Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bláthnaid NÃ* Chofaigh is taking a personal injury claim against RTE

Options
  • 01-05-2020 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30,601 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I'm not sure of the circumstances of this but I have been lead to believe that she's a bit of a character.

Anybody know whats going on with Bláthnaid?
    Television presenter Bláthnaid Ní Chofaigh is suing her employers RTÉ, the Irish Independent has learned.
    The 'Nationwide' presenter has initiated personal injury proceedings against the national broadcaster, where she has worked in a variety of roles over the past three decades.
    Ms Ní Chofaigh (49) declined to comment on the High Court action, but it is thought to relate to grievances spanning a considerable period of time.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/tv-host-blathnaid-in-personal-injury-case-against-rte-39172562.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,459 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

We should be suing RTE for employing her.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭addaword

Never heard of her. Did she fall off a swing too?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

I’d say she’s a right battle axe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Giraffe Box

Never heard of her.
    So looked her up on the Google machine.
    She was once nominated for a 'VIP Style Award for Most Stylish Woman' and presented a few afternoon shows...that's about it really.
    Probably saw the axe coming down and thought: ''I better trouser a few bob for the future as fúck knows I'll never get a job anywhere else''

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Waccamacca3

She left afternoon show cos she said she was being bullied by her Co presenter. Internal investigation done and rte found there was no case. She still got work off them the St Patrick's day parade etc but as work has dried up I mean dried up for she is taking this action. She looks a right battle axe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

She left afternoon show cos she said she was being bullied by her Co presenter. Internal investigation done and rte found there was no case. She still got work off them the St Patrick's day parade etc but as work has dried up I mean dried up for she is taking this action. She looks a right battle axe

Thought it was the other way around,was it not her was supposed to be bullying "Ann something" that was on the British big brother.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,601 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

tipptom wrote: »
    Thought it was the other way around,was it not her was supposed to be bullying "Ann something" that was on the British big brother.

I thought it was Sheana Keane that left!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

It's their own fault for continuing to employ her. They haven't been able to find a role for her in about 25 years that she has been there. She is the most dislikable presenter at the station. I can tolerate Ray D'Arcy for about 20 seconds but with her it's straight to remote control. I remember being a kid during the summer when the Den was went on holiday and Echo Island was on, I couldn't stand even stand her then :pac:

They had an opportunity to dump her after the bullying accusations and they still kept her around like a bad smell.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

?

Your right.

Wasn't it Sheena Keane who made the allegation?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

you've got that arseways and she's staff. she gets paid no matter what.She's been in RTE since she left school

• Advertisement

tipptom wrote: »
    ?

Your right.

Wasn't it Sheena Keane who made the allegation?

It's years ago now and I think it was Sheena made the claim.
    It was in the mid 2000's and RTE had loads of money and they put three women together and I don't think it worked out.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,583 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Hopefully she loses the case and has costs awarded against her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭Bellbottoms

Dara O Brianin famouslt tells this story about Ni Chofaigh
    [HTML]https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2poszd[/HTML]

From the 5 minute mark onwards.

TBH its shocking that she is still in RTE. I thought the bullying allegations would of been the end of her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭Bellbottoms

What ever happened Keane?

Actually what happened Sinead Desmond. She used to be everywhere and seems to of just dropped off the planet.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Orchids

Isn't she the current presenter of Nationwide with Ann Cassin, taking over when Mary Kennedy retired earlier this year or late 2019?

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Orchids

Orchids wrote: »
    Isn't she the current presenter of Nationwide with Ann Cassin, taking over when Mary Kennedy retired earlier this year or late 2019?

Bláthnaid Ní Chofaigh that is!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

TBH its shocking that she is still in RTE. I thought the bullying allegations would of been the end of her.

Jesus, that bit from blue peter would give the solicitors and H&S officers a heart attack if a presenter attempted such a thing today.

🙈🙉🙊

Jesus, he didn't like her at all :pac:

What ever happened Keane?

Actually what happened Sinead Desmond. She used to be everywhere and seems to of just dropped off the planet.

Yeah I miss switching onto TV3 in the morning to see her in her knee length skirts and stilettos.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

I’d say she’s a right battle axe.

a lightening b!tch

• Advertisement

Anyone got the Savage eye clips? They really capture her scary psycho aura.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭jharr100

Anyone got the Savage eye clips? They really capture her scary psycho aura.

Savage eye should be on the rte player !

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

This isn’t working for me can someone gimme the jist

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

That's what your Ma said last night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Here's the link to the video:

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2poszd

I remember it well. :) And I knew exactly who he was talking about when he said it because I remembered him and Ni Chofaigh being on Echo Island together. He didn't really try hard to hide it in fairness. Any Irish person of a certain age would know to whom he was referring.

EDIT: Somebody above said the relevant bit is around the 5:00 mark but, actually, I'd watch the whole bit on children's TV presenters from around 2:00 onwards because he calls it "a vicious snake pit of ambition" and other stuff and it's easy to picture yer wan.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,189 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Here's the link to the video:

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2poszd

I remember it well. :) And I knew exactly who he was talking about when he said it because I remembered him and Ni Chofaigh being on Echo Island together. He didn't really try hard to hide it in fairness. Any Irish person of a certain age would know to whom he was referring.

Oohh controversial!

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭da_miser

She caught Diabetes from stuffing her face with cream cakes in the free RTE staff canteen?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Vestiapx

This

The Heard seems to say more about her past!(Well I couldn't view all the Independent article.)

https://www.herald.ie/news/i-cant-comment-says-host-blathnaid-as-she-takes-personal-injuries-claim-out-against-rte-39172223.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭DrGreenThumb82

She's an absolute dose. Thinks she's the **** too

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement