Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long to receive a SEPA payment?

Options
  • 01-05-2020 4:53pm
    Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,498 ✭✭✭✭

Hi there
    Can you explain why it takes forever to send a payment to Ulster Bank? Money was transferred on Wednesday to multiple accounts from BOI and yet here I am, 2 days later, UB account still haven't received it. AIB, PTSB and even the credit union has received the payment (all received by yesterday).

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,498 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Great. Just found out if it hadn't reached my account today it won't be until Tuesday at the earliest. Ive 5 direct debits coming out on Tuesday, and if the money hasnt reached the account by then, I'll have over €100 in penalties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi antodec

Thanks for reaching out to us here.

If the payment was made before 3.30 pm on Wednesday we would have expected this to credit on Thursday with Ulster Bank. 

If it was made after cut off time of 3.30pm it is likely with the European bank holiday yesterday and along with the ROI bank holiday this Monday, a non BOI bank may not be able to credit until Tuesday 5th of May. 

Your direct debits should be okay for you as these will present on the 5th also.

Hope the information helps 

Many thanks 
    Alison 

Advertisement