Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Thread 5.0

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,496 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Why does the Washington Post have lower numbers for Biden (224-213) than the Guardian does (238-213)?

WP hasnt yet given Arizona (11) maine (2) and maine district 1 (1) to biden

when you apply them, biden is on 238

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,407 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

NBC news has Biden winning Wisconsin by 20k (confirmed) but not updated on any of the sites I'm looking at

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭swiwi_

Buer wrote: »
    Big momentum shift but it's going to be something of a hollow victory in reality if the Dems lose both houses. If Biden wins but has no support from the Senate or the HoR, he's going to be a relatively impotent president.

Impotence is normal at his age.

NBC news has Biden winning Wisconsin by 20k (confirmed) but not updated on any of the sites I'm looking at

Maine has just been formally called but it looks like Wisconsin and Michigan will not flip back to Trump.

Just need Nevada confirmed now.

I've been a bag of nerves all day - not helped in the least by a minor hangover and complete lack of sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Maine has just been formally called but it looks like Wisconsin and Michigan will not flip back to Trump.

Just need Nevada confirmed now.

I've been a bag of nerves all day - not helped in the least by a minor hangover and complete lack of sleep.

It seems the one to watch is actually Arizona. They were reporting >99% votes in but that was an error, it's actually apparently only 86% with about 250-300k votes yet to count.

Trump's campaign is saying they're going to favour him but Biden's campaign are saying the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭MaybeMaybe

swiwi_ wrote: »
    Impotence is normal at his age.

Personal experience?

MaybeMaybe wrote: »
    Personal experience?

No I haven’t slept with Joe Biden.

Trump campaign already demanding a recount in Wisconsin which isn't really all that close 20k +

Unfortunately they aren't citing the ballot differential and instead citing widespread 'irregularities'.

Still though - if they are challenging results like this it at least suggests a lack of confidence in other races. For context, Trump won by 22,000 votes in 2016 and there was no recount.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,223 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Chaotic election in keeping with 2020 so not making any predictions but it will be very ironic if Arizona denies Trump a second term... Being an asshole to John McCain & family won’t have worked out so well.

Dems won senate in 2018 and this year so it may have gone blue anyway if it ultimately does but still.

No I haven’t slept with Joe Biden.

You mean "you did not have sexual relations with that man" ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,653 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Trump campaign already demanding a recount in Wisconsin which isn't really all that close 20k +

Unfortunately they aren't citing the ballot differential and instead citing widespread 'irregularities'.

Still though - if they are challenging results like this it at least suggests a lack of confidence in other races. For context, Trump won by 22,000 votes in 2016 and there was no recount.

Recount can't happen until December 1st either. This is going to drag on for god knows how long

Well the pollsters were a bit wrong anyway. As the French would say "ils se sont trumpés".

What's going on in Maine? Trump won, Biden won.... ?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Trump won one electoral vote from one district Biden won the rest

They have a split voting system. So Biden gets 3 electoral votes, Trump gets 1

• Registered Users Posts: 17,798 ✭✭✭✭bilston

No surprise but Trump's claims of fraud are unfortunately gaining traction amongst his smitten supporters on Twitter.

There is such anger in that country, it is so divided. Maybe it always has been on some level, but its sad to see it tearing itself apart like this.

Looks like Trump may have to be dragged out of the WH.

They have a split voting system. So Biden gets 3 electoral votes, Trump gets 1

How exactly does Maine and Nebraska do it? Even after reading wiki I don’t quite get it.

Recount can't happen until December 1st either. This is going to drag on for god knows how long

More likely other races will have rendered any recount pointless.

So they are contesting everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,798 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Is it all postal votes to be counted from here on in?

If it is then Biden surely has this in the bag?

Here we go.

Trump's team are suing in Michigan to immediately stop counting and review votes.

• Advertisement

How exactly does Maine and Nebraska do it? Even after reading wiki I don’t quite get it.

Two to whoever wins the state overall, and then the remaining two are given to whoever wins in each of the two congressional districts. State is essentially split into two districts. So even though Biden had more votes in both combined, Trump had more votes than Biden in one of them.

Two to whoever wins the state overall, and then the remaining two are given to whoever wins in each of the two congressional districts. State is essentially split into two districts. So even though Biden had more votes in both combined, Trump had more votes than Biden in one of them.

Strange system. Better than winner takes all though.

Does anyone know what Biden stands for other than “not trump” and “can do Covid better”? I didn’t watch the debates but policy detail from either camp seemed almost nonexistent

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

bilston wrote: »
    No surprise but Trump's claims of fraud are unfortunately gaining traction amongst his smitten supporters on Twitter.

There is such anger in that country, it is so divided. Maybe it always has been on some level, but its sad to see it tearing itself apart like this.

Looks like Trump may have to be dragged out of the WH.

The grifter blue checkmarks on Twitter have to support him. They piggybacked on his movement to create their 'fame' in the first place.

bilston wrote: »
    Is it all postal votes to be counted from here on in?

If it is then Biden surely has this in the bag?

Why exactly are postal votes so heavily skewed towards Biden? I'm assuming some red voters are functionally literate?

Why exactly are postal votes so heavily skewed towards Biden? I'm assuming some red voters are functionally literate?

Probably a mix between people being terrified of getting harassed at polling stations, and not wanting to go into swarms of Covid denier trump supporters.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Trump attempted to completely delegitimise postal votes. So a lot of dems (very sensibly) used the option to avoid congregating in polling places on election day while repubs didn't trust the system enough and wanted to vote in person.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Probably a mix between people being terrified of getting harassed at polling stations, and not wanting to go into swarms of Covid denier trump supporters.

Or Trump supporters don't believe Covid is real so vote in person?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Does anyone know what Biden stands for other than “not trump” and “can do Covid better”? I didn’t watch the debates but policy detail from either camp seemed almost nonexistent

Biden actually did have policy positions but there was absolutely no discussion of them that I saw until I went specifically looking for them wondering the same thing.

But he does have a website!

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,496 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Because trump literally told his supporters not to vote by post but to vote in person.

Advertisement