Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Thread 5.0

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Stheno wrote: »
    Nah, definitely Zzippy, awec may have the nordie psycho genes, but he's a long thin streak of misery

Zzippy was a GAA player was he not?

I reckon it would be like Peter Crouch vs Andrew Porter :D

I was. A less than skilful wing back with a penchant for avoiding fights. Like your description of awec, just shorter! Let's call it a draw ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

So I've a sore knee for a week and decide that a trip to a physio is in order.
    Takes a good look at my stance, movement, flexibility etc.

Turns out my hip is bollixed and not my knee!! Works on the muscles at my hip and a few stretching exercises and the pain is gone.

Just be careful if you get a pain in your toe as it might be your elbow that is fcuked or a sore neck could be a dodgy ankle.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

mfceiling wrote: »

Turns out my hip is bollixed and not my knee!! Works on the muscles at my hip and a few stretching exercises and the pain is gone.

Just be careful if you get a pain in your toe as it might be your elbow that is fcuked or a sore neck could be a dodgy ankle.
    Not that strange. You've been protecting your hip and all the strain is being taken up by your knee.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,234 ✭✭✭✭Buer

And you're old.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

That's normal, you will overcompensate :)
    Buer wrote: »
    And you're old.

Ah here, don't be a monster. I'd to get varifocals recently :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

And you're old.

45 and I'm slowly falling to pieces.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

• Registered Users Posts: 24,234 ✭✭✭✭Buer

45 and I'm slowly falling to pieces.

Yeah, that'll happen. My ankle buckled under me last week and I went down like a tonne of bricks when out for a walk in the park. In recent months, my ankles and knees ache for the first five minutes after getting up each day.

I shudder to think what it's going to be like when I'm 65.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Yeah, that'll happen. My ankle buckled under me last week and I went down like a tonne of bricks when out for a walk in the park. In recent months, my ankles and knees ache for the first five minutes after getting up each day.

I shudder to think what it's going to be like when I'm 65.

I'm the same. Doing a few stretches always helps but it's hard to do them as much as I should

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,931 ✭✭✭jacothelad

Podge_irl wrote: »
    To make it a more broad issue, an acceptance has to be had for compromise and realising that having <10% of the elected representatives means you don't get all your manifesto implemented (and that said, I think the PfG is decently green heavy). I think countries such as Netherlands are far more used to having broad coalitions without a necessarily dominant party. Maybe its good we go in that direction but we'll have to acknowledge that parties need freedom to negotiate - even with their "core" beliefs.

I think the UK electorate will deeply regret the hammering they gave the LibDems for going into coalition with the Tories (if they don't already). It is now abundantly clear that the LDs had a significant ameliorating impact on the govt and with their decimation we have seen a quasi 2 party state developing which had 2 awful options up until pretty recently. But they aren't used to coalition and reneging on the student fees issue doomed the LDs, no matter what other aspects of their manifesto they got in. Things like the free school meals for everyone were absolutely key elements that no one cares about.

As the price for supporting the Tories in 2010, the Lib Dems sold their soul on student fees and got a referendum on PR. They of course could have formed a government with Gordon Brown and Labour but put another nail in their coffin by backing the Cameron cult. They had got 6,836,824 votes across all constituencies in the election- 23% or just about one quarter of the total vote. They only got 57 seats about 9% of the total .

The Tories got 10,703,754 votes......36% . 13% more than the L Ds yet got 47% (306) seats. Sadly, the morons in the Labour Party were too stupid to back the referendum and it failed thus ensuring a country governed in perpetuity by Eton educated moronic bigots and self-congratulatory crooks.

Labour then shot themselves in both feet, knees elbows and testicles by handing the party lock, stock and barrel to a cabal led by Len \McCluskey and a coterie of left wing loons. They rigged the leadership election to install a cretinous rube in the form of Ed Milliband.. a man with the leadership skills of a tramp's sock. Once they had good old Mr. Ed in the stable they changed the rules to allow any fool to pay £3.00 to give them a vote on who should be leader, thus paving the way for the walking disaster that is Corbyn. A vacant, amoral fool with the political intellect of a rather half witted fourth former with learning difficulties. He is an idiot and a dangerous one at that.

Thomond is a cyber bully. It's as simple as that.
    ...and a card carrying member of the Pyjama Party.....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

jacothelad wrote: »
    As the price for supporting the Tories in 2010, the Lib Dems sold their soul on student fees and got a referendum on PR. They of course could have formed a government with Gordon Brown and Labour but put another nail in their coffin by backing the Cameron cult. They had got 6,836,824 votes across all constituencies in the election- 23% or just about one quarter of the total vote. They only got 57 seats about 9% of the total .

The Tories got 10,703,754 votes......36% . 13% more than the L Ds yet got 47% (306) seats. Sadly, the morons in the Labour Party were too stupid to back the referendum and it failed thus ensuring a country governed in perpetuity by Eton educated moronic bigots and self-congratulatory crooks.

Labour then shot themselves in both feet, knees elbows and testicles by handing the party lock, stock and barrel to a cabal led by Len \McCluskey and a coterie of left wing loons. They rigged the leadership election to install a cretinous rube in the form of Ed Milliband.. a man with the leadership skills of a tramp's sock. Once they had good old Mr. Ed in the stable they changed the rules to allow any fool to pay £3.00 to give them a vote on who should be leader, thus paving the way for the walking disaster that is Corbyn. A vacant, amoral fool with the political intellect of a rather half witted fourth former with learning difficulties. He is an idiot and a dangerous one at that.
    I think the phrase “if he has brains he’d be dangerous” was invented for Corbyn. He strikes me as an idealist, with only a very fragile grip on reality. Not sure I’d describe him as dangerous though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,806 ✭✭✭b.gud

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Can I just say that I love reading Jaco's political commentary. The passion and the insults are a beautiful combination.

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    Can I just say that I love reading Jaco's political commentary. The passion and the insults are a beautiful combination.

You would like my facebook page then...:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

jacothelad wrote: »
    You would like my facebook page then...:D:D:D:D:D:D

Feel free to PM a link and I'll follow you. Obviously if you prefer to maintain your anonymity, I completely understand and will continue to get a giggle out of your posts here. Either way, keep 'em coming.

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    Feel free to PM a link and I'll follow you. Obviously if you prefer to maintain your anonymity, I completely understand and will continue to get a giggle out of your posts here. Either way, keep 'em coming.

Done. Enjoy......:D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

ANOTHER ARTICLE FROM THEJOURNAL PUSHING THE OFFICIAL NARRATIVE, WHEN ARE YOU FINALLY GOING TO INVESTIGATE HOW THE GOLDEN CIRCLE INSTALLED 5G AND DESTROYED BREAKFAST ROLLS? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

stephen_n wrote: »
    I think the phrase “if he has brains he’d be dangerous” was invented for Corbyn. He strikes me as an idealist, with only a very fragile grip on reality. Not sure I’d describe him as dangerous though.
    He's the brains of the family. Have you seen his brother Piers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,638 ✭✭✭clsmooth

Anyone done an online TEFL course? I’m thinking it might be a nice way to earn a few quid whilst out of work.. Can anyone recommend a course or are they all pretty much the same unless you want to actually do class room teaching? The idea is to do a 120 hour course and hopefully do some conversational lessons whilst I have all this free time!

prawnsambo wrote: »
    He's the brains of the family. Have you seen his brother Piers?

Yeah saw him at that anti lockdown protest :eek: he makes Jermey look useful.

clsmooth wrote: »
    Anyone done an online TEFL course? I’m thinking it might be a nice way to earn a few quid whilst out of work.. Can anyone recommend a course or are they all pretty much the same unless you want to actually do class room teaching? The idea is to do a 120 hour course and hopefully do some conversational lessons whilst I have all this free time!

My daughter did before heading to Korea to teach. Seems to be a reasonable amount of work both here and abroad once you complete it. I could check with her which one she used.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭swiwi_

I’m surprised Trump has kept the “make America great again” slogan. Makes it sound like he’s done nothing in his 4 years in power (true, but....). Thought he might have gone with something like “make America even better”.

He might be in for a humiliating loss the way things are going.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

swiwi_ wrote: »
    I’m surprised Trump has kept the “make America great again” slogan. Makes it sound like he’s done nothing in his 4 years in power (true, but....). Thought he might have gone with something like “make America even better”.

I'm looking forward to the meltdown if the EU put the US on the list of countries they will not allow entry to the EU

I'm looking forward to the meltdown if the EU put the US on the list of countries they will not allow entry to the EU

I think that's almost a certainty at that point. It's utterly exploding in parts of America and there seems to be no appetite to stem it in any meaningful way.

I honestly don't know what's going to happen or how this will play out, but an awful lot of people are about to get sick. Failed state.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭swiwi_

If they have any sense they will. Would you trust a planeload of pensioners from New York to be Covid-free?

swiwi_ wrote: »

Think they tried to change it to keep America great again but the Magats couldn’t get their heads around it.

• Advertisement

Trump's popularity is tanking quite hard now:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Politics_Polls/status/1276117986449948674

Texas has just announced that it's effectively going back into lockdown. Florida probably not far behind - whether they take action or not we'll have to see.

Advertisement