Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Thread 5.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,820 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

dregin wrote: »
    Any recommendations for artificial grass and patio installation in Dublin?

Just saw on Instagram that my local pub got a crowd called Hamptons floorstore to install artificial grass out the back of the pub. Looks tidy.
    No affiliation.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

mfceiling wrote: »
    Just saw on Instagram that my local pub got a crowd called Hamptons floorstore to install artificial grass out the back of the pub. Looks tidy.
    No affiliation.

Are people who do floors, landscaping, etc., your sworn enemies?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

No affiliation.

Which local? I might take a slin round to take a look.

Which local? I might take a slin round to take a look.

Two sisters terenure.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,931 ✭✭✭jacothelad

Two sisters terenure.

Good for you. Ah! 1974 the last time....Stranmillis Road. Memories.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

jacothelad wrote: »
    Good for you. Ah! 1874 the last time....Stranmillis Road. Memories.;)

Fixed your typo jaco. Found the photo too...

554306.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Shaka Hislop

Scandal averted..
    Not a hint of ankle showing!

Scandal averted..
    Not a hint of ankle showing!

The very notion! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Does anyone here use Premier Sports online? Not the sky way. I signed up, but nothing I try play works - not available in your region. I signed up and tried to view, all under the guise of a reputable VPN.

Has anyone gotten this working?

[edit: Huh. Turns out when the VPN is turned off, all works well. Weird.]

• Registered Users Posts: 4,492 ✭✭✭swiwi_

Had the 2nd Covid shot yesterday (Pfizer). Whereas the first just gave me a sore arm, the 2nd gave me a sore arm plus I feel like death warmed up. Wife got moderna #1 this morning, I’ll be intrigued to see how she feels tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭kuang1

swiwi_ wrote: »
    Had the 2nd Covid shot yesterday (Pfizer). Whereas the first just gave me a sore arm, the 2nd gave me a sore arm plus I feel like death warmed up. Wife got moderna #1 this morning, I’ll be intrigued to see how she feels tomorrow.

She should be fine. It's round 2 that'll hit her a bit too.

On a totally different note, thought I had introduced my daughter (12 now) to all of the timeless classics from the 80s and 90s. Mrs Doubtfire, back to the futures, indiana Jones (not the 4th one!), short circuit, goonies, princess bride, flight of the navigator, look who's talking, and so on...

Just rediscovered speilbergs "batteries not included".

Gem.

kuang1 wrote: »

On a totally different note, thought I had introduced my daughter (12 now) to all of the timeless classics from the 80s and 90s. Mrs Doubtfire, back to the futures, indiana Jones (not the 4th one!), short circuit, goonies, princess bride, flight of the navigator, look who's talking, and so on...

Gem.

Throw in crocodile dundee and you've covered all the bases.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I'd my first Pfizer dose a few days ago and was flattened that day and two days after

Exhausted, chills, headache, joint pain and a severe sore throat

Throw in crocodile dundee and you've covered all the bases.

Yup covered those too.
    Have to wait for her to be a bit older before I show her "see no evil, hear no evil" though 😊

Jumanjii (both old and new versions) went down well.
    School of rock, never ending story, avatar... Still at a point where on a Saturday after dinner she trusts me to choose the movie.

Think I've nothing left at this stage though.
    They don't make 'em like they used to. And she'd verify that!

The most recent movies that she got a good laugh out of was the "night at the museum" saga.

Anyone else add to this list? Surely we haven't seen them all?!

I got hot flushes that set in about 15 hours after Pfizer #2 and lasted about 24 hours, but apart from that didn't feel too bad at all. Wife had AZ #2 on Thursday and no reaction save the sore arm, her sister got it same day and was in bits. Highly variable reactions seems to be the story, but a small price to pay. Already enjoying the vaccine bonus, have my parents visiting this weekend for first time in 9 months :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭DGRulz

Yup covered those too.
    Have to wait for her to be a bit older before I show her "see no evil, hear no evil" though 😊

Jumanjii (both old and new versions) went down well.
    School of rock, never ending story, avatar... Still at a point where on a Saturday after dinner she trusts me to choose the movie.

Think I've nothing left at this stage though.
    They don't make 'em like they used to. And she'd verify that!

The most recent movies that she got a good laugh out of was the "night at the museum" saga.

Anyone else add to this list? Surely we haven't seen them all?!

Karate kid? Could do up to the fourth one. Beethoven & The Mighty Ducks?

DGRulz wrote: »
    Karate kid? Could do up to the fourth one. Beethoven & The Mighty Ducks?

Yes beethoven done, mighty ducks no... Will put it on the list!
    Karate kid... I'll run it by her. For some reason that got filed under the "meh" section along with star wars. (hi Venjur ;).)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Karate kid... I'll run it by her. For some reason that got filed under the "meh" section along with star wars. (hi Venjur ;).)

I assume Goonies was in there somewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,990 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

Anything that Tom Hanks did pre Philadelphia: Big, Turner and Hooch, Dragnet and my own favourite, The Burbs.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,596 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Ferris bueller, labyrinth, Adventures in baby sitting, teen wolf.... And.... Did I not see ET in there yet??

• Advertisement

Never ending story and of course the Princess Bride.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭FACECUTTR

Mac and me, Krull and Willow !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Shaka Hislop

Don't think the Eurovision happened last year, but this was Iceland's enter and was favourite to win. Banger.

https://youtu.be/VFZNvj-HfBU

I listened to this f**king song once, a week ago, and I'm still bloody humming it.

Gem.

Gremlins 1 & 2
    Arachnophobia
    The Never-ending Story
    Big
    Willow
    Honey I shrunk the kids
    The Iron Giant
    Hook
    Babe
    Home Alone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭MaybeMaybe

Tremors
    Tremors II

Just had the most amazing burger ever. For any northsiders if you haven’t tried it. Fish & Meat Bone on the Clontarf Road, does by far the best burger in Dublin, possibly anywhere. We dropped in to get the monkfish & Scampi, which is also pretty good too. My better half always wants that extra thing from the menu, so we got the burger. Really good beef patty, you would know it’s good quality meat used. Then it’s topped with pulled beef. All in all I couldn’t recommend it more. Only draw back with the place is the chips are bang average.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

stephen_n wrote: »
    Just had the most amazing burger ever. For any northsiders if you haven’t tried it. Fish & Meat Bone on the Clontarf Road, does by far the best burger in Dublin, possibly anywhere. We dropped in to get the monkfish & Scampi, which is also pretty good too. My better half always wants that extra thing from the menu, so we got the burger. Really good beef patty, you would know it’s good quality meat used. Then it’s topped with pulled beef. All in all I couldn’t recommend it more. Only draw back with the place is the chips are bang average.

"What are we puttin on this beef burger"?

"More beef"

I like it

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Jayzussss, 2 days of downtime expected to migrate 22 odd years of data over to the new backend for boards - https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058189140

• Advertisement

Jayzussss, 2 days of downtime expected to migrate 22 odd years of data over to the new backend for boards - https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058189140

Not sure non-mods can read that forum...

Advertisement