Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keelings & covid-19

Options
  • 01-05-2020 5:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

One way to teach Keelings they were wrong os to boycott their strawberries - buy only delicious Dutch or Wexford!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭Odelay

Lol. Who do you think picks the Dutch or Wexford strawberries??? Have a wee think about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

What has keelings got to do with gardening?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,341 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

You’re dead right!

I only like my strawberries picked by Bulgarians who flew here on a commercial flight and not a charter flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭bizidea

Used to buy a lot of keelings products but go out of my way now not to buy them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

I bought a pineapple instead of raspberries last night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

a keeling's pineapple?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Nonsense thread, any gardener ought to know that crops needs picking and planting and that they've put in as much social distancing/health checking as any other company - probably more in fact due to the outrage.

Nonsense thread, any gardener ought to know that crops needs picking and planting and that they've put in as much social distancing/health checking as any other company - probably more in fact due to the outrage.

I wonder was there much social distancing on the flight they chartered

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I believe they were in two week quarantine prior to the flight. Naturally I'm not privy to the seating arrangement on the plane. I wonder if the ones and twos who enter the country without any plan of action are getting it in the neck from internet typists!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭GinSoaked

I believe the thread was created by a rereg just to try and create outrage, they are obviously succeeding.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Sowing the seeds of discord, wha'?

New Home wrote: »
    Sowing the seeds of discord, wha'?

Well that grew legs:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭standardg60

Opened this thread with a sense of trepidation..faith gladly restored!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

fryup wrote: »
    a keeling's pineapple?

No, Fyffes!

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭westsidestory

Pesky foreigners doing the work that Irish people won't. Tut-tut!

Pesky greed tut tut keelings

bizidea wrote: »
    Pesky greed tut tut keelings

If they ploughed the fruit Into the ground, would that have been a better option for you?

They were taking the chance of ploughing people into the ground both irish and Bulgarian citizens by moving people from the other side of Europe in the middle of the worst health crisis the world has seen in a century.
    The last one killed an estimated 100 million people I'd rather let the stawberries rot in the ground that some person.
    It says a lot about you as a person looking at the option you seem to prefer

• Registered Users Posts: 31,071 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Character assassination in the Gardening forum.

Haven't we done well.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cionn

Just happened to come across this thread, There seems to be a bit of Gemma O'Doherty growing around it. Needs pruning. Factory shop is less than 5 km from me, thanks for the reminder.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,486 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

The distance only relates to exercise activity, and not to shopping.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,583 ✭✭✭Penfailed

They were taking the chance of ploughing people into the ground both irish and Bulgarian citizens by moving people from the other side of Europe in the middle of the worst health crisis the world has seen in a century.
    The last one killed an estimated 100 million people I'd rather let the stawberries rot in the ground that some person.

Won't someone think of the children?!

C'mon. They quarantined for the recommended time.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

This boycott Keelings nonsense is a campaign by the usual bitter vindictive people trapped in the didappointment of their unfulfilled lives, waking each morning to search for some target to vent their rage on. Know nothing about who owns or runs Keelings but expect they are just normal people doing their best not to lose their livelihood in difficiult times. How about just getting on with your own lives and addresing whatever is eating away at you rather than orchestrating malicious campaigns against other people?

Ah yeah carry on dont worry about it we will all be grand

• Registered Users Posts: 15,341 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Meanwhile SINCE this ‘furore’ kicked off, Keelings only managed to find 78 suitable Irish people to fulfil their picking needs!

So all those hundreds of folks (a lot of them on Boards) who said they’d be happy to go and pick fruit never materialised......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭GinSoaked

The biggest nonsense here is the lack of moderation and allowing a political thread to continue in the Gardening forum, about as sensible as taking about shooting deer in Animal and Pet Issues.

Well on a different note thankfully I wont need to rely on keelings anyway I've about 300 strawberry plants some in raised beds some in pots and around a 100 plants in a polytunnel.should be well supplied from june to september

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭codie

Truthvader wrote: »
    This boycott Keelings nonsense is a campaign by the usual bitter vindictive people trapped in the didappointment of their unfulfilled lives, waking each morning to search for some target to vent their rage on. Know nothing about who owns or runs Keelings but expect they are just normal people doing their best not to lose their livelihood in difficiult times. How about just getting on with your own lives and addresing whatever is eating away at you rather than orchestrating malicious campaigns against other people?

So basically you are saying you are against a person having freedom of speech and that anyone trying to express their opinion is some kind of a raging dumbwit with nothing to do only figure out on a daily basis who will it be today. Have you previously lived in a communist country ? Maybe it's your own life that's unfulfilled and deep down you are raging. If one decides to take a boycott on Keelings so be it. That's their constitutional right.
    No need to insult them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,583 ✭✭✭Penfailed

GinSoaked wrote: »
    The biggest nonsense here is the lack of moderation and allowing a political thread to continue in the Gardening forum, about as sensible as taking about shooting deer in Animal and Pet Issues.

Did you report the post to bring it to a moderators attention? If they don't know about it how can they act?

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Well on a different note thankfully I wont need to rely on keelings anyway I've about 300 strawberry plants some in raised beds some in pots and around a 100 plants in a polytunnel.should be well supplied from june to september

All that's missing, apart from the cream, are the Bulgarians.....!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement