If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

40 - 43 inch Smart TV with Wifi

Options
  • 01-05-2020 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭

Hi,

I haven't bought a TV for 10 years and I'm afraid TV specs and lingo have moved on beyond my knowledge!

Im looking for a TV with a max size of 43 inches as it needs to fit into a smaller space and would like to know what you would recommend. It needs to be able to connect to my home network via Wifi and have the usual Smart TV apps for Netflix etc...  Id rather not pay much more than 700/800 euro but budget can stretch if needed. As I say, I don't really know what specs I am looking for -QLED, 4K, OLED, Smart LED??! I just need a good picture!

I also need a wall mount that is fully adjustable - I like the look of the Sanus vmf 720 as the wall fixing looks like it would suit where I need it to go.

Can you give me a couple of suggestions? 

Many thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hi,

I haven't bought a TV for 10 years and I'm afraid TV specs and lingo have moved on beyond my knowledge!

Im looking for a TV with a max size of 43 inches as it needs to fit into a smaller space and would like to know what you would recommend. It needs to be able to connect to my home network via Wifi and have the usual Smart TV apps for Netflix etc...  Id rather not pay much more than 700/800 euro but budget can stretch if needed. As I say, I don't really know what specs I am looking for -QLED, 4K, OLED, Smart LED??! I just need a good picture!

I also need a wall mount that is fully adjustable - I like the look of the Sanus vmf 720 as the wall fixing looks like it would suit where I need it to go.

Can you give me a couple of suggestions? 

Many thanks
    Hi Blondeonblonde.

Thanks for the post.

At the moment the smallest OLED that will be on the market will be 48" so that will rule them out unfortunately.

You could check out the QLED the Samsung Q43Q60r priced at 549 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203991-samsung-qe43q60r-43-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-qled-tv-tvplus.aspx

One of the best 43" on the market in my opinion would be the Sony 43XG8196 priced at 599 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203986-sony-bravia-kd43xg8196bu-43-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-android-tv-youview.aspx

On the Sanus VMF720 it will fit the above sets and is already on a great deal at 99 euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204141-sanus-vmf720-black-32-55-inch-cantilever-tv-bracket.aspx

The televisions come with our 6 year guarantee free of charge and delivery is also included in the pricing.

Let me know your thoughts.

Kenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭blondeonblonde

Thanks Kenny, 

I've been having a look online at this:

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204065-lg-43um7500pla-43-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx

Can you give me your best price on this with the Sanus vmf720 (if it's compatible?)

Also this one please, https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204029-panasonic-tx40gx800b-40-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx

I'd prefer the bigger screen but my space is really tight so want a price on the smaller Panasonic too.

Thanks again

Thanks Kenny, 

I've been having a look online at this:

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204065-lg-43um7500pla-43-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx

Can you give me your best price on this with the Sanus vmf720 (if it's compatible?)

Also this one please, https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204029-panasonic-tx40gx800b-40-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx

I'd prefer the bigger screen but my space is really tight so want a price on the smaller Panasonic too.

Thanks again
    Hey Blondeonblonde.

Our Euro pricing would be the best to pay in at the moment.

The 43UM7500 would be 449 Euro.

The 720 bracket is at a great price of 99 Euro

For the Pana 40GX800 the web price is 629 Euro but I could squeeze a tiny bit off this down to 611 Euro

Kenny.

Hey Blondeonblonde.

For the Pana 40GX800 the web price is 629 Euro but I could squeeze a tiny bit off this down to 611 Euro

Kenny.

Thanks again Kenny,

I think I will most likely go with the Panasonic 40GX but just wanted to check with you about the Panasonic TX40HX800B . It seems to be identical specs but more expensive, what's the difference?

Thanks

Hey Blondeonblonde.

Kenny.

Thanks again Kenny,

I think I will most likely go with the Panasonic 40GX but just wanted to check with you about the Panasonic TX40HX800B . It seems to be identical specs but more expensive, what's the difference?

Thanks
    Hi blondeonblonde,

The HX series has an additional feature called HDR Bright Panel Plus which uses brighter LEDs in the backlight to give incresed contrast and brightness!

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

• Advertisement

Hi blondeonblonde,

The HX series has an additional feature called HDR Bright Panel Plus which uses brighter LEDs in the backlight to give incresed contrast and brightness!

Kind regards

David

Thanks for the update. I will take the GX40 inch model please with the Sanus vmf720 mount.

Can I pm you with contact details?

Hi blondeonblonde,

Kind regards

David

Thanks for the update. I will take the GX40 inch model please with the Sanus vmf720 mount.

Can I pm you with contact details?
    Hey Blondeonblonde.

No problem at all.

Drop us a PM with your contact number and we can call you first thing in the morning to complete the order.

Enjoy your evening.

Kenny.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.