Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Proplus strimmer - any good??

Options
  • 01-05-2020 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi just wondering if anyone has any idea if proplus multi-tool are reliable for light garden work.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭celticbhoy27

I've one for the last 10 years. No problems with it

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Fiftyplus

I had a brushcutter, endless problems and repairs. Ditched it recently and bought an Efco, more expensive but recommended by repair man. All good so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Jakey Rolling

Picked up a 33cc PoPlus multitool last year - after 2 uses, approx 1.5 hours it wouldn't start.
    Over a week I tried everything to get it going, but only resolved after I disassembled and rebuilt the carburettor.
    Couldn't see anthything blocking the carb, fuel mix was correct and filters all clean.

My only observation is the build quality of the carb might not be the best - machining marks clearly visible on the block where the reed valve flaps are seated. If it gives bother again I'll probably try sanding this area smooth this area.

My local repair shop said they can't get spare parts for these engines, and would recommend Stihl, OleoMac etc.
    I guess you get what you pay for in a lot of cases.

100412.2526@compuserve.com

Advertisement