Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC beeps and black screen when space bar pressed

Options
  • 02-05-2020 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,567 ✭✭✭

Hi guys my PC was working fine up until last night when I was on here and I was going to comment on a thread so started writing and pressed the space bar and low and behold beeps then black screen.

And if I press esc a few times PC comes back to displaying webpages,but have noticed that it opens up welcome to mail page and my music,these show up after I get out of the black screen and back on to displaying the screen.

And as soon as I hot space bar again beeps and then black screen.

Any help please this driving me nuts lol.am writing this from my smart phone.

PC is fell optiplex 989 on Windows 10.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

Do you have a spare keyboard you could hook up temporally? Might be an issue with the keyboard itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,567 ✭✭✭bassy

degsie wrote: »
    Do you have a spare keyboard you could hook up temporally? Might be an issue with the keyboard itself.

Unfortunately I don't have a spare keyboard lying around,so will have to buy a cheap one to see if my own keyboard is causing the problem or if it's a PC problem.

Cheers for the replie.......

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭extremehalo

bassy wrote: »
    Unfortunately I don't have a spare keyboard lying around,so will have to buy a cheap one to see if my own keyboard is causing the problem or if it's a PC problem.

Cheers for the replie.......

Try the on screen keyboard to rule it out. Disconnect the keyboard you have then use the onscreen and see does it have the same effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,567 ✭✭✭bassy

Try the on screen keyboard to rule it out. Disconnect the keyboard you have then use the onscreen and see does it have the same effect.

Hi there and thanks for your reply,yes have tryed what you suggested and I can confirm that there's no problem with the on screen keyboard and pressing the space bar.

So would I be right in thinking that my current keyboard is indeed the problem ye.

Advertisement