Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Thread 5.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,978 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Big fan of The Boys. Got a couple of my mates on to it and they love it. Haven't watched any of season 2 yet as I wanted to wait till I could binge the entire season in one guy.

I think Urban and Star are great actors and I'm not just saying that because they're kiwis. Star has been in some brilliant TV shows. Outrageous Fortune, Banshee and now The Boys.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,493 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Ah Frenchie.... He's my fav.

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    I could binge the entire season in one guy.

What you do whilst watching TV is your business....

What you do whilst watching TV is your business....

Hahaha. Whoops. I'm not going to edit that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,430 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

1012 today

Fook

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,150 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

I'd say that's likely not indicating similar spread as we had back around April, when 500-1000 cases were being reported per day with a lot less testing.

However it's a sign that the government need to seriously tighten things up for a while, mandatory masks (even on the street), curfews, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,365 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Haven't watched any of season 2 yet as I wanted to wait till I could binge the entire season in one guy.

One guy aside, same for me. Downloaded the entire season there earlier, settling in with a bottle of wine now for a nice binge.

Yeah_Right was intensely disappointed that this place only sold fast food:

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcQfb2xcBKWd0CWpR8ih14i5JBnyybWvmL_5xw&usqp=CAU

• Registered Users Posts: 7,365 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Neil3030 wrote: »

Tone. ****ing. Deaf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,931 ✭✭✭jacothelad

Yes. Always be true to yourself......:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Oh lordy. A penny for your thoughts David? :D

It's the sort of thing you'd expect from Ron Burgundy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Paul Smeenus

Holy God.

One guy aside, same for me. Downloaded the entire season there earlier, settling in with a bottle of wine now for a nice binge.

It's become one of my favourites of recent years.

Especially in series 2, it's razor-sharp satire. Not even bothered by Urban's meandering accent.

Homelander is superb - beautifully written and acted. Starr is excellent as you're drawn more into his world - I don't want to give anything away, but his emotional disintegration as an emotionally infantile Superman is sheer brilliance.

Double down. As it were.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,931 ✭✭✭jacothelad

side_effects.jpg?width=285&height=175&fit=bounds&crop=fill

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭DGRulz

Well, that's an image I didn't need to see while eating my lunch ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭MaybeMaybe

Jaco, you should be more careful about where you post your selfies.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Is that a double Munro Jaco? I was expecting more heather...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Tis official 2020 has broken Jaco

So unless this really is last minute brinkmanship (and it doesn't look like it) the UK is going to crash hard in January.

Going to make our own recovery from Covid even harder.

What a failure of a man Boris Johnson is to ruin his own country over a bit of ambition and then to torch it's reputation when he got it all so badly wrong.

Final nail in the coffin for Scotland also - I'd imagine that 58% polling will tip over 60% in a no deal scenario.

I asked some mods to ban me from the covid forum. I can't see any posts from there at all now. I've told google I don't want any suggested articles to do with it either. It's glorious. Head fully in the sand now unless I seek out the information myself.

I've somehow managed to not spoil bledisloe 2 so far this morning by chance. Anyone have any idea where I could watch it back during the day if I took a notion?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Dog Botherer

Bazzo wrote: »
    I've somehow managed to not spoil bledisloe 2 so far this morning by chance. Anyone have any idea where I could watch it back during the day if I took a notion?

if you were to have a google for, say, Films of a Rugby nature, you’d have some luck.

if you were to have a google for, say, Films of a Rugby nature, you’d have some luck.

Cheers, got sorted

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Widespread ignoring of guidelines and refusal of some to engage with contact tracers. Not one bit surprised. It's going to be a long winter.

Zzippy wrote: »
    Widespread ignoring of guidelines and refusal of some to engage with contact tracers. Not one bit surprised. It's going to be a long winter.

It's a self fulfilling prophecy for the cravenly stupid.

Ignoring restrictions because they don't agree with them and subsequently being the direct cause for... more restrictions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭MaybeMaybe

What are the consequences for this guy? None? If he didn't care to isolate in the first place and nobody he knows died as a result of his selfishness then what will make him care now? I suggest he might care if he knew someone that died as a result but I am not even sure about that. there are a lot of selfish people in the world and now it's just easier to see who they are.

Advertisement