Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airpod Pro as a headset

• 02-05-2020 4:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,607 ✭✭✭✭

Hi All.

Anyone have experience using the Apple Airpod Pro as a headset with a Macbook Pro?

Any good, reliable even with bluetooth?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 701 ✭✭✭PaulT21

Headshot wrote: »
    Hi All.

Anyone have experience using the Apple Airpod Pro as a headset with a Macbook Pro?

Any good, reliable even with bluetooth?

Cant speak to the AirPods Pro but I own the 2 Generation Airpods and frequently connect them to my MacBook Pro and they are great. Easy connectivity and great range and clarity. I can be in the next room or upstairs and the connection and audio stay strong. Assuming that the Pros are as good as the previous generation, I don't think you will have any issues.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Pete123456

I have used both the airpods 2 and pro with a MacBook, I find they work very well as a headset, but obviously they will always with Apple stuff. Sound and mic is very clear, the same when using the iPhone or iPad.

I find them poor with a Lenovo laptop, connectivity is not great and there is a delay at times, but I would wager it’s as much the laptop as the airpods...

I know for example the Apple TV accounts for a possible delay between the picture and sound using Bluetooth with airpods but other stuff wouldn’t know to do that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,702 ✭✭✭whippet

I use them with my iPad when on Teams calls - but would always use either the Sennihiser Speakerphone or Headset when doing calls on the Mac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

I use them with my Macbook and work laptop, they're good

A handy trick is if you think the call will run long, use one and then when it goes beep beep that its battery is low, use the fresh one and place the dead one back in to charge again... Only really works if you're in a quiet environment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,214 ✭✭✭pad199207

How do folks find the AirPods Pro? Worth getting?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Pete123456

pad199207 wrote: »
    How do folks find the AirPods Pro? Worth getting?

I find them grand, but no matter which size ear tip I use, they seem to slip out of my left ear, enough to defeat the noise cancelling. They don’t fall out, but the NC relies on a seal.

To be honest, I was happy with the AirPods 2, the AirPods Pro are great, but the battery isn’t great and because of slipping out of my ear, not worth the 279 in my eyes

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Marcus-Aurelius

Battery quite poor on the airpods imho. Recently, purchased a second pair, gen 2, after my first pair went thro the wash. Wouldn't do it again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

Pete123456 wrote: »
    I find them grand, but no matter which size ear tip I use, they seem to slip out of my left ear, enough to defeat the noise cancelling. They don’t fall out, but the NC relies on a seal.

To be honest, I was happy with the AirPods 2, the AirPods Pro are great, but the battery isn’t great and because of slipping out of my ear, not worth the 279 in my eyes

Try these replacement tips when they are released:

https://www.complyfoam.com/products/app-comply-foam-tips-compatible-with-airpods-pro/

I use their brand for my Bang and Olufsen E8 ear buds and they are great. Will possibly improve sound quality too once you create a good seal in your ear.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭turfthrower

Try these replacement tips when they are released:

https://www.complyfoam.com/products/app-comply-foam-tips-compatible-with-airpods-pro/

I use their brand for my Bang and Olufsen E8 ear buds and they are great. Will possibly improve sound quality too once you create a good seal in your ear.

Thanks for the tip (if you'll excuse the pun!)

Ordered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

Thanks for the tip (if you'll excuse the pun!)

Ordered.

Their shipping can be quite slow normally so it’ll probably be worse in the current climate. Allow 2-3 weeks from dispatch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 Cathy_22

I've had airpods pro for nearly two years, but I've been using them for less than six months. Because of my small ear piercing, my ears get swollen and painful when I wear airpods pro for more than 2 hrs. I wore them every day for a while and developed slight tinnitus in my ears. I don't know if it's just me or the headphones, but I've seen many people experience the type of ear swelling and pain, so I think these in-ear headphones may not be suitable for extended wear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

Airpod Pro work great with my iMac and work laptop HP something or other.

Only beef I have with them is they don't stay in my ears, tried the different little pads you get and none worked so I picked up clips for them and all sorted.

I must have weird shaped ears

Advertisement