Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Thread 5.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭MaybeMaybe

Biden must be worried. Was there much contact between them during the debate?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭kuang1

Bazzo wrote: »
    He's claiming he has it anyway. Call me paranoid but I'm hesitant to believe any information a pathological liar voluntarily divulges.

You couldn't believe a word out of them.
    MaybeMaybe wrote: »
    Biden must be worried. Was there much contact between them during the debate?

Given the timing you'd be a bit suspicious!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭DGRulz

The timing is indeed suspicious, CNN running with this the last hour - https://youtu.be/VEzcWFtEhe8

• Subscribers Posts: 41,493 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

As a little aside to the trump madness, priti Patel in the UK has some of her own.

She wanted to consider sending asylum seekers to the ascencion Islands.... 6500 km away from Britain.🀣

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.sky.com/story/amp/priti-patel-considered-sending-asylum-seekers-to-isolated-atlantic-islands-12085604

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭swiwi_

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Confirmed by the NYT - Trump and Melania both have it.

Thoughts and prayers with the virus.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

My uncle just texted...."so now the virus has jumped from human to pumpkin".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,931 ✭✭✭jacothelad

swiwi_ wrote: »
    I don’t understand why the EU wastes money on lawyers for legal action. Just tell Downing Street, sorry but exports to the EU and access to the job market are closed (I doubt the EU depends on exports to England to survive).

The UK buys £372,000,000,000 of goods from the EU every year. The EU buys
    £300,000,000,000 from the UK. I think £372 billion of lost trade to the EU will not be easily absorbed. Ireland sells £24.4 billion of goods etc to the UK, again quite a loss.

stephen_n wrote: »
    Sure you probably remember the good old days when Coke had cocaine in it?

When did they stop? It's been hell snorting the new Coke Zero. It makes a hell of a mess but you get very clean sinuses......:D

jacothelad wrote: »
    £300,000,000,000 from the UK. I think £372 billion of lost trade to the EU will not be easily absorbed. Ireland sells £24.4 billion of goods etc to the UK, again quite a loss.

What does the EU buy from the UK? Finest Ceylon tea? Cream crackers? Mango chutney?

I imagine most of that money is financial services.

• Advertisement

Trump waiting for a Covid test result after a close aid (Hope Hicks) tested positive...

It seems I was completely wrong. There is a God. Now that the putrid, orange haemorrhoid and his Harpie gold digger wife have Covid-19 it's got to be true.

Edit. Actually I've changed my mind. I had forgotten that the disgusting, sexually incontinent, lying, incompetent blob of diarrhoea and granny killer in No.10 recovered.

It seems I was completely wrong. There is a God. Now that the putrid, orange haemorrhoid and his Harpie gold digger wife have Covid-19 it's got to be true.

Edit. Actually I've changed my mind. I had forgotten that the disgusting, sexually incontinent, lying, incompetent blob of diarrhoea and granny killer in No.10 recovered.

Upsides for trump having the virus?
    Gets to avoid at least one of the debates maybe?

Hoping for a similar Spike in approval ratings that Boris experienced immediately after recovering... Just in time for Nov 3rd?

Gets to manipulate the stock market big time and cash in?

But I'm not sceptical ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,365 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

kuang1 wrote: »
    Upsides for trump having the virus?

"having"

What does the EU buy from the UK? Finest Ceylon tea? Cream crackers? Mango chutney?

I imagine most of that money is financial services.

......................................BILLIONS............%

Petroleum, petroleum products 20.0.........................11.8%

Road vehicles 17.3 ............................................10.2%
    Other transport equipment 9.95.................................8%

Miscellaneous manufactured articles 9.45.................5%
    Medicinal & pharmaceutical products9.25.................4%

General industrial machinery & eqp.6.9.....................4.1%

Electrical machinery & appliances 6.8.......................4.0%

Power generating machinery 6.7................................3.9%

Articles of apparel & clothing accessories 5.3............3.1%

Telecomms app. & eqp. 4.4.........................................2.6%

iN 2019, road vehicles were the UK’s single largest import from the EU, valued at £49 billion, 18% of all UK goods imports from the EU and 45% of all UK imports of road vehicles.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

It'll certainly impact the EU to a degree, no question, and especially in Ireland.

But to put those figures in context, the EU typically runs at about a 150bn to 200bn surplus each year (exports-imports).

My bet is the EU would find it a lot easier to replace UK revenues, than the UK would find it to replace EU produce.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I had forgotten that the disgusting, sexually incontinent, lying, incompetent blob of diarrhoea and granny killer in No.10 recovered.

Think that's your best yet Jaco

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

934 new cases in NI. Christ.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

That's insane

• Subscribers Posts: 41,493 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Prime example why a zero covid approach here wouldn't work

mfceiling wrote: »
    My uncle just texted...."so now the virus has jumped from human to pumpkin".

As Trump’s supporters would say, in gourd we trust.

• Advertisement

Family-xlarge_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqbxDLcJXmWKMflaYILX8S0yxsAQgS1_UZfrSkg1PzTaA.jpg

Lack of taste - a classic symptom of Covid-19.

Family-xlarge_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqbxDLcJXmWKMflaYILX8S0yxsAQgS1_UZfrSkg1PzTaA.jpg

Lack of taste - a classic symptom of Covid-19.

Caption competition surely!

(is that Eric btw?)

• Administrators Posts: 53,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

kuang1 wrote: »
    Caption competition surely!

(is that Eric btw?)

It's Barron, his son with Melania.

awec wrote: »
    It's Barron, his son with Melania.

Oh right ta... Not too clear on who his kids were mummed by!

• Administrators Posts: 53,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I do have to wonder just how close Donald got to Hope Hicks to either contract or give her covid.

I wonder if any of the other advisors or family members get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,650 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

awec wrote: »
    I do have to wonder just how close Donald got to Hope Hicks to either contract or give her covid.

I wonder if any of the other advisors or family members get it.

She travelled with them on AF1 to the debate in Ohio apparently. Jim Jordan's getting tested as well, he travelled with them too, which would be the tell tale sign I guess outside of any secret service members etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Pence tested negative. First case of the pandemic where someone hoped for a positive result, as he now must face the mauling from Harris next week in the VP debate.

Biden has also tested negative, thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Pence tested negative. First case of the pandemic where someone hoped for a positive result, as he now must face the mauling from Harris next week in the VP debate.

Biden has also tested negative, thankfully.
    I'd be waiting a few days before I would feel I'm home and clear. You can be incubating and not test positive.

Edit: The test they use in the WH is a rapid test with a 51% false negative rate. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

With 600 fans in the Kingspan tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

prawnsambo wrote: »
    I'd be waiting a few days before I would feel I'm home and clear. You can be incubating and not test positive.

Edit: The test they use in the WH is a rapid test with a 51% false negative rate. :eek:

The test is functionally useless anyway if they're taking their daily dose of hydroxychloroquine

Advertisement