Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions - May 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭pauldry

Gone very dull in Sligo now.

Rain?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

22.2c atm in Dublin 16. Sunny and breezy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,779 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Lovely day in Limk City. Sunny with some high cirrus cloud. Slightly marred by a gusty SE wind. 22c atm.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

23.0c atm in Dublin 16.

High of 23.3c today in Dublin 16. 20.4c atm. Breeze has disappeared.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

Disappointing evening in the north east. Bank of cloud that barely moved blocked out the sun and sea breezes made it unpleasant to sit out. Needs improvement.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Grand and warm here near Tralee again this afternoon getting up to 23.6C despite the strong breeze , which is a bit at odds with Shannon and Kerry Airport who recorded lower, Shannon 21.7C, the bit of shelter adding on a degree or so at times here I think .

Still warm at 19.3C

Winds lighter now but quite steady and fresh today getting up to 40 km/h

Nice evening with bigger Altocumulus about now. Been a feature of today with lots of virga but nothing hitting the ground. Signs of some elevated convection forming here this evening.

Rh 70%

Bar 1018.0 hPa Steady

Just noticed the virga and high-level convection a little while ago here in Limerick.

5G5Wbrdl.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Bit bigger here over Kerry atm

CuiYBE8.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Goldfinch8

I found the various cloud types one of the most interesting things about today's weather. Still a nice sky here this eve actually. I am just wondering did I happen to see a brief glimpse of Kelvin Helmholtz clouds here in Mayo this afternoon? I am no expert at all but just have a fascination about the different cloud types. When I first saw them, the wave pattern was much more pronounced. By the time I got my phone and took a quick snap, they were already dissipating. A minute or so later, it had gone totally. I will attach the rushed snap. It is probably nothing of note at all but my curiosity has just got the better of me. Thanks.

• Advertisement

Looks like it all right Goldfinch, loads of cloud types around today and this evening, seeing elevated convection over the mountains and a lenticular parked in the lee of the mountains out along Tralee Bay and just took this shot of an Altocumuls with virga a moment ago.

ZtLYBqy.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭DumbBrunette

Well spotted!! I was going to post about the cloudscapes in Mayo today, lovely Ac, cirrus with virga and a few standing wave clouds too :)
    Goldfinch8 wrote: »
    I found the various cloud types one of the most interesting things about today's weather. Still a nice sky here this eve actually. I am just wondering did I happen to see a brief glimpse of Kelvin Helmholtz clouds here in Mayo this afternoon? I am no expert at all but just have a fascination about the different cloud types. When I first saw them, the wave pattern was much more pronounced. By the time I got my phone and took a quick snap, they were already dissipating. A minute or so later, it had gone totally. I will attach the rushed snap. It is probably nothing of note at all but my curiosity has just got the better of me. Thanks.

Goldfinch8 wrote: »

Kelvin-Helmholtz clouds. A nice example you spotted there, Goldfinch.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Goldfinch8

Appreciate the replies and the great example above. Thank you.

Bright breezy and sunny morning in Limk City. 17.1c atm, 1020.2 hPa.

Lovely morning in Dublin 16. Yesterdays breeze is gone. Sunny. 17.0c atm.

Hazy sunny morning, 17C and breezy near Tralee.

21.5c now in Dublin 16. Breezy now.

19.8C quite breezy but great day.

22.5c now in Dublin 16 with some high level cloud.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Cold enough in Dundalk with a strong easterly wind. Same as yesterday. You wouldn’t sit out unless you were well shielded from the wind.

Warmed up, breeze eased

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Sunny and breezy. High Level Clouds dimming the sunshine at times. Temp 19.7c

https://www.waterfordcityweather.com

Clear and sunny but breezy in Limk City. 24.8c atm and some very nice high cirrus clouds to look at.

Qh8SdDtl.jpg

24.5 now here near Tralee, still got a breeze but glad of, out doing gardening and had to come in out of it for chilled water, bliss!!

High of 23.7c today in Dublin 16. 18.3c atm.

Sunny and breezy start in Dublin 16. 18.7c atm.

Bright morning in Limk City with hazy sunshine. A little high-level convection going on. 18.2c, 1020.2 hPa.

Steady 21.3C near Tralee, layer of Cirrostratus now with only a few milky blue breaks, light SE breeze.

Rh 57%

Bar 1018.5 hPa

20.0c atm in Dublin 16. Wind has decreased a bit.

• Advertisement

Cloud has broken up quite a bit and temperatures have climbed quickly to 24.1C.

Breeze picked up a bit now but very welcome.

Advertisement