Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Thread 5.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,798 ✭✭✭✭bilston

UAEguy2020 wrote: »
    Pen has already been called for Trump due to “questionable” votes.

Trump has called Pennsylvania for Trump...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭kuang1

Georgia could well go to Biden looks like.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

And now Trump filing a lawsuit in Georgia

After his lead slumps!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,366 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Where are you all getting your numbers for? My maps haven't updated in ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,223 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Republicans usually silent when trump does something outlandish, didnt see the tweet, don’t know the context, sorry can’t comment as in rush etc but there’s a fair bit of pushback against trumps demand to stop counting (in certain states).

Mitch McConnell, Rob Portman, Marco Rubio and others have all said votes should be counted or something along those lines. It would make you wonder whether deep down they’ve had enough and given they have already secured Supreme Court for the foreseeable future, potential political gain by suddenly becoming fiscal conservatives etc again suspect they might be happy enough to see Joe Biden inaugurated.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Where are you all getting your numbers for? My maps haven't updated in ages.

CNN for me with the magic wall

• Registered Users Posts: 17,150 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Trump got the vote out in red states and the GOP looks to have won back seats in the HOR and kept the Senate.

I can see McConnell etc staying loyal to Trump for a while yet. He has value to them. Or in other words, he could make a very effective enemy against them...

ClanofLams wrote: »
    Republicans usually silent when trump does something outlandish, didnt see the tweet, don’t know the context, sorry can’t comment as in rush etc but there’s a fair bit of pushback against trumps demand to stop counting (in certain states).

Mitch McConnell, Rob Portman, Marco Rubio and others have all said votes should be counted or something along those lines. It would make you wonder whether deep down they’ve had enough and given they have already secured Supreme Court for the foreseeable future, potential political gain by suddenly becoming fiscal conservatives etc again suspect they might be happy enough to see Joe Biden inaugurated.

One of my Twitter feeds earlier reflected this with alleged commentary from a senior Trump aide that he will be let scream for a few days but that's it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,366 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Chris Tucker's show on Fox is saying that Trump only had local radio, minority outreach and people power on their side, but Democrats had big tech, big media, pollsters 'conditioning the nation', not to mention banks and utilities that are all 'warped' on their side.

I regret my decision to only listen to Fox this evening (just so I'm not stuck in a chamber).

Re: Michigan, Arizona, Nevada: "Still a question mark ... interesting!" - Just saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,150 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

A few hours ago the FAA issued a notice clearing airspace above Wilmington, Delaware (where Biden is).

https://tfr.faa.gov/save_pages/detail_0_5137.html

That's the ballgame. He's President Elect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭swiwi_

Neil3030 wrote: »
    A few hours ago the FAA issued a notice clearing airspace above Wilmington, Delaware (where Biden is).

https://tfr.faa.gov/save_pages/detail_0_5137.html

That's the ballgame. He's President Elect.

That or trump is sending in the F15s for a strike.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

UAEguy2020 wrote: »
    Pen has already been called for Trump due to “questionable” votes.

https://twitter.com/cmclymer/status/1324138454964461569?s=20

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,407 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Why are they taking so long to count PA?
    I know I sound like a broken record but it's the exact opposite of Alaska in size and population but they're still a day behind.

I know I sound like a broken record but it's the exact opposite of Alaska in size and population but they're still a day behind.

A lot of states changed the laws to allow mail-in ballots to be counted ahead of time, PA's state legislature (Republican) refused to change the laws to allow that to happen ahead of time. So they had to count millions of mail-in votes and could only start on election day.

Now the same party is suing to stop the late counting...

• Subscribers Posts: 41,496 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Different states have different counting rules.

Most start counting postal votes as soon as they arrive. Some, a small handful, don't start until election day, pennsylvania being one.
    And they are one of the newest to allow a "no reason" mail vote ballot, only approving that last year.
    So they are effectively new to this level of mail in ballot

Still 165k down in Penn with 89% counted. Hopefully Biden doesn't need it because it's going to be close.

Nevada very close too.

Knife edge.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭kuang1

Still 165k down in Penn with 89% counted. Hopefully Biden doesn't need it because it's going to be close.

Nevada very close too.

Knife edge.

The rate at which Biden has made up the ground in Pennsylvania has been extremely swift.
    He'll end up winning that state by a comfortable 6 figures.

And that's game over even if Trump wins all other remaining states.

So definitely not knife edge for me.
    CNN headline writers doing their job to keep people watching very well though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,798 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Sophy Ridge from Sky tweeted about 45 mins ago that Trumpmis closing in on Biden in Arizona.

Biden still 1/7 for the win (was 1/9 last night), so still very confident, but not over until every vote is counted (or if Trump has his way...some of the votes are counted)

Biden's lead cut from 130k to 65k in AZ.
    AP have called it for Biden but not everyone agrees

• Registered Users Posts: 24,236 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Biden has made up 500k votes in about 18 hours through counting of about 20% of the vote. He's now 160k behind with a further 10% still to be counted.

At this rate, he's going to win the state comfortably. Some outlets are trying to make this as dramatic as possible but it's a done deal unless those remaining votes completely swing in a different direction to everything we've seen thus far.

Once Pennsylvania is in the bag, Nevada and Arizona are redundant.

• Advertisement

I hope Arizona stays Biden. Trumps’ treatment of McCain sums up all I can’t stand about the guy.

kuang1 wrote: »
    The rate at which Biden has made up the ground in Pennsylvania has been extremely swift.
    He'll end up winning that state by a comfortable 6 figures.

I'm not sure where you're getting the 6 figures from. There are still republican counties yet to come back. It will be close, like all of them at this point (but DEFINITELY looks like Biden will win there unless there's a major shock)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Trump supporters gathered outside the counting centre in Arizona are chanting "Count the vote!"

Simultaneously across the country trump supporters in Pennsylvania gathered outside the counting centre are chanting "Stop the count!"

Trump may well go beyond Obama's 2008 total which is quite depressing.

I think he's going to take Georgia. Arizona is not locked - I don't know why some stations are calling it.

Pensylvania does look like the trend will carry Biden reasonably clear and put him at 273 and into the White House.

A little Downfall at times like this is never a bad thing...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,653 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

You'd have to wonder where do the Dems go from here. They ran the relatively 'safe' option in Biden, and will likely just squeeze it, but it looks like there'll be a majority Republican in the senate, lost seats in the house, and supreme court has 6-3 in favour of the Republicans.

Add on top of that the mess Biden's inheriting with the economic fallout of the pandemic, it's probably going to be a rough 4 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

US politics just needs a quiet four years staying out of the news and off-topic threads.

US politics needs secession. Let the useless states run themselves completely into the ground with their nonsense politics and near-zero productivity

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭OldRio

• Advertisement

Either none of the sites are updating or none of the polling stations have counted any votes today so far

Advertisement