Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cable for robot mower boundary cable

Options
  • 02-05-2020 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking for a cheaper alternative cable to use as a boundary cable for auto lawn mower

The branded stuff is mega expensive and its just single core cable with PVC outer, from the spec it quotes Outer diameter: OD 2.7mm Internal diameter:ID 1.42mm

Is there a generic alternative that I could use?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

buzz11 wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm looking for a cheaper alternative cable to use as a boundary cable for auto lawn mower

The branded stuff is mega expensive and its just single core cable with PVC outer, from the spec it quotes Outer diameter: OD 2.7mm Internal diameter:ID 1.42mm

Is there a generic alternative that I could use?

1.42mm is 1.5mm2 you'd get 100m of double insulated lighting singles for under €20 definitely outlive the mower and tougher than the multistrand ****e if you hit it with a spade or a trowel.

https://www.eurosales.ie/products/SPVCPVCCBL.html?filter_set[]=4776,4777,4778,4800

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Bedouin79

Curious did the cable work?? I’m just about to start to lay out my garden and this would be ideal.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭buzz11

Bedouin79 wrote: »
    Curious did the cable work?? I’m just about to start to lay out my garden and this would be ideal.

I ended up having enough cable that came with the mower...

Advertisement