Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Direct debits not taken

Options
  • 01-05-2020 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

Hi, 

We have 6-7 direct debits that are due to come out of our BOI account on the 1st of the month including our mortgage but none of them have been debited today. 

Is there a problem with the bank? 

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭Tow

1st of May = EU bank holiday, so clearing system is shutdown.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭ofcork

People should have been informed I wasn't aware of this like others im sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

ofcork wrote: »
    People should have been informed I wasn't aware of this like others im sure.

PTSB sent me a message on the 24/25. With reminders that employees could get paid on the Wed or Thursday depending on what bank your employer is with.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭ozbackineire

I was not aware of Friday being an EU Bank Holiday , no correspondence from BOI. The direct debits came out yesterday however a heads-up would have been appreciated. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Hi ozbackineire

Not sure if you may have seen our reply here it seems you may have posted twice regarding the same query.

We communicated the European Bank Holiday for personal and business customers customers logging to our App. We also communicated this through our main website and pinned tweet @talktoboi

If you have any future questions feel free to check back with us.

Many thanks
    Alison

• Advertisement
Advertisement