Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boardsies Decide - Game of Thrones Greatest Character

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,413 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Danerys for me, absolutely central to the greater plot. Also smoking hot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Anyone who think Dany is a good character is deluded... she's the Mariah Carey of Game Of Thrones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,387 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Tormond

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Obviously there'd be bugger all story without Dany, but Tormund is much more entertaining so he gets my vote.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Tormund gets my vote, much better character, got bored of Dany pretty quick in both series and books

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 Necrina

Tormund because I would choose a funny wildling over a mad queen

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Tornund ,the way the show went probably sullied my view of danerys

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

And in the tightest battle yet, Tormund (with a little help from Necrina) topples the Mad Queen.

6-5 the scoreline.

Match 13:

Two members of the Kingsguard facing off next.

Meryn Trant

360?cb=20140928135510

VS

Jaime Lannister

220px-Jaime_Lannister-Nikolaj_Coster-Waldau.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

Anyone who think Dany is a good character is deluded... she's the Mariah Carey of Game Of Thrones

There's a dragon heading your way buddy..

• Advertisement

Has to be Jaime Lannister. For a supposed baddie, you often find yourself rooting for him rather than his opponent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

King slayer. Trying to ignore the nasty sister business

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Jaime because Meryn's a big paedo and even though Jaime got a terrible ending in the show, still a great arc until the final season

King slayer. Trying to ignore the nasty sister business

Funnily enough, incest would be one of the lesser crimes Cersei and Jaime are guilty of :D

There's a dragon heading your way buddy..

I ain't buddies with anyone who thinks Dany is a good character... ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭davetherave

Jaime because as Bronn says "you're[Meryn] a grub in fancy armor who's better at beating little girls than fighting men." and as The Hound says "Any boy whore with a sword could beat three Meryn Trants".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

The Kingslayer he is my favourite of all the characters book and TV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Jamie, always had a bit of good in him

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Jaime because he so pretty.

I'd have gone Dany too if I'd been here earlier. As a book reader I've not had to deal with the downfall that her tv counterpart went through.

Jaime Lannister storms into the next round with a pasting of his Kingsguard buddy. 6-0 the scoreline.

• Advertisement

Match 14:

A blood feud is reborn in this next battle;

Eddard Stark

latest?cb=20120511213934

VS

Theon Greyjoy

220px-Theon_Greyjoy-Alfie_Allen.jpg

Jaime can't win in the story he killed the mad king to stop him ordering Tywin killed in a world where honou means so much Jaime is better making the rules up as he goes along problem for him was most of the kings guard were Rheagars friends so he was on his own and protected his father rather than the king. It's funny this never comes up in the show and very rarely comes up in the book.

Theon because Sean Bean can f**k off and all...

Ned, because, "one does not simply become kingshand and survive crossing a Lannister".

quickbeam wrote: »
    I'd have gone Dany too if I'd been here earlier. As a book reader I've not had to deal with the downfall that her tv counterpart went through.

She's literally the worst character in the books too though QB. Her chapters would bore ya to tears.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Has to be Ned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,387 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Theon for me, tough one.

She's literally the worst character in the books too though QB. Her chapters would bore ya to tears.

Nah, I liked her.

Ned is too prickly I'd have chopped Jaime down in the throne room I'd have cut up little finger and knowing Jon Snows parentage I'd have murdered Robert as Lyanne would have been much more important to me than a friend.

In saying that Reek is a sneak so Ned gets my vote over tooless Theon

• Advertisement

Eddard was such a good egg noble and strong. He didn't last long enough though to have made much of an impact I feel. Theon on the other hand was a great character. So human. So flawed. Theon for me.

quickbeam wrote: »
    Nah, I liked her.

Fair enough. Each to their own. You're wrong though. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,400 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Eddard Stark - Ten times the man Theon could dream to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Eddard was the best character in the whole show..... should win contest easily!!!

Ned leads 4-2, this contest expires at 18.04

Ned Stark, because Theon is, sorry has a bit of a useless prick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Theons story arc, arrogant head melter, villain, reek the traitorous feck was an evil ****e, his redemption was brilliant though but a bit soured by the rushed last couple of seasons.

Neds absolutely central to everything that went on even though he was in season one only. Genuinely painful death for my naive head watching it.

Ned wins but just about

Ned takes down Theon/Reek with a 6-2 victory and makes it past the first round.... so very unlike Game of Thrones and Sean Bean's roles in general then :P

A bit sad to see Sansa go and Tywin.

Sansa had a fantastic story arc throughout

Tywin was the pure brains behind the operation but to be fair the hound was played beautifully. Thank god for 2nd chances, cant believe I missed the start of this

Match 15

Over the halfway point now and next up is the battle of the friend-zone characters....

Jorah Mormont

220px-Jorah_Mormont-Iain_Glen.jpg

VS

Samwell Tarly

220px-Samwell_Tarly-John_Bradley.jpg

Sam, because Sam is the best

• Advertisement

duffman13 wrote: »
    A bit sad to see Sansa go and Tywin.

Sansa had a fantastic story arc throughout

Tywin was the pure brains behind the operation but to be fair the hound was played beautifully. Thank god for 2nd chances, cant believe I missed the start of this

Yeah, luck of the draw really. No way would Tywin/Sansa/Dany/Theon go out before the likes of Viserys and The High Sparrow but that's randomisation for ya :(

Jorah, good back story to him. And absolutely the most friendzoned character in any TV series ever. Sam was grand but his bumbling stick was hard going at times despite him being a likeable enough character

Jorah ftw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,400 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Jorah Mormont - I found Sam a bit boring. Even his discovery of Jon Snow’s bloodline seemed to be done in a “not really that important” blink and you’ll miss it kind of way.

Necro wrote: »
    Yeah, luck of the draw really. No way would Tywin/Sansa/Dany/Theon go out before the likes of Viserys and The High Sparrow but that's randomisation for ya :(

Yeah but that's why you put your morals and random fairness out the window so no one has to make serious decision in round 1 :D

Jorah because Sam was a bit of a dope in the books.

duffman13 wrote: »
    Yeah but that's why you put your morals and random fairness out the window so no one has to make serious decision in round 1 :D

Or apply seedlings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Jorah, hes a noble chap. Gets my vote

These choices are mean

Ser Friendzone Vs Sam the Slayer

Jorah in the beginning is a scumbag character lying and spying on Dany he loves her with all his heart in the end and is willing to die for her.

Sam is such a great character in the books he's good in the show too ..

Jorah get my vote here he fights to win back his place at danys side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Another vote for Jorah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭Niska

Jorah - the bear to his maiden fair.

• Advertisement
Advertisement