?? Italy was overrun with the thing and we had a govt minister respond "How would we feel if Italy banned all flights from Ireland" as a serious response to the question as to why we hadn't stopped flights. There were no mystic powers needed to see that Italy was in the shit.

"How would we feel if Italy banned all flights from Ireland".That was a serious answer. WTF!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Boggles wrote: »
    Please God you don't have an accident, but if you do hopefully you will be killed on impact.

I have a lot of friends in the emergency services and I wouldn't like them or their families put at risk because of some selfish cúnt.

The shaming, and using emergency services for the purposes of virtue signaling at this stage is becoming tedious, get the fcuk down off that high horse and give it a break.

Gynoid wrote: »
    Glad you got a laugh. On top of a lovely morning what more can you ask for.
    Basically you think the whole pandemic restrictions were unnecessary then. People should have continued as normal, no need for staying home on the basis that it is laughable that if people go out they may get and spread the virus. Fair enough. Everyone is entitled to be completely wrong.

Strange that the WHO agree, they see Sweden as the best example. Are they completely wrong??

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/sweden-is-a-model-for-the-new-coronavirus-normal-says-who-dd8fgw7d0

I'm looking forward to when the tax owed on it is claimed back.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,007 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

The shaming, and using emergency services for the purposes of virtue signaling at this stage is becoming tedious, get the fcuk down off that high horse and give it a break.

I'm not trying to shame anyone, I honestly hope he doesn't get in a an accident, but if he does I hope he is killed on impact.

Just easier and cleaner that way and less risk for people who have to clean it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭batman_oh

Kneejerk reaction?? Italy was overrun with the thing and we had a govt minister respond "How would we feel if Italy banned all flights from Ireland" as a serious response to the question as to why we hadn't stopped flights. There were no mystic powers needed to see that Italy was in the shit.

"How would we feel if Italy banned all flights from Ireland".That was a serious answer. WTF!!!!

Holohan did also say there was no evidence it would spread here when Italy was already in meltdown, and was still saying that after we identified out first case. Cheltenham, Italian tourists by the bucket load? All fine, it won't spread here.

They did well when they eventually decided to move, but I find it bizarre that everybody seems to forget the start.

A whole new level of nastiness.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭XLR 8

People from the North free to move all over Ireland.
    Scab slave labour being flown in on flights.

Travellers totally free to do what they want when they want where they want.

I am working long hours which are deemed essential.

I am going to get out for a decent drive this weekend and head for a beauty spot and get out for a walk and enjoy the sun.

Before you shut me down mods can you answer what harm I will be doing?

This is a discussion forum we are not living in China or North Korea.

If we all behave as you intend to they will extend the lock down. So your defeating the purpose. I feel your pain we're all going a little off the rails. But dude we gotta suck it up for just a bit longer. The North Korea reference helps no one. I hope the 100hrs work that you currently are doing is as a result of the crisis & not the norm. If you want less hours then you above all of us need the rest of us to adhere to the restrictions. But so must you. I wish you well but someone who has worked 100 hours and seems to have issues dealing with all this is the last person who should be going for a spin. Your tired as it is ffs. If you have an episode that requires the intervention of other front line staff would you be happy to suffer the consequences ? Dude stay safe stay in sleep well and dream easy.

I'm not trying to shame anyone, I honestly hope he doesn't get in a an accident, but if he does I hope he is killed on impact.

Just easier and cleaner that way and less risk for people who have to clean it up.

Another disgusting comment. I hope action is taken against these posts of yours.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭LuasSimon

Its like everthing else in Ireland, the law abiding are cooked up in their houses for the last 6 weeks whilst the traveller community have been having large funerals all over the country like Birr etc, there have been 21sts in Longford, running pitched battles in Enniscorthy , Large traveller camps in the curragh and they get away with it ....how can this be allowed??

Advertisement