Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Thread 5.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

I'm not getting a good feeling here. If its really this close then Trump can pull it out of the bag. Biden needs wider margins than we're seeing I think. What a mess if a country.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭kuang1

My favourite quote of the night so far :
    "sometimes you get a big dump and it changes everything"

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Paul Smeenus

kuang1 wrote: »
    My favourite quote of the night so far :
    "sometimes you get a big dump and it changes everything"

:)

So, so true

CNN touchscreen guy driving me nuts... He keeps comparing Biden's total votes in districts to Hilarys total 4 years ago WITHOUT acknowledging the change in Trump's total from 4 years ago to now.

Biden scoring 20,000 more votes in x County compared to Hilary 4 years ago is no good if Trump is scoring 21,000 more.
    (turnout a lot higher now than 4 years ago)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

The early voting is making this even more difficult to interpret.

• Advertisement

aloooof wrote: »
    The early voting is making this even more difficult to interpret.

Odds changing a bit... Biden 8/13 Trump 5/4

Looking like Biden is going to lose Florida. Ohio will be important. Early counting had Biden out in front by a good bit but thats narrowed since. He's just ahead in Texas. If he can win both of those it would be good news. Please be good news.

Odds changing a bit... Biden 8/13 Trump 5/4

Trump shortened?

aloooof wrote: »
    Trump shortened?

Yup.

molloyjh wrote: »
    Looking like Biden is going to lose Florida. Ohio will be important. Early counting had Biden out in front by a good bit but thats narrowed since. He's just ahead in Texas. If he can win both of those it would be good news. Please be good news.

Texas unlikely to go Biden's way now. His early lead needed to be bigger.

• Advertisement

8/11 & 11/10 now.
    Trump shortening further

Texas unlikely to go Biden's way now. His early lead needed to be bigger.

Yeah. Ohio starting to look the same. This really isn't looking good at all.

Beginning to look ominously familiar...

Yeah. Ohio starting to look the same. This really isn't looking good at all.

I was gonna hit the hay at 2.
    Couldn't sleep much with this going on.

North carolina not looking good now either. Biden was ahead by 208,000 votes with 70% counted.
    Now 78% counted, his lead is 126,000.

Biden 6/5, trump 4/6.

Bed.

I was gonna hit the hay at 2.
    Couldn't sleep much with this going on.

North carolina not looking good now either. Biden was ahead by 208,000 votes with 70% counted.
    Now 78% counted, his lead is 126,000.

Yeah, he was always going to do well in the early counts due to the postal voting. It doesn't look like its been enough.

Its getting depressing now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,609 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Yeah, he was always going to do well in the early counts due to the postal voting. It doesn't look like its been enough.

Its getting depressing now.

I don't get it though, because in many places the postal votes are the late ones, not the early ones. This is literally on a county by county basis in PA, where some counties opened them today and some will open tomorrow.

errlloyd wrote: »
    I don't get it though, because in many places the postal votes are the late ones, not the early ones. This is literally on a county by county basis in PA, where some counties opened them today and some will open tomorrow.

AFAIK most opened and counted before today, hence Biden having a big lead in Ohio early on which Trump has now moved ahead in. Some counties and states didn't open until today, but not sure how many.

Either way I'm going to bed. The best we can hope for today is that it comes down to Pennsylvania, which we won't know about for days. But I think the orange buffoon is getting in again. Which is terrifying. How almost a quarter of a million dead isn't enough to oust this guy is beyond me, never mind everything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭MaybeMaybe

A lot of red on the map this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

MaybeMaybe wrote: »
    A lot of red on the map this morning.

Map always looks very red even when Democrats win by a large margin, big rural States with small populations are mostly solid republican.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,495 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

I'm quite worried trump is going to get over the line

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

sydthebeat wrote: »
    I'm quite worried trump is going to get over the line

It's tight enough at the moment that it's hard not to be worried but need to be aware of the "red mirage" we were warned about. It seems like doors are closing for trump at the moment, NYT gives Biden a 60% chance of picking up one of North Carolina or Georgia which are both very close races and that would be very bad news for trump, but even losing both is not fatal for Biden. He's looking good in Arizona.

Edit: NYT are actually giving Biden a 71% chance of picking up one or both North Carolina and Georgia. Biden picking up both would be curtains for Trump.

That it's even this close is a terrible, terrible indictment.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,495 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

That it's even this close is a terrible, terrible indictment.

Agreed.

Whatever the result, American needs to take a long cold hard look at itself....
    And by proxy, the rest of the world needs to as well.
    Perhaps there has been way to far a swing to the left in "some" issues lately

• Registered Users Posts: 7,366 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Such as?

Lindsay Graham did everything he could not to be re-elected and yet he's back in the Senate.

America is giving Trumpism the seal of approval as we speak. Biden should win this but there is no rejection of the hard right here.

Kanye West has conceded.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,236 ✭✭✭✭Buer

This is incredible. The Republicans may not only retain the Presidency and the Senate....they're right in the mix to take the HoR also.

Now:

Trump 4/9, Biden 9/5.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,407 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I can't see Trump not winning it or at least he will never concede it.

What is the point of all those expensive opinion polls when they can't get the basics right?

Advertisement