Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Thread 5.0

Options

Comments

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2019/09/06/us/politics/howard-schultz-drops-out-2020.amp.html

summary there of his disastrous campaign attempt. i suppose the gritting is implied. no serious person could think Howard Schultz had any chance of making a successful bid, but a cynical person would definitely see it as an easy way to pick up some fat consulting fees.

i had also forgotten this very funny related story until i was googling there.

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5c6121a0e4b0eec79b254c37

Ehr - Schmidt isn't mentioned at all in the first link and the huffington post is pretty partisan even by my standards. I'll have a wee google myself to see what his involvement was !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Dog Botherer

Ehr - Schmidt isn't mentioned at all in the first link and the huffington post is pretty partisan even by my standards. I'll have a wee google myself to see what his involvement was !

fair enough, it’s not exactly a secret that he was a senior consultant.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭kuang1

Slightly worrying stuff there shortly after 10.00 on CNN.
    “Slight pessimism from Biden camp about daytime turnout in Florida...“ i.e. The turnout has been high today and it is expected that trump voters were in the main going to vote in person.

And this beaute... 48% think Coronavirus is being handled well???

• Registered Users Posts: 17,150 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Blurring together the actions of an administration, the actions of local election boards, and the actions of campaign management, is wholly disingenuous.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

kuang1 wrote: »
    “Slight pessimism from Biden camp about daytime turnout in Florida...“ i.e. The turnout has been high today and it is expected that trump voters were in the main going to vote in person.

Filler while waiting for exit polls?

• Advertisement

Stheno wrote: »
    Filler while waiting for exit polls?

Totally!
    I'm flicking between fox and CNN.

Jesus they talk very loudly on fox!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Totally!

Yep can't cope with the yelling on Fox

Totally!

Makes sense - isn't their audience median age like 81 or something?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

That's from exit poll interviews with in-person voters today. Will be dominated by Repubkicans, who tend to vote more in person. Won't be representative as it doesn't capture the views of the early/absentee voters.

More mentions of Biden camp pessimism about Florida on CNN.

• Advertisement

More mentions of Biden camp pessimism about Florida on CNN.

Go have a beer :)

There was a consistent polling lead in Florida and if that is not reflective of the actual vote then it might suggest a disconnect between polling and voting.

At the same time, Biden doesn't need to win Florida and it's more an early plus for him rather than an election decider.

But if he doesn't win Florida then it suggests that Trump has maintained a base popularity that indicates a genuinely unhealthy and polarised country.

Don't we have a discord for this sort of thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,366 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

... that indicates a genuinely unhealthy and polarised country.

I think we've passed that point a long, long time ago.

Venjur are any of these based on actual counts, or party affiliation?

First Guinness opened.

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Venjur are any of these based on actual counts, or party affiliation?

There is no good information right now at all - there is background noise but until we hear vote counts there is nothing reliable.

The camps might be trying to get last minute voters out and nothing more.

In around 3 hours we may have one or two states called. How reflective they are of the polling will either give validation or throw it all open.

I can only say that I hope Trump is completely and utterly crushed.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Right, I'm off to bed. Hoping to wake up to some good news...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,366 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Podge_irl wrote: »
    Right, I'm off to bed. Hoping to wake up to some good news...

Ditto. Going to be rather depressing if it's not ...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Paul Smeenus

Ditto. Going to be rather depressing if it's not ...

"Rather depressing" is somewhat of an understatement in terms of the fallout globally, and the next four years, I'd say.

• Advertisement

Markets were up today... hopefully a signal they expect a definitive result...

Results filtering in......

To quote Jimmy Kimmel, this feels like a mix of Christmas Eve, and the night before a liver transplant.

Neil3030 wrote: »
    To quote Jimmy Kimmel, this feels like a mix of Christmas Eve, and the night before a liver transplant.

Yeah I thought that was spot on.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,609 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Have Fox and CNN on split screen. Feels important to me to experience this how actual Americans do!

errlloyd wrote: »
    Have Fox and CNN on split screen. Feels important to me to experience this how actual Americans do!

Presume you also got your cholesterol up to life threatening levels?

Jesus this is fast paces

Florida is fascinating

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

errlloyd wrote: »

They watch 2 channels at the same time? :p

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Watching Florida is like watching a horse race, the lead is changing hands so often...

• Advertisement

Zzippy wrote: »
    Watching Florida is like watching a horse race, the lead is changing hands so often...

Its insane

Advertisement