Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slow site performance

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

It was horrendously slow for me until I just wiped all site data from my Chrome browser and signed in fresh. Flying along perfectly fine now for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

It’s awfully slow for me on my iPad. My phone is slightly better but that’s not saying much. Every other site is very fast so it’s not on my end and from looking at others it’s not just me thankfully. I hope this post actually posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,352 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Mine was like a lame snail all day, but I'm on Chrome on a tablet now and it's fine. Thank Gawd!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Slow as fook atm

• Registered Users Posts: 46,098 ✭✭✭✭muffler

johnmcdnl wrote: »
    It was horrendously slow for me until I just wiped all site data from my Chrome browser and signed in fresh. Flying along perfectly fine now for me.
    yup, done the same and its flying now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Tork

I tried clearing everything in a few browsers on phone and tablet. No luck. It’s still moving at the speed of an arthritic snail on both full and touch :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

johnmcdnl wrote: »

Yup this worked for me too.

Last night was dreadfully slow and same again this morning then I deleted all the history and cache and it's back to normal now.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Summer2020

Is there any update on when this might be sorted out? Has taken 3-4 minutes to get to the stage of posting this message.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,338 ✭✭✭CH3OH

I dont know if it is related to the amount of users on site but last night was very bad. Practically unusable on mobile. It seemed to improve a bit when I cleared history.
    But the desktop site on laptop seemed ok

Mobile seems ok this morning but the old post issue is annoying

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Still painfully slow here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Same. Tried clearing cache/history as above but no change on Desktop. Touch site on mobile seems OK though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭GinSoaked

It would be good if someone could update the thread title or post #1. I managed to navigate here after what seemed like and age and thought "Oh Great" Post #1 will have an update about whats wrong with the site - no it didn't more time wasted. At least after some more waiting around I eventually discovered it wasn't just me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Painfully slow on touch site on android mobile but tried my android tablet and it is perfect.
    I cleared cache and history on phone but no luck. Error 524 timeout.

Fixed?
    It's flying now...
    Well, it was when I posted that, back to slo-mo mode now, probably lost a few squirrels.

GinSoaked wrote: »
    It would be good if someone could update the thread title or post #1. I managed to navigate here after what seemed like and age and thought "Oh Great" Post #1 will have an update about whats wrong with the site - no it didn't more time wasted. At least after some more waiting around I eventually discovered it wasn't just me.
    Yeah, What is wrong with the site? (Please read updated post #1(2017))

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

GinSoaked wrote: »

I've separated out the new posts from the old thread so that people don't have to work through old posts. Thanks for the suggestion.

Unfortunately, we don't have an update to share. At the moment, all I can do is apologise for the ongoing disruption. I know it's frustrating, but thank you all for any patience that you can muster up as we work through these issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Tork

At this stage, I'd be happier if they just took the site offline and did whatever they need to do to sort this, rather than schedule it. Stick something on social media so people can find out what's going on. Boards is unusable at the moment.

I've separated out the new posts from the old thread so that people don't have to work through old posts. Thanks for the suggestion.

Unfortunately, we don't have an update to share. At the moment, all I can do is apologise for the ongoing disruption. I know it's frustrating, but thank you all for any patience that you can muster up as we work through these issues.

Thanks, I think a lot of people would be happy to find out as quickly as possible that its not just them. Thats the only reason I came to Feedback. I really didn't want to be clearing cache etc and having to remember and retype URL's that Google Chrome normally fills in for me from cache if I didn't need to.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,587 ✭✭✭Penfailed

It's still crawling here. It takes so long to put up a post that people are trying again resulting in double posts all over the shop.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Has been unusable since yesterday, touch site on phone.

Another poster, duvet day, suggested using incognito tab.
    Working fine for me.

• Advertisement
  • Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

For what it's worth, Chrome incognito has also been working out fine for me for the most part. Did encounter one 500 error when posting, so I typically copy my post just in case.

Could Boards.ie please just be taken down for the moment, it’s just beyond frustrating. Surely it’s easier to just shut it down, fix it, and put a notice on social media and The Journal when it’s fixed.
    Someone else just suggested this too.

Could Boards.ie please just be taken down for the moment, it’s just beyond frustrating. Surely it’s easier to just shut it down, fix it, and put a notice on social media and The Journal when it’s fixed.
    Someone else just suggested this too.
    It's only ten seconds or so, I just click on a post and while it's loading, I go back to the(home) work computer, when I look back the page is loaded! :)

Some of us can remember when it took a day to get a file from the "archive department", a staffed room full of filing cabinets and a paper form that needed filling in to get the file extracted. :P

So ten seconds isn't a worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,250 ✭✭✭Elessar

Just to note for anyone here: Clearing my cache data for boards.ie in Safari then restarting the browser seems to have resolved the issue. Links are loading as fast as normal now.

Try clearing your cache.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

Would you "worry" at 45 seconds?

EDIT: Sorry, change that to 65 seconds plus 50 seconds to get to this edit and ?? to save the edit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul

It ain't road rage, it's load rage

• Registered Users Posts: 46,098 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Its going fine for me since clearing the cache last night. However Im not receiving email notifications for new posts in followed thread... apart from an odd one here and there. Not sure if thats Boards related or something to do with gmail but I dont think I have an issue with emails in general from other places.

Edit/took about 20 seconds for this post to display

Would you "worry" at 45 seconds?

EDIT: Sorry, change that to 65 seconds plus 50 seconds to get to this edit and ?? to save the edit.
    Boards.ie is not my work, it's what I look at between work tasks.
    It's not a necessity to me, it's a "nice to have", anyway I have multiple tabs open here co can do other things (as well as work) while waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

Boards.ie is not my work, it's what I look at between work tasks.
    It's not a necessity to me, it's a "nice to have", anyway I have multiple tabs open here co can do other things (as well as work) while waiting.

Yawwwwwwwnnn......

• Advertisement

I don't like clearing my cache and won't do it because its a bit of a support cop out. Why should I loose features from other sites that rely on the cache because one site is playing up?

Instead I change browser to one that I haven't used on boards.ie. Initially I got a few odd error pages then it settled down and now I'm posting using Opera instead of Chrome and speed is back to normal.

Advertisement