Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Thread 5.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭DGRulz

Always enjoy a good marvel movie, thought Wandavision and Falcon and the Winter Soldier were average enough but Loki seems very promising, quite liked the first episode.

I really liked the first two series but both suffered badly from covid shutdowns. Loki wasn't as badly effected from what I know so shouldn't have the same issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,492 ✭✭✭swiwi_

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jun/11/hello-possum-the-new-zealanders-who-keep-wild-marsupials-as-pets

I had a colleague who had a pet possum (it’s illegal) He built a large indoor cage with shrubs and everything. They are pretty vicious creatures and he would regularly come to work with scratches.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,080 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Christian Eriksen has collapsed off the ball mid game in Denmark v Finland and is receiving CPR. Send him all our positive energy and prayers if thats your thing.

Come on son, fight for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Genuinely horrible to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,685 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Fúcking abysmal for the director to show so much of it on the feed. There's absolutely no way they should've showed them trying to revive him on live broadcast.

• Advertisement

I think to give the TV people the benefit of the doubt, as soon as it became evident that the medical intervention was very serious, they pulled back the cameras to far distant. They weren't expecting it like any of us.

Larbre34 wrote: »
    I think to give the TV people the benefit of the doubt, as soon as it became evident that the medical intervention was very serious, they pulled back the cameras to far distant. They weren't expecting it like any of us.

BBC cut to his wife on the sidelines. And were focusing on the circle of players around him trying to stop the cameras from showing what was going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,802 ✭✭✭✭bilston

The sight of his wife running down to the touchline broke me a bit.

Hope and pray he makes it through

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Rte commentator said he saw thumbs up from a medic and I think brady is right there would be bad reactions from the Danish players if the medical interventions hadn’t had some success so hopefully he pulls through.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,597 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

I'm a bit shook after that. Absolutely awful stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

You can be sure it if was a streaker or someone making a political protest that they would have cut away in seconds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Shaka Hislop

Bein Sports are reporting he's left the stadium in a state condition..

Bein Sports are reporting he's left the stadium in a state condition..

Yeah there's a photo doing the rounds on twitter of him leaving the stadium on oxygen where it looks like he's conscious. Fingers crossed it's true.

What a horrible thing to see. Still in shock

aloooof wrote: »
    I'm a bit shook after that. Absolutely awful stuff.

I must say I became a bit teary seeing the wife being embraced by Schmeichel and another player on the sideline, it took me right back to Paris and Anthony Foley.

RTE Sports news on the 6.1 quoting a Reuters comment that he raised a hand from his stretcher at some point when being borne off the pitch. Lets hope thats correct and that the outcome will be better than it looked initially.

But yeah, not the better of that at all.

Yeah there's a photo doing the rounds on twitter of him leaving the stadium on oxygen where it looks like he's conscious. Fingers crossed it's true.

What a horrible thing to see. Still in shock

Sky Sports News showing that now, he certainly looks concious and is lifting his head under his own steam. Hopefully will do well now.

Sky News now reporting that the Danish FA has released a statement saying he is awake, has been stablished and is gone to hospital.

Phew.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,931 ✭✭✭jacothelad

swiwi_ wrote: »
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jun/11/hello-possum-the-new-zealanders-who-keep-wild-marsupials-as-pets

I had a colleague who had a pet possum (it’s illegal) He built a large indoor cage with shrubs and everything. They are pretty vicious creatures and he would regularly come to work with scratches.

On his back? Maybe he found it 'attractive'.......:D

The game is restarting in 15 mins... absolutely ridiculous

My initial thoughts are that that’s pretty disgraceful. UEFA will fall back on “it was at the players requests” but that decision should’ve been taken out of the players hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Maybe, maybe not

Players appear to want to resume. Maybe they feel its important mentally to get back on the pitch

aloooof wrote: »
    My initial thoughts are that that’s pretty disgraceful. UEFA will fall back on “it was at the players requests” but that decision should’ve been taken out of the players hands.

Correct...there is no way a player can make this decision...they are still in shock and the game should have been halted

• Advertisement

Correct...there is no way a player can make this decision...they are still in shock and the game should have been halted

https://twitter.com/DanishFooty/status/1403779252969951244?s=19

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Maybe, maybe not

Players appear to want to resume. Maybe they feel its important mentally to get back on the pitch

I’m not sure. Players will always say they want to play. Completely different circumstances, but players who take a knock to the head would say the same; there’s a reason that decision is taken out of their hands.

It’s a difficult one. I’m interested to hear the likes of Richie Sadliers opinion on it.

I've seen all that...it still isn't the correct decision

I've seen all that...it still isn't the correct decision

Says who?

Maybe the players actually want to get back out there so let them at it.

Says who?

Maybe the players actually want to get back out there so let them at it.

And there are circumstances where that decision is taken out of players hand, for good reason. I don’t think it’s a stretch to suggest that seeing your teammate nearly die on the pitch an hour previous might qualify as one.

The Players made the decision. Eriksen even spoke with a couple of people in the camp.

So long as thats the case, belt on.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,169 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Ewan McKenna has been making a dickhead of himself again. Criticised the English side for not holding their press conference in the wake of Eriksen's collapse. Managed to make it all about him.

Throughout the lockdown he's exposed himself as someone utterly uncaring about the suffering of others. Taken on some Gemma O'Doherty vibes recently about lockdowns and testing etc.

Clegg wrote: »
    has been making a dickhead of himself again. Criticised the English side for not holding their press conference in the wake of Eriksen's collapse. Managed to make it all about him.

Throughout the lockdown he's exposed himself as someone utterly uncaring about the suffering of others. Taken on some Gemma O'Doherty vibes recently about lockdowns and testing etc.

You're better off not mentioning his name or anything he posts to be honest. It just drives people towards his Twitter page and gives the sad little gremlin the attention he craves.

A friend sent me a screenshot of one of his replies earlier which was “I had a friend top themselves lately. Deadline wasn’t extended”.

Even for him, that’s beyond odious. He’s best ignored.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Clegg wrote: »
    has been making a dickhead of himself again. Criticised the English side for not holding their press conference in the wake of Eriksen's collapse. Managed to make it all about him.

He's not worth any headspace thinking about.

Advertisement