Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phishing Pop Up - how to remove?

Options
  • 02-05-2020 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭

Windows 10 x64.

A fake Virgin Media survey pops up while I am using one website and only this one website. (It's www.bridgebase.com )

Firstly, while I am using Bridgebase, a window pops up asking if I am sure I want to leave the website. I close it.

But, it pops up repeatedly. Eventually, it closes Bridgebase and the fake survey window opens.

This happens in both Firefox and MS Edge. I have Block Pop Ups ticked in both browsers.

The only way I can use BridgeBase without the popup is to use Chrome and access BridgeBase via an Incognito window. Then, I don't have a problem.

But, something is wrong and I'd like to fix it. Virgin seem to be aware of this problem. https://www.virginmedia.com/help/fraudulent-surveys

Why does this happen only with this website and how can I fix it? (There are typically about 50,000 uses on this site at any one time, so I think the problem is specific to me.)

Anything I can do to the browsers so that it doesn't detect me when I login to BridgeBase?

Thanks.

D.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭sheepsh4gger

Try using Google Chrome, it can't be hijacked easily.
    Also run Malwarebytes on that machine, you probably have malware.

Advertisement