Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bláthnaid NÃ* Chofaigh is taking a personal injury claim against RTE

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

The self importance in that article is off the charts, as Blathnaid talks (in the third person) about what Blathnaid thinks, and what a wonderful person Blathnaid is. :rolleyes:

Could never stand her, but that article is something else!

"I'm too big a personality".

In other words youre an overbearing egotist who can't bear sharing the limelight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭ChelseaRentBoy

She's supposedly an absolute dragon to be around.

From the off I couldn't stand the sight on her on TV.

Myself and my wife witnessed her attitude some years back at the Seafield Hotel bar in Wexford.

Nice she ain't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

She'd do a great job running the National Ploughing Championships.
    Well paid too.

Pulling a plough?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

"I'm too big a personality".

In other words youre an overbearing egotist who can't bear sharing the limelight.
    Too "big" to fail?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 343 ✭✭Wtf ?

As an aside, Whetever happened to Carrie Crowley ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

It will more than likely be settled for an undisclosed sum on the steps of the Gold Mine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Fann Linn wrote: »
    It will more than likely be settled for an undisclosed sum on the steps of the Gold Mine.
    With "us" picking up the tab of course.
    Easy retirement money for people with no scruples.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

Dynomutt wrote: »
    I remember reading an article where she claimed that talking to her in English was "racism", and realising that she wasn't the full shilling.

https://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/blathnaids-minority-report-30044971.html

Couldn’t read all of that but can’t believe she expects her kids to speak Irish at the dinner table when their Dad only speaks English.

We speak English in this country love.. get over yourself..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Myself and my wife witnessed her attitude some years back at the Seafield Hotel bar in Wexford.

Nice she ain't.

I'm being nosey now, what exactly happened?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,536 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

addaword wrote: »
    Never heard of her. Did she fall off a swing too?

She definitely fell off something.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 343 ✭✭Wtf ?

yabadabado wrote: »
    She definitely fell off something.
    Was it erect ?

Couldn’t read all of that but can’t believe she expects her kids to speak Irish at the dinner table when their Dad only speaks English.

We speak English in this country love.. get over yourself..

And presumably she spoke in English to the interviewer/journo? Tut tut

• Registered Users Posts: 27 CELBRIDGE HOOP

I read somewhere that her son plays for the Dublin GAA football team.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,596 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Herself and Hector have a lot in common.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

a fiery whest of Ireland woman

fryup wrote: »
    anyone know what her personal injury is??? broken finger nail?

she caught her lad in Ryan Tubridy's toilet-roll dispenser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭lsjmhar

Wtf ? wrote:

She became an actor. She was on fair city for a good while. Not sure if she still is. She said she never wanted to be a tv presenter in one interview. She just wanted to act so followed her dream

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Wtf ? wrote: »
    Ended up on Fair City.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

lsjmhar wrote: »
    She became an actor. She was on fair city for a good while. Not sure if she still is. She said she never wanted to be a tv presenter in one interview. She just wanted to act so followed her dream

A bit of an oxymoron there if I don't say so myself.
    Actor and Fair City in the same paragraph

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Big red c.unt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Breacnua

dd973 wrote: »
    Forgot all about her as she's not on telly that much now. Born 12 Nov. Scorpio.

So yes, a c**t.

Not everyone born in November is the same

The thing that scared me the most I heard her say in an interview that she had her eyes on Mary Kennedy’s job on nationwide and she wasn’t leaving the bosses office until she got the job.
    Also, I don’t watch nationwide that much but the style of it has changed and while she got the job she’s not out reporting meeting the people like Mary was, she walks along the canal and introduces the report... at least rte have some sense.
    Her bowel operation got a lot of sympathy at the time but prickly pears soon loose sympathy.

dd973 wrote: »
    Forgot all about her as she's not on telly that much now. Born 12 Nov. Scorpio.

So yes, a c**t.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Central Services

Breacnua wrote: »

That's true. Depending what year and exact time of November they were born in
    each Scorpio will have a different Moon Sign.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Central Services

Big red c.unt

So I've heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,803 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

She is a horrible nasty yoke
    1st case of bullying herself and big tits waste of space Brunker bullied poor Emma O'Driscoll on Charity 252 reality show back in 2004.
    Then she bullied Sheana Keane on the afternoon show a few years back.
    It amazed me she got the gig after Mary Kennedy on Nationwide. Yet she is still going off and suing her employer. They should just sack her at this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

1st case of bullying herself and big tits waste of space Brunker bullied poor Emma O'Driscoll on Charity 252 reality show back in 2004.
    It amazed me she got the gig after Mary Kennedy on Nationwide. Yet she is still going off and suing her employer. They should just sack her at this stage!

I shouldn’t have but I lol’d

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Attempting the sue them as good as guarantees her job. If they get rid of her now or in the mid term future, she can launch another case saying she was sacked because she took a legal action against them.

Nationwides ratings must have fallen off a cliff since she took over. I rarely watch it myself now, where I used to leave it on after the news. She is an operator, she probably has it all part of survival scheme.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

Wonder is she leveraging this allegation of sexual assault against a dead person for jobs.
    She could have been dropping this into job interviews for years and has now ramped it up since her alleged assailant died.
    Why has this case not progressed for 30 years and only starts to be talked about when the person she is accusing dies.

One thing for sure is RTE will roll over when it come to shovelling our money over to someone in RTE.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement