Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Times took money but no deliveries

Options
  • 02-05-2020 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

I signed up for delivery to my apartment of the Irish Times a couple of days a week. I paid over 30 euros.
    So far no paper has arrived that was April 6
    I have been in correspondence with the It but to no avail.
    Yesterday they took another 30 euros out of my account
    Does anyone know what’s going on inside the IT and their delivery service?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭swampy353

Have you made contact with customer services? It could be something really simple like it been put in the wrong postbox

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Try contacting them on Twitter or Facebook, not sure how delivery is done in apartments, on a house they don't put it in the letter box, they put it on the ground close to the door or sometime half way down the drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 larry2020

I am in contact with the IT by e mail but nothing is happening. They already deliver another publication here.
    They just leave it at the main door in a plastic bag.
    Does anyone know a good contact in the IT off or someone I could call.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Innervision

Exact same has happened me, I'm waiting to hear back from an email I sent them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

Exact same has happened me, I'm waiting to hear back from an email I sent them.

The customer service number for the delivery service is 01 6758894. If you are not getting a response on email , you could try phoning them .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 larry2020

Ok great. I will call them first thing Tuesday
    Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭java

I signed up in March and started getting deliveries a couple of weeks later. I've just noticed they have added a 6.50 admin charge this month which is new and they didnt contact me beforehand. Sneaky.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,013 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Any charge like that without notice would not be legal. Not on my account; would cause me to drop the paper version of the Irish Times and go back to buying the SBP in the shop if they bring that in.

They only deliver in areas with relatively high potential density of subscribers (the new An Post scheme excepted); they save the retailer margin on the papers and subscriber circulation is valued more by advertisers hence the lack of delivery fees; I would expect that to remain.

Advertisement