Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1989 NSR 125

Options
  • 02-05-2020 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭

What do all you Boardsies think this would be worth, if anything?? This was in use up to 15+ years ago, then parked up (it was running). VLC is available and currently looking for the keys!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭asgaard

What do all you Boardsies think this would be worth, if anything?? This was in use up to 15+ years ago, then parked up (it was running). VLC is available and currently looking for the keys!!

it takeeessss sooo long to open attachment cuz of the size.

Is it something like this https://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/model/Honda/honda_nsr125r_89.html ? Could be a nice retro project.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭blackbird98

it's the naked version, would have been identical to this in it's heyday!!!

asgaard wrote: »
    it takeeessss sooo long to open attachment cuz of the size.

I just replaced them with smaller files, but I think there may be an issue with Boards, everything seems to be slow!!!

this is identical to what it did look like!!!
    https://www.pinterest.at/pin/526428643939957424/

• Advertisement

I'll get it right yet!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

At the very least you will be fitting a new set of crankseals, new brake seals and lines possibly brake pistons as well depending on how corroded they are and new fluid.

Chain and sprockets
    Gearbox oil, check clutch plates are not rusty from being exposed, I have seen this a few times.
    Brake discs are probably OK and bearings would definately need to be checked.

Flush tank and check for rust and leaks after rust holes are exposed.
    Check two stroke oil pump is working and not seized up or gummed with old oil.

Don't make the mistake of firing fresh premix in to it and seeing if it runs the bores could be rusted as well as the powervalve.
    Check the bores before kicking it over, if they are rusty or the rings are rusty it is better to pull the cylinders off first and then unseize.

CJhaughey wrote: »
    At the very least you will be fitting a new set of crankseals,

Thanks for that, but it's not mine, nor have I any interest in doing anything with it. It belongs to my nephew who emigrated. It's more a question of what it is worth, his mother wants to get rid of it, and he doesn't want it

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭doctorchopper

I would say 4-500. It's going to need a lot, tyres, chain, sprockets, brake callipers are probably seized,fork seals, possibly new forks due to pitting, linkage bearings, wheel bearings, most seals in the engine. You would sink way more into it than its worth so maybe a hard sell. But there is always someone out there that likes a challenge

I would say 4-500........ maybe a hard sell. But there is always someone out there that likes a challenge

Thanks for that. I'd say she'd e happy if she got €300. haven't found the keys.

I might stick it up on donedeal to see if there's any interest

• Advertisement

There are many collectors so it will be sold quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Fabio

Jaysus I dunno....€200 maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭GavPJ

I would be interested in it as a project if the price is right.

You'd be surprised what people will pay. if you are not in a hurry throw it up on the high side and see what interest it brings

You'd be surprised what people will pay. if you are not in a hurry throw it up on the high side and see what interest it brings

I'd say you could be right, I've already received a pm from somebody interested in it. I probably won't advertise it until after the 18th, if some of the travel restrictions are lifted. Thanks for the advice

I'd say you could be right, I've already received a pm from somebody interested in it. I probably won't advertise it until after the 18th, if some of the travel restrictions are lifted. Thanks for the advice

Let me know too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭khaldrogo

It's a 2 stroke engine yes?

The biggest questions in regards to it's would be (a) is the engine seized
    (b) when was the last engine rebuild

As it stands it's worth about 200e

If running etc maybe 400e

khaldrogo wrote: »
    It's a 2 stroke engine yes?

The biggest questions in regards to it's would be (a) is the engine seized
    (b) when was the last engine rebuild

As it stands it's worth about 200e

If running etc maybe 400e

I don't think it is seized, I'll have to check, it was running until parked up. Haven't a clue about rebuild / service etc.

I have a few people interested in it as it is, a couple of offers via pm

fine example here of expensive junk https://www.facebook.com/groups/303684146353488/

I don't think it is seized, I'll have to check, it was running until parked up. Haven't a clue about rebuild / service etc.

I have a few people interested in it as it is, a couple of offers via pm

Did it sell?
    Gav.

• Advertisement

GavPJ wrote: »
    Did it sell?
    Gav.

Hi Gav, I haven't done anything about it since, been busy with other things. I have a reasonable offer on it at the moment, hopefully get around to it next week

Advertisement