Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bláthnaid NÃ* Chofaigh is taking a personal injury claim against RTE

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Central Services

She'll probably get a hundred grand or so if she wins. Even adding the legal fees it is a drop in the ocean to RTE's wealth. They probably don't give a fcku. They'll go for celebratory drinks with her when she gets a pay out. It will be a little in joke, a source of banter in the Canteen for years to come.

RTE gets over 200 million a year in revenues from licence fee and advertisements. They're only worry is to not rock the boat with the government, big business and the status quo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭ Andrea Big Manuscript

Couldn’t read all of that but can’t believe she expects her kids to speak Irish at the dinner table when their Dad only speaks English.

We speak English in this country love.. get over yourself..

"Recently, Blathnaid told her children, "Don't make the mistake I made. Don't marry an English-speaker." Her children – Sile, 17, Peadar, 14, Comhgal, 12, and Darach, 10 – were horrified that she would dismiss thus their father, sound designer Ciaran, but much as she loves her husband, Blathnaid spoke from the heart. Increasingly, she is in a panic about the Irish language, and the family dinner table has become a difficult place for her."

Mother of the year there -

Feels like an "outsider" in her D4 haven, christ Feck back off to the gaeltacht if you dont like it ya wagon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭ Andrea Big Manuscript

Couldn’t read all of that but can’t believe she expects her kids to speak Irish at the dinner table when their Dad only speaks English.

We speak English in this country love.. get over yourself..

Why do An Gaeltacht crowd have the biggest chips on their shoulders, a lot come off as just being unbearable to be around..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Lotta love on here for Blāthnaid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Her & Fiona Looney...that is all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Nunu wrote: »

and Brenda.

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Lotta love on here for Blāthnaid.

Whilst she is an obnoxious, vile human being - I would absolutely bang the sh1t out of her.

"I gave birth to the kids in Irish and even, being honest, when I'm intimate with Ciaran, it's in Irish. And I can translate pretty fast, but it's a lonely place to be.

https://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/blathnaids-minority-report-30044971.html

"turas dom suas an poll"

"an bhfuil mé níos leithne ná sráid grafton?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

glasso wrote: »
    https://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/blathnaids-minority-report-30044971.html

"turas dom suas an poll"

"an bhfuil mé níos leithne ná sráid grafton?"

"Suas mo thóin"
    "I mo bhéal"
    "Ithe mo piscín"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Whilst she is an obnoxious, vile human being - I would absolutely bang the sh1t out of her.

I don't think I would give her the satisfaction. But if I did bang her I wouldn't bother with foreplay, just horse it into her, get the job done and hit the road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

I don't think I would give her the satisfaction. But if I did bang her I wouldn't bother with foreplay, just horse it into her, get the job done and hit the road.

Once I had my enjoyment, who cares?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,659 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

She'll probably get a hundred grand or so if she wins. Even adding the legal fees it is a drop in the ocean to RTE's wealth. They probably don't give a fcku. They'll go for celebratory drinks with her when she gets a pay out. It will be a little in joke, a source of banter in the Canteen for years to come.

RTE gets over 200 million a year in revenues from licence fee and advertisements. They're only worry is to not rock the boat with the government, big business and the status quo.

Where have you been recently?

You really think rte are rolling in the cash?

NIMAN wrote: »

I don't mean (and I didn't say) they are profitable.

But their revenues and expenditures are up in the hundreds of millions.

One compensation settlement in the region of a hundred grand won't be keeping Dee awake at night. It's not an issue that will be impactfull.

What do they care if they're making losses anyway. They don't have shares in the thing. All are on nice salaries.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,575 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Well they gave their old political correspondent Martina Fitzgerald a big payoff about a year ago....

Why? Because they didn’t renew her contract (which expired naturally).

So that’s what your dealing with when it comes to RTÉ

RTE was widely criticised for not renewing Fitzgerald’s contract as Political Correspondent in December 2018.[7][8] It was later reported that Fitzgerald had engaged lawyers[9] following which RTE reached a settlement with its former political correspondent.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,055 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

They’re insured

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭Woke Hogan

There’s a lot of ugly comments in this discussion about Blathnaid, even though there’s nothing to suggest that she’s running any kind of scam by suing RTE. For all we know she may well have a genuine grievance.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,128 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Once I had my enjoyment, who cares?

Nice to see you boys putting those school ipads to good use.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,189 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

elperello wrote: »
    Nice to see you boys putting those school ipads to good use.

Pretty vulgar whatever age they are.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭themandan6611

Pretty vulgar whatever age they are.

scummy comments, irrespective of the view of her and her behaviour - wonder what the female members of their families would think reading those 2 x comments.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Nunu wrote: »

Looney seems alright

A woman you could have a serious session with and discuss the football

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭batman75

Woke Hogan wrote: »
    There’s a lot of ugly comments in this discussion about Blathnaid, even though there’s nothing to suggest that she’s running any kind of scam by suing RTE. For all we know she may well have a genuine grievance.

She comes across as an absolute wagon. She is the kind of employee that a manager has nightmares about. She's one of those people that is a time bomb and you don't know when it's going to go off. Her co presenter on an afternoon accused her of bullying years ago. Ended up leaving RTE.

scummy comments, irrespective of the view of her and her behaviour - wonder what the female members of their families would think reading those 2 x comments.

But if those comments weren't made then you couldn't make the standard moral outraged, sanctimonious post together with cliched female family member bit.
    So we're all happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,474 ✭✭✭HBC08

Possibly,but she's such an dislikeable, insufferable weapon that it's hard to see it from that point of view.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭themandan6611

But if those comments weren't made then you couldn't make the standard moral outraged, sanctimonious post together with cliched female family member bit.
    So we're all happy.

ah fair enough, you ask your mam to read your comment "I would absolutely bang the sh1t out of her" and see if she is happy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

Suggestion in media piece above is that it's connected to a charge of sexual harassment when she was starting out in RTE? If so, maybe a tad late in coming to the table.

ah fair enough, you ask your mam to read your comment "I would absolutely bang the sh1t out of her" and see if she is happy

The ancient cliche 'kids out of school' jibe has already been used a few posts up.

Do you not have a single original thought rattling around your empty skull?

Unfortunately for you unoriginality and mediocrity aren't something you grow out of.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

Jeez being any kind of a well known person must be so difficult.if you don't think so just read this thread.
    Bloody hell 99.9 percent of you probably don't even know her.
    The comments in here are a disgrace to say the least.

Jeez being any kind of a well known person must be so difficult.if you don't think so just read this thread.

she has been involved in numerous internal scraps in RTE over the years - the only common denominator being her

pretty much nobody who has worked with her has a good word to say about her

by all accounts, there is a very high probability that she is exactly as she comes across -> a thundering count.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭Woke Hogan

It’s obscene. For all we know she has a perfectly genuine reason to take RTE to court. The internet woman-haters of Boards.ie would never give her the benefit of the doubt, though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Breacnua

Know her, she’s been plastered all over rte with years and given plenty personal interview to mags and the likes - it doesn’t take one to be her personal best friend to work out what kind of character she is. A bully is never a nice person
    No matter who they are.
    There has been nothing said that isn’t to far if not in fact the truth.
    Any woman who demands a job just coz she feels like it and then sues all around her and couldn’t hack presenting with two other women so made their life hell has serious issues.

She’s not a nice person in her work place or to the public. I wouldn’t want her interviewing my granny. Mary Kennedy could stay in the guest room.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement