Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Thread 5.0

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Eh lads, no Irish politics ;)

nzC1fqo.jpg

Ice cream vans should be banned from estates.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Ice cream vans should be banned from estates.

Agreed.

Lets start a petition:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Now awec, Zzippy. Please focus your energies on the real enemy: That scoundrel Buer.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Now awec, Zzippy. Please focus your energies on the real enemy: That scoundrel Buer.

Why are you picking on Buer?

Is it not better fun to watch the mods quarrel?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,234 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Stheno wrote: »

Thomond is a cyber bully. It's as simple as that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Shut up Thomond.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Is it not better fun to watch the mods quarrel?

Who would you put your money on? I would have gone with Awec because he has those psycho nordie genes but I thinking years of living in Dublin sipping lattes and eating vegan bacon and pear sandwiches may have made him soft.

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    Who would you put your money on? I would have gone with Awec because he has those psycho nordie genes but I thinking years of living in Dublin sipping lattes and eating vegan bacon and pear sandwiches may have made him soft.

Nah, definitely Zzippy, awec may have the nordie psycho genes, but he's a long thin streak of misery

Zzippy was a GAA player was he not?

I reckon it would be like Peter Crouch vs Andrew Porter :D

• Advertisement

Awec will buy Zzippy a pint. It turns out to be Harp which gives Zzippy the runs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Zzippy would just need to show Awec a picture of David Nucifora and while Awec is distracted tearing the picture into tiny little pieces, Zzippy could get in a nice cheap shot and end it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    Zzippy would just need to show Awec a picture of David Nucifora and while Awec is distracted tearing the picture into tiny little pieces, Zzippy could get in a nice cheap shot and end it.
    I think awec would counter that by telling Zzippy that Nucifora wants Connacht to be reduced to amateur status. Stalemate.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

prawnsambo wrote: »
    I think awec would counter that by telling Zzippy that Nucifora wants Connacht to be reduced to amateur status. Stalemate.

Reduced?

Reduced?

You're for it now, we've two Connacht supporting mods :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,806 ✭✭✭b.gud

Awec will buy Zzippy a pint. It turns out to be Harp which gives Zzippy the runs.

Inadvertently getting awec a little too excited

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭DGRulz

A thomand v Buer undercard with a Mod Vs Mod Main Event is the starts of a very good card. If YouTubers can rake in millions of PPV buys, why not Boardsies. :P

b.gud wrote: »

I had forgotten about that particular reference. Thank you for reminding me 😂

b.gud wrote: »

Christ, I'd forgotten that.

On an entirely different topic, has anyone found they've lost weight during the past few months?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Been doing a lot of running so yep. The lightest weight I've been in years. Signed up for that 100kin30days.ie challenge

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

I lost weight initially but I’ve put more on now. I’ve lost muscle as well so I’ve been set back a long way. Main reason I’m looking forward to getting home is my gym stuff there, if I’d known I’d be here this long I would have bought some

I've not been eating the vast amounts of crap I used have in the office and have lost weight as a result

DGRulz wrote: »
    A thomand v Buer undercard with a Mod Vs Mod Main Event is the starts of a very good card. If YouTubers can rake in millions of PPV buys, why not Boardsies. :P

Buer and I are many things, but undercard we are not!

Become a Mod or Admin and we'll talk, until then, you're the warm up act.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,234 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Munster fan in thinking they're still relevant.

Shock.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,568 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

I've not been eating the vast amounts of crap I used have in the office and have lost weight as a result

I'm eating far more amounts of crap from my kitchen

I have to laugh at the media posting the picture of the banner from last night's Premier League match and calling it a total disgrace or similar.

I would say it's a disgrace to exploit the picture for retweets and clicks. Now the picture is out there and will be spread around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

I have to laugh at the media posting the picture of the banner from last night's Premier League match and calling it a total disgrace or similar.

I would say it's a disgrace to exploit the picture for retweets and clicks. Now the picture is out there and will be spread around.

Ah in fairness it's big news. It's the job of the media to report the news.

I agree it's big news and I'm not suggesting to not report on it. My problem is with media exploiting the image for clicks. Talksport for example tweeted the image calling it a total disgrace. It's all for retweets. You can report it without giving these clowns the attention they crave.

Even the BBC have the image on an article on their website. Ridiculous.

• Advertisement

I agree it's big news and I'm not suggesting to not report on it. My problem is with media exploiting the image for clicks. Talksport for example tweeted the image calling it a total disgrace. It's all for retweets. You can report it without giving these clowns the attention they crave.

Even the BBC have the image on an article on their website. Ridiculous.

I had no idea what these posts are about, had to Google it. Is the circle complete now?

Advertisement