Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bath tap has great pressure but shower is very weak

• 02-05-2020 11:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭

Hi all just wondering what the best way is to resolve a shower pressure problem.

The shower is connected to the bath taps - when switched to bath the pressure is really strong, but the shower is pretty weak.

I did a quick test with a saucepan to measure - the shower head took about 30 seconds to fill the saucepan (pressure isn't much better with the shower head removed from the top of the hose), but when set to the bath taps it only took 2-3 seconds to fill the saucepan.

I've read that height comparison to the tank can make a massive difference, but the pressure seems so high out of the bath taps I can't imagine how the pressure could die off that quickly going up to the shower head.

The internal bore of the shower hose looks very narrow so I'm wondering will a wider bore be likely to resolve this?

Thanks

Advertisement