Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Thread 5.0

Options

Comments

Will have to leave it there so - those places are completely mental!

Did you get around to watching Reacher yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

I found Reacher a bit dull tbh. Too little story spread over too many episodes maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭MaybeMaybe

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

I binged Reacher and enjoyed it anyway.

• Administrators Posts: 53,763 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Is Reacher your usual US TV military propaganda thing?

American soldier sacrifices everything to save the day type stuff?

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,535 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

I've been enjoying peacemaker lately.

Cena is actually very good in it, it's bonkers

• Registered Users Posts: 8,534 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Big Sky is a decent show! I have added the books, so I don't know if they follow the plot lines.

Nah, not really at all. More of a small group against a giant conspiracy type thing.

Yeah it's bland and predictable but some parts are well written. Willa Fitzpatrick who played the female lead stood out.

I wouldn't say it's all that pro military to be honest, military only comes into it in the sense that the main character has a military background.

Yeah Peacemaker is well worth a watch, got through it over the last two weekends when I realised most of it was written and directed by James Gunn. Couple of genuine laughs per episode and Cena has definitely transitioned over to acting based on that and Suicide squad.

I thought the intro was bizarre and a bit cringe...!

• Advertisement

I thought the intro was bizarre and a bit cringe...!

think its briliiant, never skipped it once in the 8 episodes

Unforgotten is a really good watch!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,078 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

I liked Reacher. I enjoyed the detective element of it. Did not like the

big shootout pew pew explosions

in the final episode but would give it an 8/10.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,144 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

The new Batman film is very good and I'd recommend it to everyone. Gotham looks stunning and is probably the representation of the city ever put to film. It's the best portrayal of Batman since the Nolan films and so much better than the Snyder rubbish.

The big issue is it's pacing however. It's just under three hours long. Editing is an important skill in film making, but despite its long run time, some of the plot points still feel rushed and muddled. Could've taken out 20/30 minutes and the film wouldn't have suffered.

It's a great watch, but just not the greatest ever superhero movie like a lot of online reviews suggest. Hyperbole is a big issue in the Online era. I think the movie is on a similar level to Batman Begins. Very good, but not quite as excellent as The Dark Knight.

I think the Dark Knight found itself in a zeitgeist that wasn't planned for. Both the Economic crash and the death of HL, making that it's iteration is always going to be hard to push beyond a statement piece.

I've big hopes for this.

I've no problem with the run time, I'm well used to that from the loyr/dune etc movie's....

I just would lobe DC to embrace their dark 18+ audience and give their following that which the market vacuum allows

The Dark Knight is not just one of the best comic book movies (potentially the best) but it's an amazing action movie and thriller.

The Batman is phenomenal. I think it might not be the best Batman movie (TDK possibly holds that spot) but it's the best adaptation of the many great graphic novels and if it's not the best Batman movie it's a very close second.

I loved it, can't wait to see it again and whilst it had a few narrative and pacing missteps it was a hugely enjoyable experience all the same. If they go again with this cast, writing and directing crew the next iteration could be something absolutely exceptional.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Batman Returns was the best Batman film for me. A perfect blend of camp humour and genuinely sinister villains.

I think I prefer Batman Begins to TDK in many ways.

Just seems more....batmanny

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,997 ✭✭✭Lost Ormond

Anyone else spending the week watching Cheltenham??

I like Batman begins the best. The Batman is very good too! I reckon Barry Keoghan will be the Joker.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Braindead Gorilla

Bono’s latest effort as he pens a poem to Pelosi for St. Patrick’s day:

Oh St Patrick, he drove out the snakes with his prayers, but that’s not all it takes. With the smoke that symbolises an evil that arises and hides in your heart as it breaks. And the evil risen from the darkness that lives in some men. But in sorrow and fear, that’s when saints can appear, to drive out those snakes once again. And they struggle for us to be free from the psycho in this human family. Ireland’s sorrow and pain is now the Ukraine. And St Patrick’s name , is now Zelensky,

I wonder was he referring to De Velera? Bono is correct we should remove all snakes from Ireland but he supports them?

Post edited by Braindead Gorilla on

• Registered Users Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Honestly, who gives a toss what he thinks?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,845 ✭✭✭hold my beer

My goodness, Irish bank are really becoming a pain in the ass. BOI have a new thing where you can only transfer a max of €1,000 for 48 hours after setting up a new payee. Extremely inconvenient. I can understand that it's to help prevent fraud but effectively they're limiting what you can do with your money for 2 days, and there's no way to opt out of it. BOI especially annoying lately between this and not being able to use my business card online because the clowns didn't implement PS2D properly in time.

The sooner the digital banks blow these dinosaurs away the better.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Taylor Hawkins dead. Awful stuff. Awesome drummer.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Yep, very tragic. Had his struggles but seemed to come through them.

As someone pointed out Dave Grohl is cursed. Drummer in a band who’s lead singer dies. Then goes on to be lead singer in a band and his drummer dies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,845 ✭✭✭hold my beer

Thoughts on Will Smith and Chris Rock. Staged or real? Leaning towards real myself

Will Smith is a punk, if that was real. Seriously!, a joke gets that reaction? Apparently, Jada plays the field and maybe he's insecure.

I don't watch these clowns , just saw it on the news. Straight up gobshitery

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

100% real. No way Will Smith uses the F word like that unless he's serious.

Advertisement