Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone-SE Bill or Pre-Pay

Options
  • 02-05-2020 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

Apologies if this is incorrect thread, I am going to buy the new iPhone-SE and debating whether to go bill or pre-pay. I am currently on eir's €20 prepay option and never had bill before. It seems to me from totting up the figures they are practically identical, if I was to move to go-mo preypay

GoMo Pre-Pay €13 * 24 Months + €500 = €812 (unlimited data, calls, text)
    Eir Bill-pay €30 * 24 months +€100 = €820 (10GB, unlimited texts, 200 mins)

With the obvious benefit of not having to shell out lump sum with bill, it's a no brainer. I understand the packages are very different but 10GB should be more than enough for me. Is there something I'm missing here I was always had the understanding that bill pay over the long run was more expensive.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,459 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Gomo is just unusually cheap and well specced.

10GB isn’t a lot of data, and a lot of calling is moving to voip stuff like WhatsApp etc.

Obviously a fair chunk of the eir monthly bill is the cost of the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭kevin306

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Gomo is just unusually cheap and well specced.

10GB isn’t a lot of data, and a lot of calling is moving to voip stuff like WhatsApp etc.

Obviously a fair chunk of the eir monthly bill is the cost of the phone.

Yes cheaper then everything else by a large margion and lifetime contract.
    Wifi at home and at work, so I don't see data being a problem tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,459 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Get the eir one so on the basis that you’re effectively getting an interest free loan on the phone, and the (basic enough) calls/data will be enough for the next 2 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,641 ✭✭✭✭28064212

One further thing to consider: GoMo is a rolling contract. If you want to move to someone else, it's 30 days notice and that's it. Eir is a fixed 24 months. If you want to cancel, you have to pay a (usually pretty large) cancellation fee. If you're sure you'll be happy with Eir for the 24 months, and the plan is more than enough for your needs, then yes, they are probably the better option

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭ddarcy

I would also add with Eir you can get WiFi calling too. So if you go to the USA for instance and connect to WiFi it is free to ring back to Ireland.

You only get that on the eir bill pay (and is sad as every network should offer this and in the rest of the world mainly do). That is why I went with eir contract because I’m always abroad and can use this feature. May not be important to you, but is worth noting.

Also Eir have multiple deals if you create packages too like with broadband and tv, so if you have these then it could be cheaper. But again may not apply

• Advertisement
Advertisement