Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bláthnaid NÃ* Chofaigh is taking a personal injury claim against RTE

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭DrGreenThumb82

She's an absolute dose. Thinks she's the **** too. Bossy, shrill, overbearing wagon.

The enigma that is Bláthnaid Ní Chofaigh. Ego the size of a small planet, as personable and warm as a prickly pear. Intimidates colleagues that dare take any of the shine off her. Somehow has established a cosy relationship with the Indo (must have the editor dangling over some salacious scandal), which pastes her frigid mug on the front page seemingly every other day. Her dubious "claim" has all the hallmarks of an incredibly entitled woman scorned, looking to extort a huge severance sum courtesy of the taxpayer. If there is any notion of the universe righting itself, she won't receive a single cent and her reputation will be hung out to dry by the ensuing fallout. A nasty piece of work deserves only comeuppance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

The enigma that is Bláthnaid Ní Chofaigh. Ego the size of a small planet, as personable and warm as a prickly pear. Intimidates colleagues that dare take any of the shine off her. Somehow has established a cosy relationship with the Indo (must have the editor dangling over some salacious scandal), which pastes her frigid mug on the front page seemingly every other day. Her dubious "claim" has all the hallmarks of an incredibly entitled woman scorned, looking to extort a huge severance sum courtesy of the taxpayer. If there is any notion of the universe righting itself, she won't receive a single cent and her reputation will be hung out to dry by the ensuing fallout. A nasty piece of work deserves only comeuppance.

100%

I hope she fails miserably.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭dd973

Forgot all about her as she's not on telly that much now. Born 12 Nov. Scorpio.

So yes, a c**t.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Dynomutt

I remember reading an article where she claimed that talking to her in English was "racism", and realising that she wasn't the full shilling.

https://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/blathnaids-minority-report-30044971.html

• Advertisement

Dynomutt wrote: »
    I remember reading an article where she claimed that talking to her in English was "racism", and realising that she wasn't the full shilling.

Sounds about right.

I suspect RTÉ were afraid she'd put in a discrimination claim (sexism, ageism?) if they let her go, didn't give her work.

I remember an article previously where she was not happy with the amount of work she has been given... possibly a message being given.

Her ego is writing cheques her talent cannot cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭popa smurf

dd973 wrote: »
    Forgot all about her as she's not on telly that much now. Born 12 Nov. Scorpio.

So yes, a c**t.

You forgot to put in A red head Scorpio

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

Great tits though

• Registered Users Posts: 82,826 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Let me guess, RTE will do an out of court settlement with her for a billion dollars.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,319 ✭✭✭pgj2015

surely the work RTE give her will dry up now? then we wont have to see her again :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Tork

Is she no longer on Nationwide? I only watched it once after she came on board as a presenter. I was prepared to give her a chance but she was an absolute dose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

Let me guess, RTE will do an out of court settlement with her for a billion dollars undisclosed amount.

I took a bit of a liberty with your post.

They do like the undisclosed settlements in RTE.

pgj2015 wrote: »
    surely the work RTE give her will dry up now? then we wont have to see her again :)

Doubtful, if anything RTÈ will want to avoid further potential lawsuits.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,427 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Doubtful, if anything RTÈ will want to avoid further potential lawsuits.

Ah lads, this thread is very one sided, why is nobody talking about her positive attributes, the good memories we have of her, like the way she ... eh ... ah,

or maybe that thing when.... aah, ya know....

oh wait, she was really good in that show... no wait, that was Mary Fitzgerald...

Ah feckit carry on with what ye were saying

Akrasia wrote: »
    Ah lads, this thread is very one sided, why is nobody talking about her positive attributes, the good memories we have of her, like the way she ... eh ... ah,

or maybe that thing when.... aah, ya know....

oh wait, she was really good in that show... no wait, that was Mary Fitzgerald...

Ah feckit carry on with what ye were saying

To be fair there was that time... no wait... that was Aonghus McAnally.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,596 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

To be fair there was that time... no wait... that was Aonghus McAnally.

She'd do a great job running the National Ploughing Championships.
    Well paid too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,952 ✭✭✭✭anewme

dd973 wrote: »
    Born 12 Nov. Scorpio.

So yes, a c**t.

Ahhhhhh wtf.?

From a great Scorpio who only gets scorpy when faced with nonsense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Born in Canada, they are so placid as a rule.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,427 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Interesting fact, since She came to public prominence in the Early 90s, not one child has been named Blathnaid

Sociologists refer to the lack of Adolfs in modern Germany as ‘the Blathnaid effect’

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

Her dubious "claim" has all the hallmarks of an incredibly entitled woman scorned, looking to extort a huge severance sum courtesy of the taxpayer.

I don't know any of the details, why is her claim dubious?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,601 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I don't know any of the details, why is her claim dubious?

I'd say mainly because she has no real credibility!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭i57dwun4yb1pt8

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

anyone know what her personal injury is??? broken finger nail?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,319 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Never knew she wasn't Irish lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Akrasia wrote: »
    Interesting fact, since She came to public prominence in the Early 90s, not one child has been named Blathnaid

Sociologists refer to the lack of Adolfs in modern Germany as ‘the Blathnaid effect’

Adolf was big on the oul fake news, wasn't he?

https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/health-family/parenting/just-the-two-of-us-and-not-at-all-fazed-by-it-1.2666054

https://soundcloud.com/bl-thnaid-cadden

https://droghedalife.com/news/blathnaid-13-is-droghedas-youngest-ever-young-innovator-competition-winner

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

Ní Chofaigh presents the Saint Patrick's Day Parade live every year in Dublin City.(Wiki)

This year they cancelled her parade. That is discrimination.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Never could warm to her. Couldn't believe it when she was given the Nationwide gig given her history.

Big feckin toxic head on her

They say in rte that her breath smells as bad as her farts

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Dynomutt wrote: »

The self importance in that article is off the charts, as Blathnaid talks (in the third person) about what Blathnaid thinks, and what a wonderful person Blathnaid is. :rolleyes:

Could never stand her, but that article is something else!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

She's supposedly an absolute dragon to be around.

From the off I couldn't stand the sight on her on TV.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement