If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turntable, amp, speaker bundle

Options
  • 01-05-2020 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭

Good morning all.

My son in the UK is looking for a cheap vinyl setup for his fiancee.

I have very little knowledge of this as my last turntable purchase was probably 40 years ago!

I would assume that a turntable, amp and speakers would be needed but open to suggestions.

Budget is a bit constrained to be honest. If we can keep close to £400 including everything needed that would be perfect. Could stretch it a little bit. Emphasis on the little!

Thanks in advance

Edit: Forgot to say it doesn't need any fancy features as it is just to play vinyl. He has a Sonos setup for anything else.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Ionised wrote: »
    Good morning all.

My son in the UK is looking for a cheap vinyl setup for his fiancee.

I have very little knowledge of this as my last turntable purchase was probably 40 years ago!

I would assume that a turntable, amp and speakers would be needed but open to suggestions.

Budget is a bit constrained to be honest. If we can keep close to £400 including everything needed that would be perfect. Could stretch it a little bit. Emphasis on the little!

Thanks in advance

Edit: Forgot to say it doesn't need any fancy features as it is just to play vinyl. He has a Sonos setup for anything else.
    Hi Ionised.

Thanks for the post.

For a nice little stereo setup he could look at the:
    Pioneer A10AE priced at £149
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204409-pioneer-a10ae-black-stereo-amplifier.aspx

Pair it with the Audio Technica LP60XBT priced at £149
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203926-audio-technica-lp60xbt-black-bluetooth-turntable.aspx

Then use the Q Acoustics 3010 speakers priced at £99
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-201174-q-acoustics-3010-graphite-matte-graphite-speaker-per-pair.aspx

Only other thing you would require would be some speaker cable.
    Priced at £1.19 per meter
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-900187-cambridge-audio-symphony-100-speaker-cable-per-metre.aspx

Let me know your thoughts.

Kenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Ionised

Many thanks for the advice. I'll pass on the info.

I assume he can just order from the UK site no problem ?

Many thanks for the advice. I'll pass on the info.

I assume he can just order from the UK site no problem ?
    Hi Ionised.

No problem at all.

Yeah if he is over in England, Scotland or Wales he would have to order from the .co.uk website.

I can of course answer any questions that you or he may have regarding the items though :)

Hope you have a good weekend.

Kenny.

Thanks for the assistance. He has placed his order.

Thanks for the assistance. He has placed his order.
    Excellent Ionised :D

The UK web team are a great bunch of guys/girls and will deal with his order in a timely fashion for him.

Kenny.

• Advertisement

There was one issue with an item being out of stock after ordering but it was sorted swiftly so no complaints there.
    He is expecting final item delivery today

There was one issue with an item being out of stock after ordering but it was sorted swiftly so no complaints there.
    He is expecting final item delivery today
    Excellent News Ionised.

If we can ever help in any way in future please let us know :)

Kenny.

Final item arrived. Many thanks to your team.

Final item arrived. Many thanks to your team.
    You are more than welcome Ionised :D

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.